Chapter 37

It was Monday May sixteenth, and five weeks had passed since Draco Malfoy had bought the deadly Opal necklace back at KnockTurn Alley, and the air outside was beginning to burn hot as summer would be taking place in just exactly two weeks. Students had been busy studying for final exams, and preparing to go home for the summer. Cedric and Coral had been spending every day together, and had a strong friendship building as well as the friendships within the Gemini Circle. Cedric had not gotten the courage to ask Coral to be anything more than friends again, as he was afraid of the rejection he experienced the last time and didn't want to ruin their growing friendship. Today however, Cedric woke up with his mind set on nothing more than getting the courage to finally ask Coral WolfRose to be something more than in just a friendship and pursue his strong feelings he had for her. Sage had spent the past five weeks focused on Draco Malfoy and following him around, which to his loss he didn't find anything , as Draco did not once carry the opal necklace with him on school grounds. The next step Sage would be taking was intruding into the Malfoy manor to get the opal necklace himself from Lucius and destroy it. He could not risk that thing getting anywhere near the school grounds, he would go to any extent. He planned to find Lucius in the summer and retrieve the Opal necklace as well as get him sent to Azkaban, and he had the perfect route for it.

Draco had been distancing himself from Pansy, as he realized he had found an interest for another Slytherin girl named Daphne Greengrass. He was not romantically interested in Daphne, but he would do anything to get away from Pansy Parkinson who nearly drove him insane with her constant thirst for attention. He broke it off with Pansy on May thirteenth, and began to pursue Daphne who was just too easy to catch for his likings. Daphne wasn't going to be enough to satisfy him, as she was rather too unintelligent for his liking and he knew he was missing something. What was he missing though? He stayed up through long nights wondering what on earth he could be missing, and what left this big empty hole in his heart that was unfixable by Pansy , nor Daphne.

~•~

Students flooded into the great hall, with a strong hunger for a big breakfast. With just two weeks left of school, they were all overly excited and could not find one piece of calmness in their bodies. Teachers were all even eager to get a three month break from all the hectic events that happened at Hogwarts, and the constant drama always going on between houses.

Professor Snape sat at the teachers table, glaring and waiting for a raven haired RavenClaw boy to walk through the door. Snape had been watching Sage Merlin the past five weeks closely after growing suspicion from his constant strange behavior. He had been following him as he was watching Draco Malfoy, everywhere Draco was, Sage was there. Not one student had caught the interest and attention of Professor Snape more than Sage Merlin, and that wasn't a good thing.

As students packed into the great hall and filled the empty seats at the tables, the room grew louder with different conversations. The most quiet table had been the RavenClaw table however, as the Gemini circle had not yet arrived. Narrowed eyes from every direction faced to the empty RavenClaw table, wondering where the usual loud group was that everyone envied. Little did they know, the Gemini circle had been fixing a tree that fell onto their house, as a prankster imp had decided it would be funny to cut down the branches.

Loud pattering filled the corridors of the great hall as the group had been the last to enter together, bursting through the door. They quickly made their way to their usual spots with eyeballs glaring at the sweat beads that were falling off their forheads. Fred winked at a group of swooning third year Gryffindor girls, then threw himself down on the bench. The girls noticed, and squealed to their friends about the fourth year Gryffindor twins hitting on them. Neville rolled his eyes at the brainless girls and dug into his food.