Part 77

Neji then took up his fighting stance while chuckling. " So much better for me. I can't wait to see the look of despair on your face when you learn that your foolish vow is impossible to keep."

"Are we going to stand here talking all day? Let's get going. Show me what you got." Naruto asked. A strong wind picked up.

"Alright. Now let the first match...begin!" The proctor called. The crowd cheered.

The two stayed in a stare off to begin with. The crowd held their breath waiting for someone to make the first move.

Neji took a small step forward but Naruto didn't even blink. Finally Naruto threw some kunai. Neji caught one, deflected the other, and used the little hole to catch the last.

Naruto then charged forward. He threw punches at Neji but Neji merely moved his fist away and Naruto crouched to the ground before sending a kick up while kicking off the ground and jumping away. However Neji easily evaded his kick.

Naruto landed and launched and hit him. However Neji easily evaded his hits with a cocky smirk on his face. Neji blocked all of Naruto hits. As Naruto went for another hit, Neji caught his fist and smacked his chest. Blocking the pathway to his chakra.

Neji went for another. Neji hit another chakra point on Naruto shoulder.

Naruto rolled away, panting slightly. Neji missed Naruto chakra point.

"Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me," Neji stated cockily. Naruto smirked and chuckled. "Get real, I was just checking you out, that's all." Naruto said.

"Okay, now that we're warmed up, we can get started," Naruto then made the hand sign for his signature technique.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto then created four, perfect, shadow clones of himself with equal amounts of chakra.

All the Naruto's brought out a kunai. The four clones rushed at Neji, but he merely used two of them to push himself up in the air and land back down. Two Naruto's rushed from both sides to stab him with a kunai. But Neji easily moved their hands and bodies away with just a light push.

A Naruto went to kick Neji under his chin and Neji jumped up like he got hit. But he didn't. Neji landed on his feet. As two Naruto's closed in from opposite directions, he jumped up and spun. He kicked one on top of the head and brought him down while he kicked another one under his chin, sending him up. Making one disappear.

Two other Naruto's ran from behind but Neji easily pushed them forward before delivering a strike to their back, instantly destroying them.

He then walked over to the last clone who was on the ground. He picked him up and placed his hand on his chest, making him disappear, leaving only Naruto left.

"You thought you could be Hokage? It's absurd. Never," Neji said

"These eyes of mine show me many things. One thing they've shown me; people's limitations are set, fixed, and unchangeable. Only a fool wastes his time trying to become something he can never be," Neji continued

"A fool huh? Not this crap again. Who are you to judge who a person can or can't be?" Naruto questioned angrily. "Do you think anyone can be Hokage? That all it takes is a little hard work?"  Neji said.

"Open your eyes. Of all the shinobi in all the world, think how you'll over be Hokage. They were born, destined, to be Hokage. It's not something you become by merely trying to become it. They were chosen by destiny,: Neji said

"Yeah? So what?! You can think that way if you want," Naruto said as he put his fist outwards, a determined look on his face. "People always tell me I just don't know when to give up! Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

Lots of Naruto appeared.