Part 196

"I can't even begin to imagine what he went through emotionally. Itachi was forced to make a terrible choice. The impossible choice of killing one's own brethren. But a civil war started by the likes of the Uchiha would shake the very foundations of Hidden Leaf Village and the Land of Fire. Other nations would waste no time in seizing the opportunity to attack. It could even trigger a Fourth Great Ninja War... The Uchiha clan's self-interest would involve innocent people who had nothing to do with the ninja world. And countless people would die once again. If you were Itachi, what would you have done? So Itachi made up his mind. He himself would bring the curtain down on his clan. He did not hate the Uchiha nor did he betray them. It was inevitable. The discrimination by the village... and the object of their antagonism... He shouldered the blame all by himself. No one can ever question Itachi's decision and the sacrifice he made. To be truthful, back then, even I anticipated war. I was bitter towards Senju's Hidden Leaf Village as well as the Uchiha. But Itachi was even aware of that. He alone was aware of my existence. Itachi sought to contact me and made certain conditions. In exchange for guiding me in my vendetta against the Uchiha, I was not to lay a hand on the village. He would help me kill our brethren... But the Third Hokage tried a different hand. He tried to approach the Uchiha for a compromise. But time ran out, and his efforts failed. Leading to that night. It was a mission. To be the sole perpetrator of his clan's slaughter and become a Rogue Ninja with his reputation in tatters. All of that was his mission. And Itachi completely fulfilled his duty... With one exception... He could not bring himself... to kill his younger brother and sister. Yes, y/n he saw you as a sister," Tobi said as Sasuke froze as turns started to come out my eyes.

"By making revenge both your goal, he hoped to make you guys strong. The Uchiha is a proud clan of the Hidden Leaf. He wanted you to keep believing that. He beseeched the Hokage that you never learn the truth. From that moment he left the village he was resolved to fighting both of you and dying. So that he could instill in you a new power. That is Itachi's truth," Tobi said

"Noooo, you're lying," I shouted with tears going down my face,

"Y/n," Sasuke whispered

"They must be lies, right Sasuke," I said

"Yeah, thats nonsense he almost killed us several times!" Sasuke yelled

"If Itachi wished it, he would have. Without a doubt," Tobi said

"He even used the Mangekyo Sharingan to try to kill us!" Sasuke said

"Thas why you guys battle was part of his plan. Itachi needed to pressure both of you in that fight. The reason for that... Well, you both probably realized it too, haven't you? He freed both of you of the curse mark. And the death of someone closest to you both. It was a battle to awaken your Mangekyo. It was a battle that Itachi planned entirely for both your sake. He pretended to be after Sasuke eyes and take Y/n to be his wife until the very end. It's starting to sink in, I see..." Tobi said as I put my head down.

"You are lying, the one who made the Nine-Tails attack the village was you, Madara! Itachi said so," Sasuke said as we start to remember what Itachi told us.

"You framed the Uchiha! And you teamed up with Itachi to toy with the clan!" Sasuke yelled I didn't trust my voice as tears were still coming out my eyes.