5 ⸸

"What did you see, Bogeom?" The question his doctor made him wasn't answered due to a person interrupting them.

It was nurse Yoona.

"Sir, you dropped this..." Namjoon thanked her while she handed him over one of his papers. He must have dropped it without realizing.

Before she left, Namjoon saw the patient's mood had drastically changed.

His eyes were widened, dark circles forming around them. His body was sweating and shaking uncontrollably, and he kept on flinching.

"Are you alright? You seem a little bit spaced out. Do you know nurse Yoona?" Namjoon's voice snapped the man back into reality.

"Yes." The man got up, without saying another word, and left.

"Wait, where are you going? Don't leave. Wait!" Namjoon was left talking alone when the man ran out of the room.

"That was weird." He paced around the hospital until he got back to his office.

~flashback~

"Sir, you dropped this..." Namjoon remembered that before the nurse exited the room, she gave his patient a death stare.

~~~

While rearranging his papers, he noticed that the numbers "602" were scribbled over by a pen. They were still noticeable to him because he was good at unmasking numbers.

"Maybe she- No. No, Namjoon. That's a stupid thought." The man just grabbed his papers and left them inside of a place no one would find them, just in case. He was slowly becoming more cautious with his personal belongings around the hospital, as well as his important documents.

"Bohwa!" He called out the man's name after seeing him standing around the hallway.

Bohwa jumped up. "You startled me, haha!! How's it going?" He asked, giving Namjoon a handshake.

"Pretty good. What about you?"

"Good. Let's head to the cafeteria together later on, okay?" The man agreed, but disagreed a few seconds later.

"I can't. I actually left my lunch in the car, so I'll go pick it up later." He walked away, making sure the man didn't follow behind him this time.

~~~

"Just take two pills: One in the morning, and one at night. And you should be all better by Sunday." Namjoon wrote down a prescription for his patient and pat its shoulder for reassurance.

He loved his job. He loved curing people and bringing hope back into their lives.

Which is why nothing could stand in his way or make him quit.

"Dr. Kim, it's lunch time. Are you coming along with us to the cafeteria?" A surgeon asked him. Now that almost everyone knew who Dr. Kim was, they all got along with him.

He politely declined, claiming he was going to have lunch in his car. That way he could get some pressure off of him, the rush of people running around to eat in the cafeteria wasn't good for his digestion, so he would rather eat in peace, alone in his car.

As he entered the elevator, he sighed loudly.

"Finally, some peace and quiet." The huge bang and squealing noises got worse, right after Namjoon spoke.

"Except for when I enter this elevator..." He pushed his body in the back of the cold, metal elevator and relaxed, but retreated from it, feeling sticky substance was getting stuck to his lab coat.