90 ⸸

The vampire turned around, only to find the man in the same state as he left him in: Lifeless. Seokjin was confused. Maybe he was just hearing voices in his head, he thought.

There was no way that the man was still alive. He was gone.

"He's dead, Seokjin." But it was worth one last try, so Seokjin moved Namjoon's body ever so slightly. He held onto Namjoon's cold hand. And Namjoon held it back, squeezing it.

"Seokjin.." The vampire's heart raced, hearing Namjoon's voice, but he still felt that it was all just an illusion. Perhaps his mind was playing tricks on him. A very cruel, cold-blooded trick to make him think that Namjoon was calling out his name.

He leaned in closer to Namjoon's chest and held his wrist. Two signals of life reached his body: His pulse was still working, and his heart... His heart was beating.

He was alive. Seokjin couldn't handle so much, he placed Namjoon down and moved back, hugging his knees.

"Stop playing with my heart. Please... Joowon, please s-stop hurting me this way!" He blamed Joowon thinking that he was the one to blame.

Namjoon's body started to function again.

The doctor could feel his muscles gaining strength, his heart was now beating regularly, and he could move. His abilities were all functional.

He looked for a way to get up, but his head wouldn't stop spinning, giving him a slight discomfort in his vision. Yet through his distorted vision, he could see Seokjin. He could hear him crying like he's never cried before.

This worried him, giving him motivation to push through his vertigo and adjust his head towards the crying vampire to get to his side.

"Seokjin." When Seokjin lifted his head up, Namjoon saw how broken he was.

"...Come here, sweetheart.." Seokjin sobbed, unable to breathe any longer. His heart was flooding within his chest, crushing him. He felt a heavy pain within his chest as he approached Namjoon, thinking that he was somebody else.

He was in disbelief that the man was actually alive.

"I refuse- I..." Namjoon's voice was shaking, stuttering as he grabbed the injection Seokjin was going to use to kill himself.

"I refuse to leave... My patient... Unattended." He grabbed Seokjin tightly, dragging him down to hug him. Seokjin held onto Namjoon as if tomorrow wasn't promised for them.

He felt sorrow. So much sorrow and sadness. Namjoon's presence comforted him, but pained him at the same time.

When the doctor noticed how red Seokjin's eyes were from crying, he tried his best to wipe his tears away when he felt a very sharp pain in his chest, sparking something inside of his heart. The same emotions Seokjin felt.

He took a deep breath in, acting strong for the vampire. Seokjin noticed how incredibly tight Namjoon held onto him, his body was shaking rapidly.

"Namjoon, what's wrong?" He worried about the man.

"Nothing." Namjoon kept holding onto Seokjin, not exposing either of their faces to each other, as he kept stroking the vampire's hair.

"You're shaking, please don't tell me nothing is wrong." Seokjin heard a sob escape Namjoon's mouth. The man bit his lip down to hold back on making any noises, but he couldn't hold back any longer.

"Namjoon, can you hear me?"

"Yes, Seokjin. I can hear you.." Namjoon pulled away from the hug, only for his lips to be met with Seokjin's. It seems like they both knew what they needed.

Each other.

After their kiss, everything started disappearing. The surroundings around them were disappearing, but they refused to lose each other again, so Namjoon and Seokjin held onto their bodies as tight as they could.

"My love: If tomorrow is not promised and now shall disappear, then don't worry, just hold onto my voice as we watch the world vanish right before us. I love you, Namjoon."

The last thing Seokjin remembered was Namjoon protecting his body against any flying pieces of furniture, as the house started to fall apart. He stared into Namjoon's eyes, no longer worrying if he lived or died, because by the end of this all, Namjoon was still by his side.

~~~