79 ⸸

The men all head outside.

Seokjin was next to Namjoon until Joowon cut in between them.

"Seokjin, sit here. Yoongi can ride in the backseat with Joon since they are best friends, of course." The guy cheekily smirked, feeling devious. Seokjin didn't even move from Namjoon's side. He couldn't.

Namjoon was different now, he couldn't just leave the man alone for a three hour drive. He knew exactly where Joowon was taking them, it was the same place that he took him the last time and it was a very long drive.

"No." His attitude was getting Joowon tired.

"Namjoon, just sit." Yoongi made Namjoon sit by him. Namjoon agreed, but held onto Seokjin's hand.

"I don't think so-" Joowon separated them from each other. They all remained silent, even though their minds were slightly connecting: Seokjin could hear Namjoon's thoughts, and so can Namjoon. And from the way Namjoon was thinking, the vampire could tell that he didn't like the idea of him sitting next to Joowon.

Halfway through the ride, Joowon opened his mouth to speak.

"You see, by having Seokjin right next to me, he has a higher chance of surviving in a car accident... If we ever have one. Hopefully we never will. Namjoon, I'm doing you a favor by keeping your precious vampire from getting hurt. Aren't I the best brother ever?" He held Seokjin's hand for a moment, right after talking.

Namjoon slapped Joowon's hand, not too roughly, but not too soft either.

"The passenger seat is the most dangerous place to sit in the car, especially if the driver next to you is a complete idiot who doesn't have both hands on the steering wheel. Now if you really wish to keep your promise to me, then keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the rode." He slithered his way into Joowon's ear.

"And if you continue misbehaving yourself in front of him, I swear I'll move from my house and place a restraining order on you stating that you can't get near Seokjin or me, or else the cops will send you to jail. Understand me?" Joowon nodded, nervously. Namjoon didn't intimidate him, he knew he was just getting jealous again which is exactly what he wanted. He envied his brother: The perfect doctor everybody was proud of. And him? Just a boring business man. Little did his parents and Namjoon know that Joowon was actually a scientist. He's been studying Seokjin's behavior not only since the first day he met him at the family gathering, but way before then.

Joowon wasn't just any regular scientist, he worked for an old enemy of Namjoon's who goes by the name of-

"Lee Bohwa... He knows Lee Bohwa?" Seokjin thought, looking down at the man's vibrating phone. It rang during his short discussion with Namjoon, so apparently the man didn't notice the call.

"He knew this whole time. He's a liar, he most likely knew that I was a vampire because of Bohwa. How am I going to tell Namjoon without putting him in danger?" Seokjin gasped out loud, caught up in his thoughts.