7 ⸸

"Namjoon, that's not such a wise thing to ask. People rarely come here at night. The only ones that stay here are the patients that stay overnight or practically live in their hospital rooms." Namjoon didn't heed the warnings his boss was telling him.

"Sir, you don't have to pay me overtime. I just want to work a night shift because I have a lot of things to do during the day. Aside from a doctor, I have to take care of my sick mother as well. She's actually the reason I studied to become a doctor." Namjoon lied straight to the man's face, crossing his fingers that he would take the bait.

"I understand. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Namjoon. Please, sign here to switch your shift, then." The man handed him over a paper and a pen, which Namjoon thought was very sketchy. The words were barely noticeable, and since he wears reading glasses,
he had a hard time seeing such tiny letters without them, because he didn't bring them with him.

His vision was blurring just by staring at the paper, but he grabbed the pen anyways.

"That's just to change your shift. I just need you to sign this tiny paper three times and I promise you, your paycheck will double. You'll be earning a little extra cash for working late at night." The offer was too good for Namjoon to decline.

He filled up the blank spaces in no time with his signature and handed it over to the man.

"Welcome to the night shift, Dr. Kim." He smirked, folding the paper with his signatures on it.

Namjoon thanked the man and left his office.

He walked over to his office and started to fix it up again. Someone knocked on his door just as he was about to leave.

"How is my main doctor doing, uh- Rearranging your things, I see." Bohwa peeked at his things as Namjoon shut the door behind him, ending the other's curiosity.

"As a matter of fact, I was just cleaning everything up to get ready to leave."

"Leave? Why?" Bohwa's eyes widened, a hint of sadness showing,

"I switched my daytime job to a night shift." He smiled.

"Night shift? Why would you do that!" Namjoon's smile vanished at Bohwa's tone of voice. He's never seen the man so frustrated. His attitude reminded him of Yoongi when he raised his voice at him in the nightmare he had last night.

"I... Was just asking because, you know, a night shift won't pay you as much as a daytime job does. Just saying. Trust me, I know. Our boss is a cheapskate." He whispered, playing it off. Namjoon caught up with the man's lie and decided to keep the lie going by adding his own.

"I don't mind the pay. All I want is free time during the day to do a few things, and what better than to switch my job to a night shift, right?" Namjoon kept his talk short and ignored Bohwa as much as possible. He wasn't as close as he thought he was with him.

Aside from not being close with him as he used to be, another reason as to why Namjoon
was avoiding the man, was to prevent him from interrogating him with questions any further.

"Alright, goodbye then!" Bohwa left.

Namjoon secretly followed him, just to see where he was headed with such a hurry.

He stopped and hid behind a wall as he spoke to a nurse.

"That man is screwed." He overheard the nurse.

"Tell me about it. Our boss never gives anyone night shifts anymore, not to mention new people who barely work here for two days. He's a goner."

"What's so bad about a night shift? And why did she say 'anymore'? I knew it! They are hiding something..." Namjoon thought, trying to keep himself undetected as much as possible.