72 ⸸

"Seokjin died?

Seokjin... Died?

Seokjin can't be dead." Namjoon left the emergency room and got inside of his car. He sat down on something soft.

The sweater he had gotten for Seokjin.

~flashback~

"I wonder if Seokjin wore anything else besides that thin sweater."

~~~

The doctor held it up to his face and inhaled its scent. It smelled like Seokjin. The cologne he wore the night they arrived from that family gathering at his parent's house.

All of these memories were filling up in Namjoon's head, that he just couldn't process everything. He needed to go back to the hospital, but he just couldn't.

His legs were becoming weak.

He began to drive away.

Mixed emotions roamed Namjoon's head as he drove into the highway, full speed.

"Seokjin can't be dead." Sadness.

"This is all my fault..." Guilt.

"No. It's not my fault. It's Joowon's fault. He did this to him." Blame.

With all of these things on the young man's head, his mind was becoming distorted. He couldn't see that well and if he did see, all he noticed were visions and things that just weren't on the road.

A little boy appeared in the middle of the street, trying to get his ball back. Namjoon was driving too fast to see the small child.

He swerved around the highway and off of the road, landing into an unfamiliar route with lots of tall trees and wild animals.

His car didn't stop there. Namjoon was too busy figuring out where he was and how he could get out of the strange forest before night dawned on him, when he noticed a very tall shadow walk right by him, crumbling the leaves that were on the ground.

Namjoon got out of his car and called out the only name that had been on his mind this whole time, and that possibly caused him to crash his car in the first place: Kim Seokjin.

"Seokjin?" The strange silhouette responded to the sound of that name.

And there he was.

The vampire's thin frame appeared right before Namjoon's eyes, looking straight at him.

Namjoon wiped his eyes to make sure that he wasn't just seeing things, but surely enough, it was true. Seokjin was standing right in front of him.

"Seokjin." He took off to head towards the man he once loved and thought he lost, when the man stopped him.

"I'm sorry sir, do we know each other?" Namjoon was in for a shock.

"Of course we know each other, I'm your... Doctor. Remember? Dr. Kim? It's me. Seokjin, I'm so glad that you're alive." The doctor tried getting nearer Seokjin, but the man kept walking back.

"I don't know who you are. I've never met you before in my life." He continued to avoid the doctor. This was driving Namjoon insane.

"Seokjin, I'm sorry. All of this is my fault. If I would have just taken that phone away from you, then you would have still been here and I know I can fix things! Just give me one last
chance!" He shouted from how desperate he was to just hold the man in his arms, but he kept on walking away from him, making matters worse.