57 ⸸

Namjoon's POV:

"Guys! Guys, I'm still me."

"Ah. We don't believe you, the real Namjoon would be drinking THIS." One of my closest cousin's, who is almost like a sister to me, brought out a bottle of my favorite wine.

"I stopped drinking it because at one point, I got so drunk that I texted Yoongi for help because I thought someone had broken into my apartment." The few people around me gasped as I had gotten their attention.

"So then he texts back "Look behind you.", I turn around and saw him standing next to me with a phone on his hand. He goes "A burglar didn't break into your apartment, it was me." and when he starts laughing, I go "Yoongi? Why are you trying to rob me?" I still thought I was going to get robbed by my own best friend!" Laughter filled the house and I became the gossip of the night, when everyone kept on telling each other stories about me.

I take the glass of wine my cousin had originally given me and grab an extra one for Seokjin. When I make my way back to the large living room, I find him talking with my brother. He already seemed to get along with him because he wasn't worried about showing his fangs while laughing.

"Are you hungry?" I stood hidden around the crowd for a while to remain unnoticed, just to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I can bring you something If you'd like." Seokjin kept on shaking his head. He looks very uncomfortable, I'll go sit by his side.

"Sorry I took so long." I noticed how disappointed my brother looked at me.

"Was I interrupting something?" He just shook his head.

"Not at all. I was just talking to this very kind man. He's such a well mannered guy, Joon. I
find him very appealing." Did he just wink at Seokjin?

"You find me appealing? How sweet." Did Seokjin wink back?... At least I know he's having a fun time.

"I know. He's an absolute charmer." I excuse myself while getting up. Seokjin got up as well.

We make our way towards the kitchen and pick something to eat.

"Everything smells delicious."

"It does." Seokjin turned his head to face me.

He softly spoke, holding his plate.

I kept walking around the kitchen which had plenty of food to choose from. As I finished filling up my plate with a regular amount of healthy foods, and some not so healthy foods, Seokjin had disappeared.

"Where could he be now?"

Every spot in the house was crowded: The living room, dining room, kitchen. What room wasn't crowded? This made me feel anxious. Not because I'm claustrophobic, but because there are too many places in this house, Seokjin could easily get lost... And I don't trust him on his own yet. I have to find him.

~~~

"Dr. Kim." I spun around hearing his voice. Seokjin was holding a plate of food which consisted of a medium rare steak and a small amount of rice. Along with a glass of wine.

His meal was similar to mine, only I had salad as well.

"Let's sit here." Seokjin nodded at me. We placed our plates and drinks down to pull the chairs out to sit. I sit down and notice someone was helping Seokjin sit by pulling his chair.

"Thank you." The man who pulled the chair out for Seokjin also sat down in between us, separating me from him.

"Enjoy your meal, handsome." That voice was too familiar for me to not recognize it.

"Joowon."