83 ⸸

Seokjin saw something in the doctor's eyes. Something bright, and shiny. His eyes were glistening with a different color. He gently removed the glasses from the man and saw they immediately turned red.

"So, you aren't human after all?" The vampire asked. Namjoon placed his hands over the vampire's face.

"I'm a hybrid. I stayed half human and half vampire, so I guess I'm a living tombstone." The man joked. Seokjin laughed, but his voice sounded broken.

There were cracks in between, inaudible sobs, and happiness all infused within his voice.

Within his heart and soul.

"From the first time I saw you up until now, you've always been a mystery to me. Do you know why?" Seokjin stayed quiet, just shaking his head slowly.

"Because of your ways. You were always so quiet, so motionless, I couldn't tell if you were angry, sad, or serious. Now that I've discovered most of your emotions, there's still one missing."

"And what emotion may that be?" Seokjin looked up at Namjoon, his eyes shining at the man the entire time.

The man opened his suit and took out a small, black box. Seokjin stared at him with confusion.

When Namjoon bend down on one knee, he opened the box, revealing a ring. Not just any regular ring, this ring wasn't made up of silver rhinestones, or diamonds. This ring was completely black with a single red gemstone that was very illuminating to the vampire's eyes. It was absolutely beautiful and unique. It was perfect for him.

"Will you marry me, Mr. Kim?" The vampire kissed Namjoon's forehead.

"I would be honored to spend the rest of my eternal life with you, Dr. Kim. Of course I will marry you." The man slid the ring on Seokjin's ring finger, then pulled him in for a loving kiss.

Their fangs were causing each other's lips to drip blood, yet they enjoyed the pain, for the kiss wasn't hurting the vampires, but strengthening them. Seokjin felt as though he never wanted to unlock his lips from Namjoon, or leave his side even for one second.

He feared that if he would turn around, that the man would disappear. He still thought that Namjoon was just a vision in his head, but later that night, Namjoon did something to prove to Seokjin that he really was there and that he wasn't just a vision or a dream.

In that very forest, the man lead Seokjin to a darker place. The place was filled with small
red lights that illuminated their pathway the entire time. Despite the eerie feeling, the spine chilling wind that blew softly across their skin, and the weeping willow trees that were covering their view sometimes, Seokjin didn't find anything scary and neither did Namjoon.

They found the forest rather peaceful. The experience Seokjin lived with Namjoon when he watched him nearly die in his arms left the vampire traumatized, even though Namjoon was still with him physically, and not just mentally in his memories. Seokjin refused to leave his side and the dark entity didn't mind it one bit.

He held Seokjin's hand, the hand which he put the wedding ring on, as they entered an almost magical part of the forest.

Seokjin saw so many stars, breathed fresh air, and saw how beautiful the forest really was now that he had his lover with him. Namjoon parted the vampire's hair out of his eyes, the vampire placed his hands on the other's chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"We're not dead, my love." Namjoon said, watching how amazed Seokjin was by feeling his heart beating. "We're simply living on the other side." They walked further until they ended up inside of a strange yet familiar looking house. Seokjin's house.