101 ⸸

Namjoon's POV:

I sat down after pacing around the hospital for a few minutes. I only went to get a cup of water from the water dispenser, I didn't want to take too long just in case they call my name to give me any update on Seokjin and my brother's current status.

They should be out in a few more minutes, but the time I've been sitting out here in this waiting room has been endless to me. Each minute that goes by, I wonder what could be happening.

"Namjoon?" A doctor called out my name. I responded to him by standing up as he approached me, closer and closer. He looked at me with a somewhat concerned facial expression, narrowing his eyebrows. This definitely didn't help with my own worry.

"Your brother is waking up. He's recovering very well. As for his wounds: The internal bleeding was able to be stopped on time, we stitched him up, and now we need to wait to see how he handles walking tomorrow. But for now, he's going to have to spend the night here... As for your friend." Hearing the information on how Joowon was, it made me feel less stressed and very thankful.

I know my parents will be happy as well. "Seokjin didn't handle the surgery as well as your brother did. As a result, he fainted due to the blood he lost, donating it to Joowon."

"I knew he wasn't strong enough to handle a blood transfusion... Shit. I shouldn't have let him do the transfusion." While I was lost in my thoughts, the doctor snapped me out of my trance.

"He will need a higher dose of iron in his body. Instead of taking two pills, he'll need to take three. Nothing will happen to him if he takes three pills. However, if he doesn't take them, then he will get worse." I nodded, taking in what he had just said.

"If his condition does worsen, then he could be at a high risk of developing left ventricular hypertrophy, more known as LVH. He could potentially need a hospitalization
or in worst cases, it could lead to his death." I froze. Knowing that Seokjin could actually die and never come back to life again, and that I would lose him forever just sent chills down my spine and made me think harder on how to help him out immediately.

"May I see him, please?" The doctor allowed me to see Seokjin whenever he would wake up and feel better, but unfortunately I wasn't that patient.

I only waited for the doctor to leave, just so that I could figure out how to make my way into Seokjin's room. Before leaving, the doctor told me which room number Seokjin was in, so it made it easier for me to find him.

I felt weird, almost like an intruder while sneaking into the double doors and remaining unseen by any of the workers. But for Seokjin, I'll do anything. Even the impossible.

I opened the door to the room that he was located in and frowned as soon as I saw him.

The man was breathing steadily, almost barely because of a breathing tube he had inside of his mouth. He seemed to be having trouble to swallow with it, and as tempted as I was to just take that piece of plastic out of him, I knew that I couldn't do that. If I did, then he
could run out of air, or I could injure him by pulling it out on my own.

However, as I walked over towards him and asked him how he felt, Seokjin just did hand signs and pointed at his throat. I knew that he felt uncomfortable with that inside of him,
and gave in. I washed my hands, took a pair of gloves out of a box that was next to the sink, and tried to prepare myself and Seokjin, both physically and mentally, to remove the tube out of him.