29 ⸸

The doctor was horrified by the look on the patient's face as blood was dripping down his chin and neck, his eyes were dilated, and he looked like he had seen a ghost.

This made the doctor immediately think that someone had injured him again, and he had enough.

"That's it. You're coming home with me even if I have to fight my way out of here with you." He grabbed a handkerchief he had inside of his suitcase and wiped the blood that was on the man's face.

The man was paralyzed. He didn't move or say anything, he just kept breathing strangely.

Namjoon suspected it was an anxiety attack, or that he was in pain from the possible injuries he had due to the amount of blood dripping down his neck, down to his hands.

He looked down and saw that the pint of blood was empty. Namjoon felt confused and wanted to ask questions, but the adrenaline rush he felt going through his body wasn't letting him. Before he knew it, the doctor was helping one of the most dangerous patients in the hospital escape the hell he was in.

"Stop... Don't do this. It's a mistake." Seokjin stood out of his room for the first time in years, feeling odd and unsafe.

The doctor smiled, showing little concern. "The only mistake I've made is leaving you in here for so long. It's a mistake everyone made. You're a human being, not a monster-"

"You don't know me! You don't know that, Dr. Kim..." The man settled down, taking everything in.

"You're right, I don't know you. I don't know who you are, but I know that you don't belong here." He held Seokjin's shoulders like he does to any of his regular patients, just to comfort him.

"You're my patient. Let me heal you by taking you out of this pain and misery you live in. Can you trust me?" The man was hesitant at first.

So hesitant, Namjoon was sure he would lock himself in that dark room again and refuse his help, maybe even hate him.

They heard an echo coming from outside. Namjoon quietly pressed his ear against the door, the man did the same.

"You should have seen the look on his face! He looked so beaten up, I didn't know rather to laugh or congratulate him for getting that ass wooping. I can't wait for him to see XJ10, that thing will kill him for sure." A shiver went down Namjoon's spine.

Seokjin closed his eyes.

The door of the lab slammed shut, signalling that everyone left. It was very late at night so Namjoon knew he had to leave soon, but he didn't plan on leaving without Seokjin.

"Dr. Kim, go home. You heard them already. If you encounter one of those things, they'll kill you. Just leave while you still can..." The man retreated back to his room, but Namjoon refused to let him go.

"Patient Kim, you're coming home with me!"