40 ⸸

-The next day-

Namjoon thought that everything had been a bad dream, and that things were fine in between him and Seokjin, but they weren't. He woke up to an odd noise coming from the bathroom.

"Seokjin, are you alright?"

The man wasn't responding to his voice, making the doctor worry.

Namjoon got up to go find out what the noise was. He found Seokjin hunched over the toilet seat.

His hair was blocking his eyes from seeing properly, he was panting roughly, and he was acting aggressive towards him. Namjoon thought the man was just angry, but later on learned that what he actually felt was hunger.

And food wasn't what his body desired.

"Stay here, I'll be back soon." Seokjin reacted worse by hearing that the doctor was leaving him.

"Don't go. I need you." He was trying to act as if nothing was bothering him, but Namjoon knew what he needed. Blood.

"I'm going to help you, but you need to stay here." Seokjin just wasn't listening and misunderstood the doctor.

"You are... Embarrassed by me?"

"Don't say that, please. I would never think so little of you." Namjoon tried his best to help the man and himself remain calm, but both of them knew what could happen if another day passes by without the man feasting on the one thing he can eat, his situation could put both of them in danger.

Specifically Namjoon.

Before things escalated, Namjoon took the man with him.

"I'll take you with me, but promise me you'll stay in this car until I come back." With a reassuring nod from the man, Namjoon started the engine then drove to a clinic nearby him.

Seokjin stayed in the car, trying to avoid being seen by anyone.

It was a very long wait and his hands were starting to shake as the hunger was kicking in his body.

"How could a man be so kind. How could I be so blind? I don't deserve him. No one does. Namjoon is a very patient man. Ah, there he is. What's that in his hand?" Seokjin saw the man had a bandaid on his arm, and was carrying a white bag.

"This is the craziest thing I've ever told anyone, but I know this will help you feel better. So, here goes nothing, try it." The doctor took out a pint of blood from the white bag while driving out of the clinic, fearing someone might see them.

"Am I drinking your blood?" The man asked while tasting the blood.

Namjoon nods in response. "How is it?"

"It's sweet. Very sweet. Just like you, Dr. Kim." Although Namjoon thought this idea was weird, even crazy, it was worth doing it in the end because he saw Seokjin's mood lighten up and how relaxed the man was getting.

Maybe a little bit too relaxed.

The car moved slow, the sun came up fast, and their eyes were met when they tried to block themselves from the sunlight.

Namjoon knew how sensitive Seokjin was to seeing the sun and drove into a different direction where more trees were.

The place looked like a forest. A beautiful forest filled with weeping willow trees, pine trees, a lot of leaves, rocks, and other various things that caught Seokjin's eye.

"It's beautiful here." Namjoon slightly jumped by hearing his voice, the man hadn't spoken ever since he drank his blood.

"I guess it is. Do you feel better?" Waiting for a reply, Namjoon was too busy paying attention to the road to look at the man. But when he did, Seokjin had his head pressed against the window.

The man seemed enchanted by nature.

"You enjoy nature, don't you?" Namjoon rolled down the windows to let the cool air physically hit them.

"I love nature." The man replied, breathing in the fresh air; something he hadn't done in a very long time.

Namjoon turned on the radio and one of his favorite songs came on. He didn't know if the man had sensitive ears, so he held back on turning the volume up. However, the man seemed to enjoy the song as well, and he recognized it too.

The two men began to sing along throughout the whole ride, having a very calm drive back home.

Namjoon wasn't going to lie, the man looked so handsome when the sunlight radiated throughout his body. He knew that the man was very sensitive to the sun, however, so that's why he took the shortcut into the woods to make it back home quicker and have a better conversation with him along the way.

Seokjin got down from the car, and began to have flashbacks of last night...

"You must get bored here all the time. I mean, just look at you! You need to get out more, meet someone, just do something fun in your life, Joon." He remembered when Yoongi was talking Namjoon into going out with him to an unknown club to meet new people.

"Namjoon, come on. You're always so hard working. You deserve to have at least one drink. I won't take no for an answer, now let's go." When Yoongi held Namjoon's hand and dragged him out of the apartment.

The anger he felt.

"He took him from me. Why would he do this to me? Was I a joke to him!"

The way his fists collided with the wall, making a loud noise.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Just tell me!"

The questions.

"Forgive me, my love."

The guilt.

Everything was coming back to him now.

Namjoon was next to him jiggling his keys to unlock the apartment door. He went in first, placing his shoes outside as always.

Seokjin stayed behind him.

"Why are you standing over there?" Namjoon had no idea of what the man was feeling. In fact, with all of the action he experienced this morning trying to feed Seokjin, he had completely forgotten about the fight they had last night.

Seokjin became silent, and remained silent. The only thing he did was enter the apartment quietly, from there on he was too ashamed to say anything else when the heavy feeling in his chest hit him like last night.

Namjoon was sitting down on the couch in the living room with him, and noticed the silence.

"You haven't said a thing since we got back from the clinic." He looked at the man beside him, who just stared back at him.

"At least ask me something. Just one thing." Hearing that from Namjoon, Seokjin turned around.

"Anything?" Namjoon nodded.

"Was I your second choice... And was Yoongi always your first love?" The vampire whispered, unable to make his voice audible.