58 ⸸

Namjoon didn't mind that his brother was sitting next to him and Seokjin, eating. What he did mind was the way Joowon kept staring at Seokjin, nonstop. The man was enchanting, Namjoon was very well aware of that, but he wanted to be next to Seokjin for this special event, not have somebody else cut in between them.

Each time he tried to sneak a peek at him, his brother would be blocking Seokjin's view.

"Seokjin, are-" Namjoon was in the middle of asking Seokjin an important question, seeing the man look so odd, but didn't get to complete his sentence.

"This food is amazing, mom." His brother was beginning to annoy him.

"Thanks, Joowon. What about you two? Are you enjoying the night so far?" Seokjin and Namjoon both nodded at the woman as she also took a seat on the table.

Pretty soon, everybody was seated around the large dining room table. So many people were talking about different topics, but somehow Seokjin and Namjoon were the only ones who were completely spaced out. The vampire finished his meal, as did Namjoon.

"Leave your plates," Joowon prevented them from walking to the kitchen. "The maids will take care of it." As if magic, two ladies appeared in front of Seokjin and Namjoon, removing the plates out of their way. They thanked them. The maids retreated back to the kitchen. Namjoon still felt an uneasy feeling, not being able to see Seokjin.

Maybe he was being a little bit paranoid about it and maybe he just had to relax and let Seokjin be, he thought.

"How are you doing?" Another person sat down next to Seokjin and began talking to him.

"Doing well." The man lowered his head to greet the person, then ignored them. He doesn't normally start conversations, and he's not that good at keeping one stable. Not now that he felt kind of weak.

The event ended, but the night wasn't over. Namjoon was saying goodbye to his family members. There were so many that it took him quite a while to leave. On his way out, he found Seokjin talking to Joowon.

"Care to accompany me there?" Namjoon ran towards them, interrupting their conversation just like before.

"I appreciate the offer sir, but I'm really not interested in clubbing." Seokjin held Namjoon's arm, the doctor knew that he felt awkward.

"It'll be fun though. You can relax on the lounge couches, listen to peaceful music. What do you say?" He insisted.

"He already told you no." Namjoon spoke for the man.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking Seokjin, so let him decide." Joowon gave Namjoon a death stare.

"But I thought clubbing was for drinking alcoholic beverages and dancing to obnoxiously loud music..." Seokjin spoke up.

"He's right, let's go home." Namjoon turned around to leave, then turned back when he noticed Joowon had taken Seokjin.

"He's coming to the club with me. He even agreed on going, right handsome?" Joowon smirked. Seokjin nodded.

"I want to see what it looks like." Namjoon held him by the wrist before letting him step foot into Joowon's car.

"Fine, we'll go. But I'm taking him in my car." Joowon disagreed with him.

"You are allowed to ride along with us, but you aren't allowed to take him with you." The tension between the two brothers became heavy, however to avoid any fights, they came to an agreement that Namjoon would drive to the club. Joowon placed his keys in his pockets, then got on the front seat.

"Seokjin was sitting here before." Namjoon pointed at the vampire who was already taking a seat in the back of the car. He didn't mind: The back of Namjoon's car is very spacious.

"Good, that way I could smell the cologne he has on him the entire ride." Joowon smiled innocently, sitting in the front seat. Namjoon slammed his own door rather rough, not caring about it.

Halfway through the ride there, Joowon refused to stop talking about the man in the back.

"Seokjin, of all people at the party, you were dressed the best."

"You sir, are extremely handsome."

"Seokjin, your cologne is amazing." Namjoon stopped the car on a red light, allowing the vampire to answer all of Joowon's endless questions.

"Thank you for your appreciation towards me, I enjoy being praised. Your scent is very strong as well, sir."

"Your hear that? He called me sir." Joowon said to Namjoon who decided to talk after a long hour of not saying a word to any of them.

"Of course Seokjin was dressed best, anything he wears looks good on him. And he calls me sir all of the time, so don't think you're so special, 'brother'. And stop sniffing around, you look like a dog." Namjoon snapped.

"Is it my fault Seokjin smells so damn good? Hmm?" Joowon's words made Seokjin feel bad.

"I'm sorry if my scent is bothersome to you, Joowon." His voice sounded full of regret, Namjoon sped up in anger.

"Not one bit, my dear! Your scent is delightful!!"

"Don't call him that. Don't shout so loud. You know what? Just keep quiet until we arrive to the club. Understand?" Seokjin said yes, thinking that Namjoon was talking about him.

"Not you, Seokjin. I was talking about Joowon." He deeply sighed, annoyed.

Despite telling the man he wasn't directing his warning towards him, Seokjin didn't make a sound for the rest of the ride.

In fact, no one in the car said a word until they made it to the club. The outside of it was elegant, the music was very loud and not peaceful as Joowon had previously mentioned to Seokjin. The vampire was more intimidated by loud noises, and felt nervous, so he didn't leave Namjoon's side.

Namjoon of course didn't let the man escape him either, he held onto him to keep him out of harm. That was until they walked into the club and Joowon began to get drunk off of heavy beverages, then started to stare at Seokjin with hungry eyes.

"Seokjin, don't move from here. I'm going to use the restroom." Namjoon knew he shouldn't leave the man on his own, but he had been holding back on using the bathroom for a few solid hours and at the gathering he drank an unusual amount of wine.

When he was gone for two minutes, Joowon leaned closer to Seokjin.

"Shall we dance?"