82 ⸸

Seokjin wandered off in the cold, dark night sky with Namjoon on his back. He felt worn out but he knew that if he stopped flying, both he and the dark entity would die by falling to their deaths in the middle of nowhere.

If he stopped at the hospital, he would run the chance of them taking Namjoon away from him. He didn't trust doctors at all. Namjoon was the only doctor he's ever trusted.

The man's wings began to weigh on him, soon his eyes sparkled and got heavier. He was tired but his mind was set on saving Namjoon and nothing could stop him from getting the doctor to safety.

"I'll never forgive myself if you die because of me, Dr. Kim." His voice was low, but he knew that Namjoon couldn't hear him so what was the point? He started to talk normally
to let everything out. He needed to speak what was on his mind or he would go crazy.

"Joowon was right, I'm nothing. I'm absolutely worthless without you. But I would have preferred to be killed by him before you showed up, that way your life wouldn't be in danger in the first place." He saw so many lights in the city as he soared across the sky.

He continued to talk, not caring if his voice was noticeable or not.

"You risked your life for me. I sometimes wish you wouldn't have even met me. Knowing you was the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me. You saved me, showed me what true friendship and love is." The man gripped onto Namjoon tighter to prevent him from falling, but to also embrace him.

"But you also taught me what pain really is. I'm in pain right now because of you. Because I fear losing you." There were no tears left for Seokjin to cry, all that was left in his heart and soul right now was Namjoon.

He needed to think of a way to save him and he was running out of time. Each turn he would make would lead him to a dead end and without any options of where to head to next because he got lost on the way.

In between all of the frustration and confusion, Seokjin found a hospital a few miles away thanks to a sign he was able to read in the highway. His shoulders were getting heavy, meaning he was ready to give out any minute. With the very last bit of energy he had in him, the man rushed towards the entrance of the hospital and saw the terrified looks on everyone's face.

"Save him." He carried Namjoon and placed him on a hospital bed that the paramedics immediately brought out as soon as they saw the two men enter the hospital with blood all over their bodies, especially their face and mouth.

Seokjin collapsed on the floor seconds after they attended to Namjoon. The last thing he remembered was carrying Namjoon in his weakened arms and successfully handing him over to the paramedics.

Despite the immense amount of pain in and out of his body, Seokjin smiled before he fell to the floor, not worried if he would live or die because he knew that Namjoon was going to live on and be safe now.

~~~

Seokjin got up, finding himself within a very dark and beautiful forest. The forest Namjoon once drove through the first time they went out for a drive together. He remembered the place being just as beautiful as he saw it from Namjoon's car window but now it gave the man nothing but sorrow to see it knowing Namjoon would no longer be with him.

He could only be happy for the young doctor to know that he was okay. He envisioned the man living on with the rest of his life completely normal. His body was most likely human again, so he could go back to eating regularly without getting tired or poisoned.

And he could eventually figure out a way to forget about Namjoon in order to live within the dark forest.

But to forget the doctor that made his life happy was a mission impossible for Seokjin. The vampire couldn't get the image of Namjoon out of his head.