55 ⸸

Ever since Seokjin began to eat regular foods, Namjoon noticed how it wasn't affecting him much. It made him feel happy for the man.

"Seokjin, are you feeling okay? It's the third time you've fallen asleep today." Namjoon caressed Seokjin's back while he sat up, nodding.

"I'm alright." Namjoon didn't question anything else, he just thought that the man needed the extra rest.

"It's almost time for dinner. I'll call you when it's ready, okay?" The man got up.

"No need to call me, I'm going to help you." Namjoon agreed. Seokjin held onto him more than usual, his hands never left the doctor's waist.

They sat down to eat.

"Seokjin-" Namjoon's phone rang. The vampire didn't even notice when he called out his name, he was acting very calm. A little bit too quiet, sometimes.

The doctor got up to answer his phone call. It was his mother.

"Of course I remembered, mom. How could I forget?"

"You're always so busy, Namjoon, I'm not sure when you are available and when you aren't. Your father and I would love to have you here on that day." His mother was talking about a special gathering they usually do every certain month of the year.

It's like a family gathering. Namjoon enjoys to bond with his family, so he agreed on going. The only problem is...

"Seokjin. That day it's going to be raining with a chance of power outages." Namjoon carefully thought things through.

"Namjoon, are you still there?" His mother startled him.

"Yes, yes I'm sorry. I was just wondering, my-" He looked over at Seokjin.

"New roommate, who I met at the hospital a while back, has nothing to do on that day and will most likely spend the whole day alone." He readjusted his phone because it was slipping from his ear.

"Oh, well we wouldn't mind having your roommate over. Will you be able to come to the event this time? It's just that you make the gathering feel so uplifting!" Namjoon thought about everything again.

"And with your new roommate it'll feel even more special." Although he was very unsure about everything, Namjoon didn't want to let his parents down, so he accepted to go to the gathering.

His mother hung up. She sounded very happy. Namjoon was hoping he didn't make a decision he would later on regret. He walked back to the dining room table and noticed Seokjin was still eating.

"I was on a phone call with my mother, and I wanted to ask you if you would like to come with me to a family gathering in three days." Seokjin stopped eating and placed his fork down gently, staring up at the doctor.

"Dr. Kim, I'm honored to accompany you to such an important event in your life. But I'm not sure I would look so pleasant to most people there. I don't want my appearance to ruin the night for you and your family as well." Namjoon frowned.

"You wouldn't ruin the night for anyone, Seokjin. Especially not me. I'm the one who's honored to bring such a handsome man like you to an event like that. However, if you still feel uncomfortable with being in such a big crowd of people, then I won't ask you twice. And I won't go either."

"Why not?" Seokjin asked, surprised.

"Because that day it's going to rain and the power could go out, and I'm not leaving you in the darkness alone. If the lights go out in my parent's house, then at least you'll be by my side." The man nods.

"I'll go." He didn't feel too convinced, but he didn't feel obligated to go either.

They spent the rest of their afternoon thinking on what to wear.

Namjoon thought about wearing a normal yet fancy looking black suit. He gave Seokjin the option on buying him new clothes, or having him borrow anything from his closet which contained far too much clothing. The man chose the second option and began to mix and match pants, shirts and shoes together until he found an outfit that was suitable for that special night.

"You frightened me." He spoke as Namjoon made him jump up slightly when he entered the room and secretly stood behind him.

"What do you think of this?" Namjoon looked closely at the outfit.

"I think you're going to look spectacular in that." His compliment reassured Seokjin that he made a good decision on the outfit he chose for the gathering.

It wasn't too far from what the younger man was going to be wearing, but it certainly was different and very fancy.

Seokjin felt butterflies accumulate in his stomach as the thought of meeting new people made him feel terrified and happy at the same time.

Come what may, the vampire wasn't going to let his difference from the normal human beings bring him down. But there was one thing that kept on worrying him, so he spoke to Namjoon about it.

"Can I ask you something?" Namjoon nodded.

"Namjoon, do you think this mask will scare them? Should I wear the black mask or the white mask?" From the way his voice sounded, Namjoon could tell Seokjin was a little bit intimidated by the event which was just three days away.

He cupped his face.

"No mask. Your handsome face won't scare anyone there, I promise." Seokjin trusted the
doctor's words as they shared a quick kiss together.

"I hope so."

~~~

The day finally arrived.

Although the men already had their clothes prepared for the night, Seokjin didn't seem to fit in the outfit he was going to wear. Unfortunately, he was too petite for it. So Namjoon left him at the mall with money, while he went to get his hair cut and styled.

Seokjin was currently wearing casual clothes, but nothing too scandalous: He didn't want to be noticed by anyone. Not now that he was on his own. He sort of felt like a lost puppy without its owner. Namjoon wasn't by his side anymore, so he needed to figure out a way
to become confident enough to search for clothes without making things awkward for himself.

On one hand he was intimidated, but on the other he felt free.

A store in particular caught his eye. The name of the store was CyberGoth.

The man found the name was kind of dark, but settle at the same time, making it worthy enough for him to automatically walk into it.

Immediately the first thing he notices when he walks in, is that there's a lot of posters all around the walls of rock bands.

He went further inside and found so much dark clothes: Some which contained lace, zippers, rips, and other types of styles he's never seen before.

The store manager went up to him, complimenting his look.

"My oh my, you definitely belong in this store. Just look at you!" Seokjin didn't think of it as a compliment, however. He thought of it as hate.

"Is my clothing unappealing?" The manager immediately changed the sentence he previously mentioned to the man.

"Not one bit, sir. You could even be one of our models. Are you looking for anything in particular?" Seokjin shrugged.

"Nothing in particular," Something in the store caught his eye. "Except for that."

"Excellent choice. You have great taste in clothing." The manager handed him the item which was located on a hanger. Seokjin held it, a grin slowly trailing his face.

"May I try this on?"

"Of course, right this way."