19 ⸸

Namjoon thought that he would arrive home and research information on his patient, but as soon as he took his lab coat off, he showered, ate, and went straight to bed. His feet were killing him from walking around the hospital all night and driving, so his body was worn out.

The night went on peacefully, and he woke up the next morning feeling the sun shine down on his eyes.

"Morning sleepy head!" He jumped up when he saw Yoongi.

"You startled me. How long have you been here?" He laughed.

"You smell like alcohol, did you drink last night or something? You know it's seven o' clock at night, right...?" Namjoon sprinted out of bed.

He looked at his clock: 7:00 P.M., just like Yoongi said. He brushed his teeth, flung his lab coat over his body, rushed downstairs and found his whole family gathered around.

The man rubbed his eyes.

"Mom? Dad? What's all of this?" His parents were smiling at him as he gave them a hug.

They held a cake up to him.

"We just wanted to congratulate you on your achievement, son. We're so proud of you." His mother's eyes shined with emotion as tears descended from them. She was crying tears of joy.

"Aw, mom." Namjoon sweetly hugged her as they spoke for a while.

"You didn't have to do all of this, really." He faked a death stare at his best friend.

"Especially you." Yoongi showed his gummy smile as Namjoon playfully punched him.

"Seriously dude, thanks for nearly making me fall down the stairs. I still have toothpaste in my mouth."

"And on your chin." His father laughed along with his mom as Namjoon wiped his face.

"What time is it, by the way?" Namjoon asked.

"It's only ten in the morning, don't worry." His mother replied.

Although he was relieved, he still felt sleepy.

When everybody left his apartment, Namjoon decided to go back to sleep.

He woke up in the afternoon and began cleaning around the house.

"Wow, what happened to you? Last time I checked, you were snoring on the couch and now you're flipping the whole apartment upside down." His mother spoke, patting her son's shoulder.

"Aside from being a smart and successful doctor, he's also a clean man. Wow. I wonder where he got this from." She teased.

"Definitely not from Yoongi, that's for sure. Why do you think I haven't visited him." His mother furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm joking, he's just as clean as I am. I've just gotten so busy with work lately that I haven't had enough time to clean around this place." She picked up a broom.

"In that case, then let me help you out." Namjoon gladly accepted her help and they began to clean the entire apartment until it was spotless.

The mother left once again. Namjoon was relieved his apartment was cleaned, one less thing he had to worry about.

He opened his computer and did the research he wanted to do last night but couldn't from how tired he felt.

"Malnutrition."

"How to safely remove led from your bloodstream."

He started by searching up helpful things to make sure Seokjin wouldn't be in danger. Then again, he was probably exposed to all of that radiation.

"Seoul Hospitals." He researched information on the hospital and found old images of the building.

"Old asylums in Seoul." Namjoon found something useful.

He clicked on a link that lead him to the hospital he works in.

"H.E.H.L. Human Experimentation Hospital Laboratory." He shook his head in disbelief when he saw the images of all the doctors he met in the hospital he worked in. Two of them looked like the ones who held Seokjin down in the wooden chair.

"Patient Hae Dowon: Died due to a respiratory infection.

Patient Eun Do: Died due to a sudden heart attack.

Patient Lee Shin Whan. Cause of death: Food poisoning.

Patient Kang Youngsoo: Electrocuted in her sleep." Namjoon felt sickened by the amount of deaths he kept reading.

[Posted eight years ago] "This hospital used to be an experimentation lab, but was later on turned into a normal-looking hospital. I used to visit my grandmother there when she was sick, but days before she died, she kept on talking about a strange noise she heard every night she was sleeping. It might have been old heating pipes, but over all, the care they gave her wasn't that well. I rate this no stars at all. Stay away from this place."

[Posted five years ago] "NEVER COME HERE. THIS HOSPITAL IS A TRAP TO TAKE YOUR INSURANCE MONEY AND JUST LEAVE YOU IN A BED TO DIE! I was diagnosed with pneumonia two years ago and they gave me the worst treatment ever. They kept on doing X-Rays of my chest and EKGs but they never put anything on me to protect me from the radiation. The result? I got lung cancer from the radiation. I'm cured now, thanks to another hospital in Korea. But I beg of you: Please DO NOT go to this hospital." The man was horrified by the comments.

He couldn't believe someone in a hospital would actually treat people this way. Instead of curing the people, they're killing them.

The patients he usually sees now, specifically Hoseok who has been there for one year and a half, always seem so intimidated by the slightest thing. Now he understands why.

His eyes felt heavy after a while. He took a look at the time.

"3:00 A.M. I'll take a quick shower because I'm sweaty from cleaning around the house. Then I'll eat something and go to the hospital. Oh-" He stopped walking as he noticed his camera.

"I'll take "this" and charge it. I need to make sure it's fully charged. I think I'll even record outside of the building to play the footage when I get back home, time to see what happens tonight." He stretched his aching bones.

There was a strange pain in his back. He recalls the amount of crouching he had to do in order to fit inside of the small vent yesterday and he felt exhausted.

Nevertheless, the man had to gather up energy from where ever he could to work all night... And do more investigation on the laboratory. Although Seokjin warned him, the information he found out today in his computer gave him a reason to search the hospital rooms even if it was dangerously risky.

As always, he made sure nothing was left on inside of the apartment.

"Lights, off. Stove, off. Coffee maker is off. And the door's locked. Alright, time to go." He unplugged his camera and took the keys out of his pocket while getting inside of the car.

"It's time to see Mr. Kim."

~~~