24 ⸸

The room was so dark, especially on rainy nights. Namjoon didn't know how Hoseok had the guts to sleep in there. Everything about his room gave the doctor goosebumps in his body.

He observed Hoseok's behavior, and he saw his mental health had significantly improved: He wasn't falling asleep unconsciously anymore, he wasn't getting visions, and he was looking better.

"Tell me, Hoseok, what type of food do they feed you here. What does it look and taste like?" The doctor was trying to get any information on what they fed the mysterious patient, Seokjin, the day he saw him acting so violent and aggressive.

"Crackers, apple juice, regular meals that aren't the 'best', but don't taste that bad. They look fresh and taste pretty good." The man smiled, brightly while continuously nodding his head.

"And how does your body react after you eat each meal or snack?"

"Normal. Nothing that I've eaten here has given me any side effects, as far as I'm concerned... Doctor, you look worried. Does this have something to do with me, or with the rumors about Patient Kim?" Namjoon immediately reacted to the name Hoseok mentioned.

"Him? This has nothing to do with him. I'm just curious about your eating habits in this hospital, that's all. Oh! I almost forgot to mention this," Hoseok stared at the doctor watching him readjust himself in his seat.

"Since you've been improving in your health lately, if you keep this up without having anymore issues, then you can be released in one week, or so." Hoseok's smile got wider.

"Really? Thank you so much! This is incredible! I would love to go back home already, I haven't seen my house, my friends, or my family in so long." The man frowned.

"But they have visited you here, I assume."

"You assumed wrong, my nice doctor. During the entire time I've been here, not one person has visited me except for the nurses and the rest of the people who work here." That made Namjoon pity the poor guy.

"Is that so? I'm sorry to hear that." He patted Hoseok's shoulder lightly, earning a smile from him.

"It's okay. At least I've had a kind friend like you. You're not a doctor, to me you're more like the brother I never had but always wanted. Thank you for being so kind, Dr. Kim."

Namjoon and Hoseok spoke for about an hour and a half more, before the doctor had to leave his room to attend his next patient.

~~~

"Hi, Dr. Kim, here. I'm on my lunch break. It's currently 6:41 P.M., It's dark outside and very cold in this parking lot, but I'll do what ever it takes to avoid eating in that cafeteria or in any place that weird hospital has. I found Bohwa on my way to Hoseok's room. He claimed he was just leaving, but stayed until I made it to the patient's room. He kept looking at his prescription and staring at me directly, not even blinking as if he was some sort of spy cam. He's so strange. Well, I just wanted to record a little bit to give you an update on what's happening. The last time I saw him, he was so angry... So intimidating. I hope he's okay now when I see him later on. That's all from me tonight so far, folks. Goodbye." The man put his camera away and got out of his car.

He made his way back into the building.

Everyone had left, almost no one was in the hospital except for the very few patients that stay there at night, and the doctors who keep them under observation. But luckily they never come across Namjoon, some people there haven't met him yet and he was glad: The less people he knew, the better.

He made sure no one would follow him this time, and made it to Seokjin's room as quietly as possible. He didn't know what was inside of the other rooms but judging by what the man had told him last time, he no longer felt the desire of wanting to know what might be hidden within those strange rooms. He tried focusing more on Seokjin than on what was around his surroundings. Frankly speaking: When he's talking with the cold man, his fear of what might be around him fades away and he puts all of his attention on Seokjin in order to forget about his fears.

Namjoon was two steps away from the patient's room, when he starts getting a heavy feeling in his chest and in his stomach. He thought that it was probably because he ate too fast, but the feeling later on lingered around his body, causing him to shake and feel nauseous. He felt so strange, that he couldn't see Seokjin. He had to leave the hospital and run back to his car immediately. The symptoms worsened as soon as he got to his car: He felt an ache in his lower back, and his head was about to explode from the amount of pressure inside of it.

"No... This is not good. This is not good." He drove out of the parking lot and fastened his seatbelt while picking up the pace in the highway.

He lived so far from home, at that moment he wished his apartment wasn't so far away from the hospital.

Namjoon only got worse when he needed to get better, when he was driving in a highway full of speedy cars. His vision fogged up, giving him poor eyesight to steer properly.

His heart rate increased and soon he started hyperventilating. Tears welled up in his foggy vision, and dripped down onto his jeans.

"What the hell is happening to me?" He thought.

"Am I having a panic attack?" Later on he discovered it was true: Namjoon was in fact having a panic attack in the highway. What could have triggered it? He was completely fine. Something is not right.

He made it to his apartment and when he stepped out of the car, he started throwing up.

As soon as the man retreated back into his apartment, he was perfectly fine. No sign of illness to be found, and his stress was gone.

"Yoongi! You... Scared me." He breathed out, greeting his friend.

"What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost. I came here a few minutes ago, searching for you but realized you hadn't come home yet, so I was about to leave when you pulled up in your driveway. Are you okay?"

"I had a bad premonition. I felt a bad presence in that hospital and then had a vision of someone who was trying to cause harm. A lot of harm."

"Who would want to harm you? That's crazy." Yoongi was worried.

Namjoon denied his question, taking his lab coat off.

"It's not me who they wanted to harm."

"Then who is it?" The man parted his lips to respond.

"Kim Seokjin."