28 ⸸

Seokjin opened his eyes and found himself in the doctor's arms. He got up, thanking the doctor for catching him.

"How long has he been here?" Namjoon whispered, trying not to wake up the beast next to the man's room.

"Today it's the second day he's been here, and they release him every night after 9 o' clock just so he could fight with me. He's much bigger than I am, much stronger, and much more angrier, so I just try my best to find his weak spots to attack him. That's been happening for so long with other patients the doctors turn into monsters so they could test their powers on me, at this point I just let them harm me to get it over with."

This was so much for Namjoon to take in, poor man. He's been through a lot in this hell.

The demonic creature had scared them so much, Seokjin didn't even realize he was still in Namjoon's arms and that Namjoon was still holding onto his waist like a porcelain doll: Being careful so that he wouldn't fall and break.

"I'm sorry, I'm very sorry." The doctor apologized, releasing Seokjin from his grip.

Seokjin stood next to his cage with a sassy expression on his face.

"Who's the one who overly apologizes now, Dr. Kim?" He teased. Namjoon crossed his arms, pretending to feel offended.

"Me? Apologizing? Please. I was simply running a quick test on you for your own health, after all, I am a doctor." Seokjin wasn't buying that story, and frankly, Namjoon wasn't either.

"I'm sorry, that story was terrible."

"And the man apologized once again. That's four times already, Namjoon." Seokjin spoke.

Namjoon quit and pretended to have a zipper on his mouth. He didn't speak for a while.

The whole room went quiet.

Namjoon's phone rang and Seokjin held his stomach, sitting inside of the cold, metal cage.

Namjoon read the name of the caller, it was his mom. He answered thinking it was something serious since his mother rarely calls him when he's working.

"Hello? Mom, how are you?" He answered, acting normal.

"I'm doing well, son. Listen! I'm at the hospital right now, I just wanted to stop by even though it's late, to tell you about something very important. Could you spare me a minute to talk to you?" She sounded okay, so Namjoon agreed.

"I'll see you... In a minute." He paused, looking back at Seokjin. The man was curved inside of the cage, his breathing was getting heavier by the minute.

Namjoon hung up and went to his side.

"Seokjin, are you hurt?" He heared the man's bones crack slightly while sitting up.

"I'm fine. Get out of here, now." He was surprised at his sudden change in attitude.

"You don't look... Alright, but at least let me take your temperature. Please?" The doctor was worried about Seokjin's excessive sweating, the look in his eyes wasn't the same, and his change in mood.

Seokjin agreed, but he couldn't get up.

"I'll help you sit up." The doctor reached out to grab Seokjin's arm, but the man gripped his hand and started to shake.

Namjoon thought he was having a hot flash.

"Breathe, Seokjin." He released his hand slowly, rolling a thermometer across his forehead. The man's temperature was very high. The state he was in was no good, he could be having a stroke and Namjoon feared that if he left him alone, his condition would worsen.