51 ⸸

With one less thing to worry about, the men waited for no one to be around for them to enter the room. Unfortunately at this hour, the hospital was packed with people going in and out. Too many witnesses. There was a clock on the wall, haunting both of them, especially Namjoon. Seokjin knew just how frustrated the man felt. He placed his arm around the doctor's back to reassure him, then he quickly guided him out of their hiding spot. "Don't take too long." Namjoon inserted the key card, unlocking the double doors slowly.

They rushed inside.

"Thank you." Namjoon thanked the vampire, ruffling his hair a little bit to praise him momentarily before he continued to search around the place. There were a few flickering lights, the nurses running around scared him. They were barely humanlike: Their faces were slightly scarred, they had bags underneath their eyes from lack of sleep and not a single facial expression was exposed on them, except for hatred and disgust.

Namjoon made it to the operation room, but there was people everywhere. He saw Hoseok's body lying on the surgery table, barely awake, but barely asleep. Somewhere in between.

This wasn't going to be an easy task.

The man was behind Namjoon, he was seeing his worrying increase. What got to him was when Namjoon signed and said, "I'm going to lose him.", that made Seokjin feel pity.

If his lover felt sorrow, then it affected the vampire's behavior: Once a vampire has someone to love and protect in their lives, they will do the impossible to keep their lover pleased.

"Namjoon, don't turn back no matter what. Can you do that for me?" Namjoon was confused.

"When I open this door, take Hoseok to safety." Seokjin's heart was beating fast. Each word gained him adrenaline, but sadness.

"What are you doing? Get down, they're going to see you." He couldn't think of what to properly respond.

"Just obey me, please." The vampire slipped out of Namjoon's arms, despite his warning, and exposed himself to everyone in the surgery room. All eyes were on him, just like he envisioned.

Namjoon rushed in and released Hoseok from the hospital bed, as the surgeons were too distracted by the angered vampire. Seokjin was violently releasing all of the anger he had bottled up for years.

He was releasing it all on the people who made him into the person he is today.

"Stop him, don't let him escape!" The three men were now running away.

Namjoon was so concentrated on giving Hoseok the motivation to run, and to wake up, he barely noticed Seokjin was behind them trying his best to keep everyone away.

"Seokjin-" The doctor was left with the words lingering on his tongue as he saw Seokjin leave his side.

"Keep running. Don't stop running no matter what happens!"

Eventually the two men were reunited and were sighing in relief with Hoseok.

"That was one hell of a mission, wasn't it?" Namjoon laughed, breathlessly.

They helped Hoseok get in the car, being gentle not to hurt him.

The doctor was so happy. So relieved. He held Seokjin's body for a slight second, before releasing himself from the tight embrace and starting his car.

He drove away with an uneasy feeling haunting him.

"THERE!" He looked behind him and saw about four men were getting in their cars.

The traffic was moving slowly, and the men were gaining up on Namjoon. So he searched for every different exit he could find, separating the cars with each individual lane.

This road wouldn't get him to his apartment. Even if it could, he wasn't going to lead the men back to his place, he would expose were he lives. He had a smarter idea: Instead of leading the men to were he lived, he lead them to another highway.

This highway was different, it had more possibilities for Namjoon to escape those men without getting followed back home.

"Hoseok, are you alright?" He asked, paying attention to the drowsy guy in the backseat of his car.

"Okay." Was all he replied before dozing off into a deep sleep.

"He will be awake soon, right?" Seokjin asked, looking at Hoseok.

"That's correct: Once the effects of the anesthesia wear off, he'll wake up." Namjoon responded.

"I think we lost them, Dr. Kim." There was no one around. Seokjin was right, the men weren't following them anymore.

"One less thing to worry about." He pushed his head back, but didn't let his guard down just yet until he was convinced that the coast was clear.

-Three hours later-

The drive back to his apartment seemed endless due to the path he chose to go in order to lose the men, but as they were about to arrive, Namjoon told Seokjin to awaken the man in the backseat. It wasn't normal for him to be asleep for so long.

"Sir, do you know where you are? Do you know who I am?" He asked him a series of random questions to activate the man's brain so he could wake up. And it worked.

"You are... You're... You- I don't know who you are, but you're quite handsome." Hoseok smiled. The man thanked him, in his regular cold tone.

"Dr. Kim, when did you get here?" Hoseok was starting to wake up, questioning where he even was.

"Hold onto us while we get you to safety." Namjoon put Hoseok's arm around his waist as Seokjin repeated Namjoon's action, guiding Hoseok to the couch.

Hoseok was giggling and acting very bubbly.

"I see clouds! Want to see how many stars I can count?" His anesthesia was talking for him. He didn't know what he was even doing.

"Seokjin, please stay here with him while I go hide the car in my garage." Namjoon rarely leaves his car inside of his garage unless there's bad weather outside, but to ensure his safety along with the others, he kept it hidden.

As he entered the apartment with his mind at ease, what he witnessed caused him to stress once more: Hoseok was caressing Seokjin's face, holding onto his tiny waist.

"They... They kissed."

~~~