110 ⸸

Seokjin's POV:

Responding to the man didn't make him any less aggressive. The minute I responded to him, I felt a sizzling pain on my cheek as his palm roughly slapped me. I couldn't do anything in that moment but groan at him, watching as the man beside him sip an alcoholic beverage as if nothing.

"You killed him. He's dead because of you! I suspect you must know by now that you'll be treated the same way, but you're wrong. I won't physically kill you. I'll mentally kill you." He snaked his arms around my waist and tightened the ropes around both my wrists and ankles, cutting my blood circulation.

I attempted to escape by banging my head against the window to break it, I tried shifting my arms around, I even rotated my legs from every angle possible, but it was impossible for me to move or untie myself. My body was too weak.

The evil man took an old laptop out of his suitcase and pressed the 'play' button on a video that was open on the screen.

I focused my attention on the video immediately after noticing my parents.

"Mom... Dad.." There they were, sitting down on a chair, negotiating with someone.

"He's been acting so strange. He says that he feels sick, injured, and needs us to be with him all of the time. Seokjin doesn't let us sleep, saying that we need to stay awake for him." My father spoke.

What he just said was true: I did make my parents stay awake, and I did used to say I was sick and injured. Because I was. Not physically, but my mind used to be very dark... And it still is.

Years ago, something happened to me. I remember playing with my friends one minute, then the next I disappeared for one minute. I just wanted to get my kite back. That's all...

~flashback~

"Seokjin, it's your turn to fly the kite now!" My friends shouted. I happily ran around with the bright and colorful flying kite. It was one of the first and last times I saw what true beautiful colors were. The kite contained many bright and rare colors, I couldn't keep my mind off of it.

"Seokjin, where did it go?" The kite was so hypnotic to me that before I knew it, it had slipped away from my grip and the wind had blown it towards the street.

"I'll be right back." My shoe laces were very loosened up on me, but I was too busy running after the kite to pay attention to my shoes at the moment. I stopped in an intersection when I finally found the flying colorful kite, sighing to catch my breath.

When I tried to grab it- "Huh? Hey!" It immediately flew away. I didn't want to lose it again, so I followed it down more than four blocks. I was young. Too young to know how to get back to my own house, let alone, recognize the neighborhood, but unfortunately, I was determined to retrieve the object that keeps my friends and I entertained, so I kept on running until I stopped by a mysterious looking house.

I didn't want to enter it because my parents taught me to respect other people's private property, but my mind was suddenly drawn to a song coming from the back of the garden.