21 ⸸

"You. I don't want to leave you." A long silence was all that followed after Namjoon spoke.

No one else spoke. The men stared at each other without saying a word. It was as if their bodies were speaking for them.

Namjoon's heart was pounding out of his chest, he didn't know if it was because he was nervous, or if he was afraid, but his heart was beating so loud to a point where he could silently hear it.

Seokjin remained silenced. The doctor cleared his throat after a while and touched Seokjin's forehead. While reaching out to touch his head, the man gripped his wrist.

Namjoon gulped, fearing the man would injure him like before. Instead, the man just slowly released his wrist and allowed him to check his temperature.

As Namjoon opened his suitcase to get his medical supplies, the man noticed the files inside of it.

"You liar!" Seokjin backed away from the man.

"You're one of them. You were lying to me this whole time just to get information about me, weren't you?" He noticed the anger in his eyes. Namjoon dropped his stethoscope on the floor and handed the files to the man.

He opened them and read the papers one by one.

"These... Are the files they gave me years ago. The papers they made me sign." Namjoon nodded.

"I found them on the floor and took them with me before climbing up the vent." He picked his stethoscope up from the dirty floor and noticed drops of blood were staining it. The blood looked fresh. The doctor couldn't judge his patient, who knows what those monsters did to him today that made him act this way with him.

He quietly listened to Seokjin's heartbeat and packed everything in his suitcase once he was done. Namjoon could see the disappointment in his patient's face.

"Sir, I apologize for causing you so much trouble." He was surprised.

"Don't be sorry, I know it's not you doing this. It's them." He softly spoke.

Seokjin felt guilty.

Namjoon wanted to cheer him up, after all, he's always trying his best to make his patients feel comfortable and happy with him every time he sees them. Why not try the same thing with this strange man whose probably been through a lot? He thought.

"You need a prescription, Seokjin. A very important medication needs to administrated into you as soon as possible." The man sighed at him.

"And what prescription might that be? They've given me so many medications that I believe to have tried them all."

"What about a dose of friendship?" The man lifted his head, looking at the doctor. His expression was beginning to change.

"Friendship... Perhaps that might work." He looked away.

"Oh, but what if I increase the dosage and add in 'Companionship' and 'Trust'? Just two tablets a day and two teaspoons of those three medications and you'll feel much better. Don't you think?" Namjoon felt intimidated by Seokjin's dead silence, but he later on learned that the man was secretly laughing.

The humor he didn't know he had inside of him was actually helping one of his patients. Who knew, right?

"Thank you. But for now, I think I just need a personal doctor." He rolled his eyes in a sarcastic way.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the man trying to follow his game.

"Yes, I need a doctor who understands what's wrong with my health." Namjoon pretended to write a list of everything Seokjin was describing to him.