58

Chapter 58 - Rehabilitation

After they returned back home, Jiang Qi’s stomach already screaming with hunger. Finished changing his clothes, Jiang Qi went to the dining room and saw the dining table were full with delicious food. Then, Aunt Li came out from the kitchen with a bowl of chicken egg porridge and put it in front of Jiang Qi.  

Jiang Qi stared at his delicious chicken egg porridge and looked at the more delicious dishes on the table, and silently pushed the porridge far away.

Sadly, when Aunt Li saw Jiang Qi's action, she pushed the porridge back to him and deftly retrieved Jiang Qi's chopsticks. She only left a spoon for Jiang Qi to eat.

Jiang Qi looked at the spoon in his hand silently. What to do? He can only picked up his spoon and eat the porridge. Delicious is delicious, but the flavor was light. Especially when he saw the sweet and sour spare ribs and steamed fish on the table, the disparity of deliciousness left his mouth tasteless.

Because Ke Yan took a call when he was about to come down, he was still at the first floor until now. So at the moment, Jiang Qi’s blockage to all the deliciousness is  just Aunt Li. Jiang Qi looked at Aunt Li and saw she was wearing her shoes at the front door, and he thought to himself - if Aunt Li went back, he would steal a bit of the food quickly before Ke Yan comes down.

" I have some things to do later, so I’m going to go back first. You cannot steal the food ah!"

“ ……..” His plan was seen through, Jiang Qi couldn’t wait to hide his face in embarrassment.

Watching as the door closed and Aunt Li was truly gone, Jiang Qi picked up Ke Yan’s chopsticks and clipped the sweet and sour spare ribs into his mouth. Hmm...so delicious!

Jiang Qi quickly eaten the meat in his mouth. He ate very fast and soon he took another one and then another.  He ate as much as he can.

While eating, Jiang Qi still has not forgotten to look at the stairs from time to time. Afraid Ke Yan would suddenly popped out.

When Ke Yan finally showed up, Jiang Qi had already eaten a lot of meat and tossed the bones into the kitchen’s trash can. He even pretended to eat his chicken egg porridge, as if nothing ever happened.

Ke Yan ate while looking at Jiang Qi several times. Jiang Qi acted calm but didn’t dare to look at Ke Yan head on.

" Jiang Qi..."

" En?"

" There’s  a leftover sauce on your mouth."

" Ah?" Jiang Qi wiped the corner of his mouth... really, there’s a sauce.

"Haha, haha, hahaha." Jiang Qi looking at Ke Yan while laughing awkwardly.

" Is it delicious?" Ke Yan stared at Jiang Qi with no emotion on his expression.

“ I was wrong!” Jiang Qi admitted readily.

“ Eat ba.”Ke Yan clipped one of the ribs and send it to Jiang Qi’s mouth.

Jiang Qi ate and then he looked at Ke Yan in surprised.  

" I didn't say you cannot eat the ribs. You just have to eat moderately."

" En." Jiang Qi nodded with a smile.

With a good mood, Jiang Qi ate his porridge and a small portion of the ribs. Afterwards, Jiang Qi grab the water Ke Yan held for him to eat his medicine. There was a lot of medicine prescribed by the hospital, and as Jiang Qi counted he couldn’t help but sighed. He really hated being sick. Holding all the medicines in his palm, he put all in one go into his mouth and swallowed them with the help of the water.