88

Chapter 88 - tête-à-tête

Yang Shao Yu walked out of the elevator and saw Lin Zi Rui standing at the door of his house. In his hand, he holds the luggage he has forgotten before. He looks pale as his gaze fixed to the floor. 

Lin Zi Rui seemed to feel someone’s gaze on him. He looked up and immediately smile appeared on his face. 

Yang Shao Yu froze. He unknowingly frowned, lost in thoughts. He wondered why Lin Zi Rui appeared at his door. Most accurately, he was thinking how could Lin Zi Rui appeared in front of him so quickly after what had happened between them. 

"You are back." Lin Zi Rui walked to Yang Shao Yu and spoke to him with a smile.

"Why are you here?" Yang Shao Yu didn't face Lin Zi Rui directly. Instead, he leaned on the wall holding his jacket in one hand while inserting the other in the pocket of his pants, showing a little carelessness.

Lin Zi Rui flinched a little by his behavior, but he took a deep breath and still looked at Yang Shao Yu with a smile on his face.

"You forgot to take back your clothes yesterday." Lin Zi Rui handed over the luggage to Yang Shao Yu.

Yang Shao Yu finally remembered that he had left in a hurry yesterday that he has forgotten to take his luggage with him. Then he stretched his hand to take the luggage from Lin Zi Rui. 

"Shao Yu." Lin Zi Rui’s voice was slightly weakened as he speaks, "My brother said don't let go easily if I like someone. I, I like you. So, can you accept me?" He looked at Yang Shao Yu expectantly.

"I don't like you, so why should I?" Yang Shao Yu turned his head away from Lin Zi Rui's eyes.

"Do you really find me intolerable?" Lin Zi Rui bowed his head and clenched his fists as he asked.

"Yeah, so don't come to me in the future." Yang Shao Yu said as he turned to enter his house. 

Lin Zi Rui stayed in the same place with a trembling body. When he heard the door opened behind him, he suddenly awakened from his stupor and pulled Yang Shao Yu toward him. When Yang Shao Yu was still in shocked, he took the opportunity to steal a kiss.

Yang Shao Yu was caught by surprise and felt the soft lips of Lin Zi Rui against his. It was cold and he was kissing him with obvious caution. 

Yang Shao Yu’s mind immediately cleared and pushed Lin Zi Rui away. 

Lin Zi Rui’s body slammed against the wall.

And it was pretty hard, especially on his head. 

There was a moment of silence. Lin Zi Rui straighten himself against the wall in self-depreciation. He felt ridiculous. He covered both his eyes, but it cannot stop the tears from seeping through his fingers. 

Yang Shao Yu really wants to take a step toward Lin Zi Rui and tell him not to cry. 

But at this moment Lin Zi Rui let go of his hands and his expression was firm as he spoke, “Just take these two days as a joke. I won’t entangle with you anymore after this.” He walked away after he finished. 

Because of his slight hesitation, Yang Shao Yu failed to catch up with him. 

Turning back into his house, he sat on the sofa as he thought back about the kiss with Lin Zi Rui. His heart seems to be on fire. 

Lin Zi Rui went into the elevator and watch his embarrassing face reflected on the steel plate. He smiles in heartache and wiped away his tears.