Chapter 96 - What Do You Want To Do

After Lin Zi Rui finished showering, he left the bathroom, only to find Yang Shao Yu blocking the doorway, so he asked,
“What are you doing?”

“Let’s go and eat.”

“There’s no need. I still need to go home to change my clothes.”

“Just wear some of my clothes.” Yang Shao Yu said as he whipped out an outfit.

This time, Lin Zi Rui did not decline the offer, mainly because what he had been wearing was already quite crumpled and it was also exuding a faint odor.

After changing into a fresh outfit, although the clothes seemed a little big on him, Lin Zi Rui still chose to wear them and walked out of the shower.

“Let’s go eat.” Yang Shao Yu too had already changed.

“Mm…” Lin Zi Rui was just about to accept his offer when suddenly his phone rang. Looking at the screen, he saw that it was a call from the hospital, and Lin Zi Rui was relieved his phone had not run out of battery just then.

“Hello, alright, okay, I’ll be right there.” He hung up then looked at Yang Shao Yu saying, “I need to go back to the hospital.”

“Of course, let me send you there.” Yang Shao Yu grabbed his car keys as he and Lin Zi Rui exited the house.

“If you could, please try and drive a bit faster.” Usually, if he received calls after leaving work, it meant that the situation might be an emergency or that there was a shortage of doctors on hand.

“Sure, put your seat belt on first.”

“Mm.” Lin Zi Rui murmured as he put his seat belt on. He glanced at Yang Shao Yu, who was busy driving them, and he thought to himself, it looks like I won’t be able to have a meal with him, yet he did not say anything, not even a word of dissatisfaction or impatience.

Lin Zi Rui smiled as he thought this, before opening his mouth and saying,
“Next time is on me.”

“Hmm?” For a moment Yang Shao Yu thought he had misheard it.

“Next time, I’ll treat you to a meal.” Lin Zi Rui repeated.

“Alright!” Yang Shao Yu was now sure that he had not misheard it, and his mouth cracked open into a huge grin.

Looking at Yang Shao Yu foolishly smiling made Lin Zi Rui want to laugh too.

They drove all the way to the hospital, and when they reached, Lin Zi Rui unbuckled his seat belt and immediately ran inside.

Yang Shao Yu too parked the car and went inside.

Parking the car had taken some time, so when Yang Shao Yu finally made it in, Lin Zi Rui was ready to enter the operating theater, and he was standing with some other doctors. Just one glance and one could tell that he was the youngest one there.

Lin Zi Rui did not notice Yang Shao Yu had come in and soon entered the operating theater with the other doctors.

Yang Shao Yu sat on the same chair as before, as he waited for Lin Zi Rui to come out. The entire time, he completely ignored the odd looks that the families of patients were giving him.