94. : First time at the Ke household

Xiao Ke’s father, Chad Wang ended up reaching home at about 8 pm. As Jiang Qi looked at Ke Shao’s foreigner husband, he thought to himself, when Xiao Ke grows older, will he look like that too?

After Chad Wang came home, he took on the job of cradling Xiao Ke as he cut the birthday cake. Even though Xiao Ke had already fallen asleep by then, this did not in any way affect the jovial mood of the adults.

After the cake-cutting was finished, he carried Xiao Ke and put him to bed, then only did Jiang Qi took two bites of cake. Ke Yan had been drinking, so Lan Ru Yin asked him to stay the night, and although Jiang Qi had planned to go home on his own, Ke Yan had no intention of letting him go back on his own and wanted him to stay with him.

Jiang Qi still had reservations about staying the night, if Ke Yan’s mother and sister were clueless about Ke Yan’s relationship with him, he might have been able to feign ignorance and stay, but based on the current situation, it seemed like Ke Yan’s mother did not really want him to stick around, so Jiang Qi ultimately decided to politely refuse.

Ke Yan was not about to let Jiang Qi go back on his own, he knew that Jiang Qi would likely feel quite unhappy, plus he did not want Jiang Qi to feel aggrieved. In the end, he decided he would go back too.

Lan Ru Yin saw that Ke Yan looked like he was going to follow Jiang Qi back, and instantly shot Ke Yan a glare. So now he wouldn’t even listen to her?

Truthfully, there was a reason behind why Lan Ru Yin had explicitly offered for only Ke Yan to sleep over here tonight, and that was because she wanted Jiang Qi to face a little hardship and make the rational decision to leave Ke Yan. This way Jiang Qi would understand that she still had no intention of accepting him.

By now, Ke Shao had noticed what was happening, and she called out to Jiang Qi saying, “It’s already quite late, I don’t think you should travel home now, how about you and Xiao Yan stay the night?”

Jiang Qi was still about to refuse, but even Ke Xin chimed in asking him to stay over.”

In the end, both Jiang Qi and Ke Yan ended up staying over. Initially, Ke Xin had offered to clear out one of the guest rooms for him, but Ke Yan declined her offer, saying, “There’s no need to trouble yourself with preparing another room, he can just sleep in mine.”

Jiang Qi was not oblivious to the odd look the Ke Father gave him when Ke Yan said this...

After they entered Ke Yan’s room, they both took a shower to freshen up. Jiang Qi had not brought any spare clothes with him, so he had to make do with wearing Ke Yan’s clothes. Even after so many years, Ke Yan’s clothes were still too loose for Jiang Qi.

Jiang Qi had to roll up both the sleeves and his pant legs, and after he finished that he looked at his reflection in the mirror. The shirt felt oddly oversized on his upper body, the collar seemed to be a bit too wide, revealing much of his collarbone and neck. Suddenly, Jiang Qi broke into a smile, this scene had somehow brought back memories of the first time Ke Yan had lent him some clothes to wear. It had been almost exactly as it looked now, the shirt was too large for him, and even then he had been forced to roll up both the sleeves and his pant legs more than a couple of times. Luckily, he only had to roll them up twice now.

Moreover, now their relationship was completely different, back then, at most they counted as barely acquainted schoolmates, but now, they were lovers.