Chapter 99 - Mother Jiang is Here

Mother Jiang was set to drop by on Saturday, so Jiang Qi did not feel too worried as he had enough time to prepare for this visit.

Upon returning home, he finished his meal, then read for a while. He soon grew a little bored of reading, and after taking a hot shower, immediately went to bed.

As he burrowed deeper into the blankets, he uncontrollably shivered. It had been getting quite cold recently, and without Ke Yan here to help warm the sheets before bed, they really were icy-cold.

He rubbed his feet together and pulled the covers closer around himself. He rolled about in bed, and without Ke Yan, the bed felt exceptionally large, perhaps even too large for him. Usually, Ke Yan would be in bed with him, but now all on his own, he felt it really was too big for him.

Jiang Qi could not shake the feeling that a cold wind was blowing across his neck, and he pulled the covers higher up, wrapping them around himself.

Haih, Ke Yan hurry up and come home...

The next day Jiang Qi got up really early, and just a few minutes after he woke up, Ke Yan called him.

“Are you up?”

“Mmm, I just got up. It must be dawn for you there, why are you up so early?”

“I didn’t sleep the entire night. I thought you might be up now, so I called you.” Ke Yan wearily rubbed the corners of his eyes.

“You’re so busy? Be careful, your body might not be able to take the strain.” Jiang Qi said as his heart ached for the other.

“Don’t worry, I should be able to come back by next Monday… Is it cold for you when you sleep at night?”

“Ït’s not cold, not in the least.”

“Huh, have you learned to lie to me?”

“No.” Jiang Qi’s voice instantly grew softer, ending in a whisper.

“When you go to work today, wear thicker clothes. It’s pretty cold out there today.” Ke Yan reminded him.

“How would you know that the weather is cold today?”Jiang Qi asked with curiosity.

“I checked the weather forecast of course. I guessed that you would not have checked it today, and I was worried that you might wear something thin to work today. And if you did so, you might have gotten sick, then what?”

Jiang Qi felt a gush of warmth fill his heart as he heard this, “I know, I know. Alright, you have to take care of yourself too you know! Make sure you wear thicker clothes and don’t overwork yourself. Remember to have your meals, and don’t drink too much liquor. Most of all, don’t flirt with any women!”

Ke Yan was extremely amused by Jiang Qi’s last words, and the two continued to chat for a while before reluctantly ending the call.

“Manager Jiang? You’re unusually late today.” He bumped into Sun Nian Qing in the elevator, and she greeted Jiang Qi with a smile.

Jiang Qi nodded in reply, but he felt a tiny sense of confusion, why was it that every time he met Sun Nian Qing, she had a smile on her face?

Once the elevator arrived at the right floor, Jiang Qi made his way to his office. Glancing at the table with documents strewn all over it, he felt a headache begin to form. It seemed like he had been getting a bit lazy recently, and he self-deprecatingly laughed as he thought to himself he probably needed to retire earlier.

Truthfully speaking, Jiang Qi was quite accurate, he would indeed retire years before his time, the only thing was that he would continue to accompany Ke Yan whenever he left home, and the two would return together.