Chapter 6: The Emperor and I

Yun Ren Xie intentionally dropped the yellow robe just to make Li Si angry. One of his funny personality that she have written is, he never likes it when his favorite robe stained by anything.

If its a tea spilled on it, he will let you kneel outside for a day with nor rest!

If its a food stain, he will let his guards beat you with 20 stick!

If its a wine that seeped through it, he will get you jump to a cliff!

What's more if its blood that will permanently stick on it? He will not dare touch a single hair of the general's daughter just to vent his anger so, the only way around was punishing the hidden guards he assigned. The one responsible for this should be the leader, Gu Ling. If not him, well, its a two or three of his comrades that will suffer!

Meamwhile, Gu Ling facepalmed upon seeing his master's face turning dark. He fell for the girl's trap, and also his master. It seems like she look innocent and only putting sweet words to the Prime Minister but why does he feel like she is up to nothing good? Ah, right! Everyone in the capital knew his master's adoration towards yellow and gold coloured objects.

Yun Ren Xie watched Li Si's face turn dark. Good! It's time to add more fuel to the fire.

"Father! I want to thank Prime Minister for protectinh Ye Xue. A- Also, his robe was destroyed by me. This girl would like to say my thanks to Prime Minister. " Yun Ren Xie showed a very pitiful expression.

"Hmph! You were alone here with corpses and none of his guards even paid attention to your shock! " Fang Wang Zhen crossed his arms when his daughter sauntered towards Li Si.

Those were supposed to be simply teaching Li Si a lesson but why does it seems to have more profound and deeper meaning?

Gu Ling who heard it and immediately his face turned sour.

My dear little treasure was with you and yes you offered her shelter, clothing, food and security but left her such lazy servants! Are they even considered elites when at war? My daughter is good at martial arts but she havent seen any violence of killing at all! Ah, Ye Xue is shocked and now she was even the one saying her thanks to you! This old man will seek retribution! What a shameless minister!

Yun Ren Xue can feek what the old man wants to say but still, kept his mouth shut. After all, the prime minister is a high rank. Also, according to the historians, this Prime Minister Li Si have been helping the Emperor Qin in every problem. It wont be weird if they say these two were friends.

"Prime Minister Li Si, this girl, Ye Xue apologies for ruining your robe. In the future, I will send people to your mansion in the capital to bring you new set of clothes. Right, father?" Yun Ren Xie was currently bowing slightly and took a peek at Fang Wang Zhen who's eyes are closed and nodded.

Appearing like a calm wave but beneath is a deep abyss you dont have a certainty if monsters are lurking in it. That's how Li Si thought of these father and daughter pair. Who knows? When this troublesome girl send clothes, it might contain poisonous objects, insects or even gu.

He rubbed his temples and waved his hand, "Rise. It's this official's job to help those who needs it."

Yun Ren Xie smiled and went to Fang Wang Zhen's side.They bid farewell and she followed her father outside the small manor.

Just as the carriage left, Gu Ling appeared in front of Li Si. He kneeled and said, "Master....".

"Why did you not took her away from this place when these scums are here? My robe is ruined, my courtyard is not clean, I have been shamed by that damned general! Say, who is responsible?" Li Si formed a grim smile. His oppressive aura made Gu Ling sweat.

But before Gu Ling can even answer, a hidden guard kneeled beside him and it was holding a white paper on hand. Li Si cant help but raise his brow. He received the paper and opened it;

The dragon's eyes and ears
High and mighty beseiger
But I as an ant
Dont regard it voiceless

It was a poem though, but there was no name on it. Li Si glanced at the hidden guard, waiting for an explanation.

"This is what was left inside the room where young miss Fang Ye Xue rested."

Li Si hummed as an answer and dismissed him. But what he not understand, could this poem written by that girl, Ye Xue? As far as he can understand what it meant, it was obvious the writer is giving him a warning. But only a few people know how close he and the Emperor Qin is. Few of them were silenced, exiled, suffered and became their pet. Li Si was the Emperor's most trusted official and also his pillar of support. They both have been close behind the curtain as best of friends but when this curtain opens, they were like nothing but an Emperor and official.

Yes, Li Si is the eye and ears of the dragon. But the third and fourth line made him raise his brow. "But I as an ant, dont regard it as voiceless?" he repeated. If that girl, Fang Ye Xue really wrote this, who exactly is she? How can she threaten a high ranking official even if she knew she might get killed with this information?

Li Si crumpled the paper and threw it on the bloody ground. "Gu Ling, watch that girl closely. Report anything unusual about her." he stated without looking back and left the courtyard.

The hidden guard glanced at the paper now soaked in blood. Just what is written in it and why his master became warry of Ye Xue's existance? He just shook his head and disappeared in a flash.