Chapter 140: Longing Chulian

On top of the windowsill, a man in dark clothes sat there nonchalantly while staring at Zhao Chulian and Ying Zheng. "Being close intimately, are you not worried your dage will get angry?"

"You..." Yun Ren Xie is surprised, she thought Xiang Zihui have forgotten to bring her back on his side, that voice... It was from Jiang Yi Huai! Before she can even move, Ying Zheng pulled her behind him.

"Great Emperor, you just borrowed my friend's toy and now its time to return it." Jiang Yi Huai continued while pointing at Zhao Chulian.

"She's not going with you." Ying Zheng's voice went grim and his grip on Yun Ren Xie's hand tightened.

"Ah Lian is not someone you can keep. As far as I know, she might have someone in her heart already..." he chuckled, his gaze sat on Zhao Chulian's red pair of eyes. It emits a light of hope and familiarity, she had recognized him already?

"Shut up!"

"Wuming, please. I need to return." Yun Ren Xie pleaded.

"Hear that? Ah Lian in the first place, never belonged to you." Jiang Yi Huai dropped on floor, he leaned at the cold wall. He have no choice but show Ying Zheng the bitter truth otherwise, if he still wont let go, everything will just turn to worse. The fate of Fang Ye Xue is the same as Zhao Chulian, once he, Ying Zheng realize it more and more that he loved her, she would end up miserable in the end. Their uncle Siming had done a good job! If ever Jiang Yi Huai finished this nine incarnation punishments, he would teach that God of Fate a lesson to remember in eternity!

"What about Ah Lian makes her own choice. If she picked that golden hairpin over there..." Jiang Yi Huai pointed at the hairpin that Ying Zheng wished to give to Zhao Chulian. "That means she'd stay."

Yun Ren Xie stared at the golden hairpin, she can feel how Ying Zheng loved Fang Ye Xue, even going far of searching an immortal pill, building a golden palace and never naming an empress. However, she had no other choice left. Finishing the mission matters the most and she needs to return to the real world. She recalled how Baoshi warned her back then, 'never hook up with the characters'.

The tight grip on her hand slowly dispersed, Ying Zheng let go off her to choose. Silence conquered the whole room before she gazed at him tenderly, Yun Ren Xie shook her head while her eyes never left him.

"Im sorry. Dont look for me anymore." she repeatedly said, Ying Zheng wanted to pull her back but Jiang Yi Huai had gripped Zhao Chulian and left the place.

The golden hairpin flashed a light from the candle, its finely artistic emphasis were quite beautiful yet under its alluring curves were the silent sorrows of a man. Ying Zheng held his head high to stop his tears, rage and pain suffocated him. His fist clenched tightly that his palm started to bleed. He furiously punched the wall before sitting on top of Zhao Chulian's bed as he ran his hand all over his hair.

"Damn it!" he cursed and in no time, tears were streaming from his aggrieved face. He lowered his head while one of his hand is covering his lips as he gazed at the golden hairpin. For a handsome man to cry is almost rare, for an emperor to feel aggrieved is almost impossible. Just for love, no emperor had agonized like him. The emotion of love shouldnt be felt by the emperor, it is a great weakness to gain.

Back on Yun Ren Xie's side, she felt guilty of leaving him behind. Jiang Yi Huai have seen through her but he can do nothing to revise this. They arrived in front of an inn outside the capital, he have been carrying her in his arms for hours by just leaping through the road. His qigong is really useful.

"Your Sir Jiang?" she asked after standing in front of him just as they arrived outside the inn.

"En. Glad you recovered. Xiang Zihui had been worried and done everything he can just to find you. How is it? Do you still feel some pain?" he asked while breathing heavily but still, a slight smile appeared on his feminine face.

"Just this morning, my head felt painful but I have regained normal mindset." Yun Ren Xie sat at the chair just nearby them.

Jiang Yi Huai bent his head as if confused of something. "Do you.... Remember your past?"

"Host, never mention you did." Senior System spoke out of nowhere as he warned Yun Ren Xie. She trusted her new guide and nodded as an agreement.

"Havent. I only remember my life this past six years."

"Ah Lian, we're going to travel back in Chu State. Nian Feng is still in Xianyang but we need to wait for him before moving on. As for Xiang Zihui, he needs to return early to settle some matters." he reached his hand out to Zhao Chulian, gesturing her to follow him. Yun Ren Xie placed her hand on him and they entered the inn.

Four days later, a carriage stopped by the inn and a young master stepped outside. Yun Ren Xie and Jiang Yi Huai went to the carriage, she blinked her eyes upon seeing the young master. Her gaze is full of confusion.

"Your eyes.... Have you restored your eyesight?"

Yun Ren Xie covered her gaping mouth with her hands, she is familiar with that voice! Ah, this is her male lead sama! "Nian Feng!" her sudden shout carried a hint of glee.

"This is unexpected, Sir Jiang. You do deserve the title of being called divine doctor." Nian Feng praised the silent Jiang Yi Huai who is already riding a dark stallion.

"The medication cured her blindness but ask her how it feels, maybe you can say Im still useless." Jiang Yi Huai sneered as he took the rein from the servant.

Nian Feng got confused as he glanced at the giggling Zhao Chulian. "It hurts. Like my eyes are about to pop out while being pricked by thousand needles." she simply said before entering the carriage by the help of Xiao Hai. Nian Feng is about to follow when Jiang Yi Huai drove his horse in front of him.

"Where are you going?" Jiang Yi Huai asked, he raised a brow.

"Inside the carriage." the young general blankly answered, he still thought Zhao Chulian had the temper of a child but Jiang Yi Huai knew it wasnt the case. She is already normal so it is a great taboo if Nian Feng were to ride the carriage.

"Ride a horse. We need to guard outside." he coolly said and left, a servant boy immediately brought a steed for Nian Feng.

He have no clue that Zhao Chulian's head injury had been cured that is why his brows were knitted but Nian Feng accepted the steed as they proceeded.

Yun Ren Xie had been restless with Xiao Hai, her personal maid is crying in alarm and joy when she saw her safe. As the master taking pity, Yun Ren Xie coaxed her. The travel went smoothly that day when she heard something from Xiao Hai.

"Young Miss, did you know that our carriage nearly stopped by imperial guards as we exited Xianyang? They said a decree came from His Majesty Ying Zheng to find a woman but they wont let us see the portrait. It was said the future empress is missing and they were looking for her."