Chapter 78: Little Sun

Yun Ren Xie stared at the koi pond nearby the parlour, the moon's bright features were illuminated gently by the playful crystal clear water. Wisteria flowers swaying with the gentle late-spring's breeze, lilies with the color of purple shook gracefully. Such alluring sight can make anyone feel at ease but she is somehow bothered greatly.

Unable to tell Seimei he should stay at her estate for tonight, only Fuyu is able to come but she doesnt know where he went off a few hours ago.

"Little Sun(Chisona Taiyo)!" a familiar voice made Yun Ren Xie widen her eyes. With a quick turn, she saw her big brother Akuma Sugoi standing at the other end while Fuyu is behind him. In his human form, deep pitch black eyes were showing few ripples of emotions. Dark ebony hair cascaded down until his waist. Wearing such gentle smile, she can't help but admire him more.

Its been decades since she heard him call her. "Onissan!" Yun Ren Xie choked after that word escaped her mouth. She stood abruptly, eyes were too emotional and clear. The Akuma Sugoi before her....

"Its been a while." he smiles blandly while holding a white fan in his hands.

Same.... Yun Ren Xie thought, its still.... The same, why does he look like a twenty five year old Saito Hajime?!

She can't hold herself anymore, Yun Ren Xie rushed at Akuma Sugoi without restraint and enclasped him between her arms. Ever since she started to understand the world, she grew independent, no man can get close to her other than two certain person in her thoughts, but Saito Hajime is different from them. He was more strict yet gentle to his sister....

"Onissan...." she muttered multiple times while burying her head on his chest. Akuma Sugoi caressed her back as if coaxing her to stay put.

"All right, the food is almost ready. Also, why didnt you tell me you adopted two ototos? Lets rest at the parlour and let me speak with this one over here." Akuma Sugoi reached out to the calm looking Fuyu. "Look at that indiffrence, Im also like this when I was young!"

Sugoi's carefree laughter made Fuyu stunned. He never thought.... the famous cold and ruthless Cat Demon Emperor Sugoi would act this close?

And also, he can't believe Chisona Taiyo is actually the only family Emperor Sugoi has! Then that means....

Emperor Sugoi is Emperor Fuyu's onissan?!

Fuyu watched the two figure talked along the way towards the open parlour, he glance behind him where the wooden gate is still left open. That Seimei.... He already sent a letter at the Abe clan that Seimei needs to get back at the Sun Estate tonight but why is he still not appearing yet?

"Ototo! Come here and speak to your onissan!" Sugoi suddenly shouted with a gleeful smile, this made Fuyu turn around and break his deep thoughts.

He immediately returned a warm smile and went towards the pair of brother and sister.

"So you are the Emperor Fuyu of Northern Kitsune Kingdom. Wonderful! My sister is really good at raising such powerful foster brothers!" Sugoi clapped his hands before drinking another cup of wine. "Then where is the second one? I heard from the servants he looked a lot like Fuyu."

Yun Ren Xie who is eating a kyoho, choked severely. Good thing Fuyu rushed at her side and gently pat her back then giving her honey water. After calming down, she looked at her brother who is grinning, propping his cheek on top of his right hand.

This Sugoi is really hard to deal with. He still want to harm Seimei after confirming my second adopted brother?

She just responsed in silence but Fuyu took a measuring gaze at Chisona Taiyo, her slender brows were creased, eyes unreadable and lips were pursed tightly. Is she unwilling to speak about Seimei?

"Princess Takara, the dinner is ready." a servant bowed, making Yun Ren Xie sigh in relief. However, her silence only made Sugoi more suspicious about the child his sister adopted.

Before Sugoi appeared in front of Chisona Taiyo, he heard lots of rumours about her, taking in two foster brothers. One became the talk of the demon realm as an excellent ruler while the other is popular at the human realm, saying the second ototo was a great merits being an onmyoji, even earning the title Heaven's Onmyoji and Prince Kami. What made him suspicious about the onmyoji Taiyo raised is about the servant's description.

Saying the Prince Kami is the same with the first master, Fuyu. Silky white hair like the moon's reflection from the gentle ripples of water and eyes that were frigid yet clear, almost unreadable, as if it was made out of a thousand years of ice. Only a royal blood kitsune can have such vignette.....

"Onissan, what are you dazing about? Let's eat." Chisona Taiyo spoke softly, making him wake up from his abysmal thoughts.

He is still determind, with a sly smirk, Sugoi asked once more. "That Hana Shiroi is really infuriating, leaving a trash behind." Sugoi grinned then ate his fill.

Fuyu and Yun Ren Xie stopped using their chopsticks, both are pondering with different matters.

Hana Shiroi? I seem to know that name... Fuyu frowned, why does it sound familiar to him? Something from his childhood, he heard it before but still vague to remember.

"Brother Sugoi, the matter of the past is in the past. Present is present. Let's not bring it up." Yun Ren Xie lost her appetite. This Sugoi does look the same as Saito Hajime but this made her more annoyed. She stood up and left the yard, Fuyu stared at her departing figure, he wanted to follow her when Sugoi spoke something that aroused his cursioty.

"Younger Brother Fuyu, the name is familiar for you, right?" Sugoi smiled deviously and poured a cup of wine, he opened his palm and a jade thumb ring is on the center while three blue orbs floated around it. With a tight grip, Sugoi turned the jade thumb ring and orbs into specks of dust, letting it carelessly fall at the cup of wine, dissolving without a trace. "The truth lies behind this wine. Drink."

Fuyu hesitated for a bit, what truth does he need to know? However, he gradually drank the whole cup and the place around him changed.

Tall pillars made of golden dragons surrounded him, floor were in the color of red, all lamps were lit and the sound of a joyful banquet reached him.

He found out he was standing at the hallway where the main hall of his palace is. Just as he stopped inside the spacious room, a sight greeted him with extreme disbelief.

"Father.... Emperor..." he choked, the man at the center of the hall wide an exquisite dragon robe, white hair that illuminated the full moon, eyes were full of glee yet deep blue that were the same as the far ocean.

"We greet Emperor Subarashi and Empress Yuki a peaceful and better life! May Her Majesty bear the first prince!" all of the officials bowed respectfully.

"Brother! I have a present for sister in law!" a girl with the same features as Fuyu's father stepped in front while holding a perfume sachet and flute at hands. Both were handmade from the girl's power, each have elegant patterns carved.

"Sister Shiroi, it's very pretty!" Empress Yuki smiles from ear to ear as she accepted the gifts. Especially the flute, everyone knew she is talented in playing this instrument.

"My dear Yuki, would you play a song for me?" Subarashi tugged at Yuki's sleeves with teary eyes, his subjects have never seen him act spoiled before!