Chapter 11: The Emperor and I

"Hm? " Yun Ren Xie raised her brows. Baoshi was praising her the last time but now... how come she only complemented her skills with the word 'good'?

"But host! Prime Minister Li Si's favorability have increased to fifteen percent!" Baoshi smiled and wanted to see how surprised Yun Ren Xie will look like.

"What?! How did that happen?" Yun Ren Xie did not show a shock expression but she pulled a curious face instead.

Lightning struck her once she remembered what she said before fleeing from that place.

"Your such a charismatic person, host!"

Yun Ren Xie slowly turned at Baoshi with a pouted mouth and her face was dark.

Baoshi, I am a natural born beauty! Since birth, my family sugarcoated me with those coments. Charismatic is a common one.....

"Host? Did I do something wrong?" Baoshi stepped back when she felt something was off.

Yun Ren Xie have that very disappointed expression and tears running like water falls while she bit her lower lip. If this was in a manga, she was like a chibi whose crying with puppy eyes.

Yun Ren Xie wants to slap her face. She wants to make an excuse and leave a cool image to that Li Si, but she didnt expect to think of such way in complementing him. What gold eyes? What beauty? What treasure? He was like those concubines of the male lead in her story, very beautiful but inside were full of vicious thoughts in scheming the female lead.

But, those were honest words she said. When she created Li Si and let him have a few presence in some chapters, the readers kept requesting her to make a younger Li Si. His golden eyes and long green hair, along with some mesmarizing features, the girls bugged her so she decided to make one and it appeared at the introduction part of her manhua. Everyone was so pleased with Li Si's twenty-five years old appearance.

Ah, those times were unexpected. The rating went high and more donated for this manhua which she titled as "CEO of Ancient China". But this manhua was her last one. She remembered the half finished novel she made that happened to the neighboring Chu States before Qin Shi Huang unified the Seven Warring States.

This place...Yun Ren Xie thought,  I borrowed all of my ideas from my own world's past histories. Then, this also portrayed what occasions happened beyond the knowledge of historians. Might as well know why Qin Shi Huang is looking for an immortality pill.

"Baoshi, what does the Emperor Qin looks like?" Yun Ren Xie asked. A portrait of Qin Shi Huang was only her lead to what he really looks like. With the body of a fat old man with beard and thin phoenix eyes. Is he like that this time? She also created Qin Shi Huang's appearance in her manhua, but it is a fat old emperor like the ancient painting of him. That Emperor seems to be at his 40's..... Li Si, on the other hand, was younger than his 25 year old appearance. Then, the Emperor Qin must be at his teenage years.

"Emperor Qin? Hmmm...." Baoshi crossed her legs and closed her eyes. Her thoughts started to wander around  and reached towards Prime Minister Li Si's memories. She roamed around and saw his memory of last years Mid-Autumn Festival two years ago. The Emperor Qin at the age of eighteen sat on the dragon throne, his concubines were sitted on his left side but no Empress sat at the phoenix throne. The Emperor was watching all the officials chatter, glanced at the lovely maidens, and then his gaze swifted to Li Si. Emperor Qin was wearing a dark and purple robe, his beautiful purple eyes matched his dressing.

He was, undoubtley, a beauty no one can match!

Yun Ren Xie and Baoshi have some connection through mind and soul, thus, she can see how the Emperor looks like. But it only took her two seconds to have a look at the Emperor Qin because Baoshi needs to return to her body.

"That's the Emperor Qin?" Yun Ren Xie have second thoughts. Only those deep purple eyes is what she can remember. But the Emperor Qin she have drawn have ordinary hazel eyes! How come his appearance changed?

But the purple eyes she have seen, its somehow similar to Li Feng Qi...

"Host, that Emperor is too handsome!" Baoshi exclaimed.

Invading someone's memory is easy for her but what she have seen can be forgotten after an hour. Baoshi is now looking back again to what Emperor Qin looks like.

"Baoshi, is he a womanizer?" Yun Ren Xie rested on the bed. She was tired already. From what she knows about Li Feng Qi, he is a playboy. That was why, Yun Ren Xie rejected him, she have moved on years already but she really missed that man who she have loved for three years.

"Host, from what it looks like, he is a womanizer." Baoshi spoke more information about Qin Shi Huang but Yun Ren Xie have already closed her eyes and slept.

Few days have passed, Yun Ren Xie did not get bored though. Everyday, her hobby revolves to reading huabens that came from the capital and she also used Fang Ye Xue's skills in playing guqin.

She also discovered Gu Ling who have been watching her from the shadows. Gu Ling doesnt know that she have known that he was spying on her. He felt strange whenever he saw how Yun Ren Xie focused on playing the guqin, he was somehow feeling a hint of joy. Add on how relaxing she played the guqin, on how simple but beautifully she dressed, and how she was elegant in every way, he slowly formed the feeling of protection. Everyday his favorability increased in two percent, now, it was only five percent left to complete his love for Fang Ye Xue.

"Mei Xiang, can you fetch me my zither?" Yun Ren Xie called out her personal servant. Today, she will take control of Gu Ling! There was a large tree with peach blossoms and few little frost of snow on it, this tree have settled in her courtyard and she knew, Gu Ling is behind it. This tree is at the back her bedchamber.

Mei Xiang happily nodded, after a while, she have brought the guqin and Yun Ren Xie ordered her to place it under the lonely peach tree.

"Mei Xiang, tell father Im going to the capital tomorrow early in the morning. After that, go prepare our stuff." Yun Ren Xie commanded.

"Yes, miss." Mei Xiang complied and left.

Yun Ren Xie smiled and started playing the guqin.

It was a song in the modern times and she was unsure if when it was created, the title was Withered Dreams. Its muted lyrics touched Yun Ren Xie's heart and kept the song in her mind since she have heard of it.

Gu Ling who heard the first note of the song, leaned on the tree and closed his eyes while crossing his hands. He listened well.

Such a sad music, did she create this? He thought.

The cold breeze let the peach blossom fall. Both their dark long hair waved in response, their heart beats the same way. A maiden in simple way of clothing but beautiful characteristics with no make up played a sad music using the guqin, expecting someone to fall for her. A masked man in dark suit with handsome features listened to the deppressing music of the beautiful maiden, his heart itched and wants to ask her why she is playing such song.

Gu Ling, removed his mask and opened his eyes when the song have finished.