Chapter 143: Longing Chulian

Chulian is a name that Xiang Zihui gave her after the tragic massacre of Zhao Family, her real name is Zhao Xueye. Yun Ren Xie remembered how he spoke at that time with a hint of glee.

"I hate snow the most, you dont suit it! Why not let xiaoye (little master) rename you. Is Zhao Chulian better?"

The clueless child only nodded, she recalled how warm she felt from that time. Being named as First Love is too sweet for the young girl that she would often feel her face heat up everytime Xiang Zihui call her name and it eventually went to Ah Lian.

Yun Ren Xie stared at herself in the mirror. She had been having doubts in her thoughts, why is Fang Ye Xue, Xiao Bai Xue and Zhao Chulian having the same face as her's? Is this just a plain coincident?

"Young Miss, the meal has been prepared in Tao Courtyard." Xiao Hai informed her as she got outside the room, its been the sixth day since Xiang Zihui and Yu Heng's marriage. She heard he had stayed in the zhengfang (where the main wife lives) for the whole night. Yun Ren Xie recalled the night Xiang Zihui and Zhao Chulian slept on his own room, that accident shouldnt have occured if Zhao Chulian hadnt fainted.

The girl is too clueless when Xiang Zihui asked her to help him enter his room, she had helped out of worry but before Zhao Chulian can leave, her soul had drifted and locked inside the void. Yun Ren Xie had taken over Zhao Chulian's body afterwards but that is when they had already done the deed and she had no memories about it. Only Xiang Zihui knows.

However, guilt and remorse rose from Yun Ren Xie. If only Senior System hadnt removed Zhao Chulian's soul, Xiang Zihui might be able to control himself that night.

Yun Ren Xie shook her head and focused her attention around, Tao Courtyard is where they would eat meals. At spring, the withered trees of peach will blossom and its effloresce scent is what servants loved the most but Xiang Zihui never went here, he would often bring Zhao Chulian to Bai Zi courtyard where wisteria tree grows.

She suddenly went to a halt upon seeing Yu Heng and Xiang Zihui, they were already sitting there and chatting. He is quite responsive to Yu Heng, Xiang Zihui occassionally would smile at her. Yun Ren Xie heaved a sigh before greeting them.

"Goodmorning sister-in-law, brother Zihui." she calmly said, her smile is still sweet. Yun Ren Xie had started to suppress this emotions that is stirring her thoughts and she had restrained it. For five days of meeting the married couple, Yun Ren Xie had steeled her heart.

"Ah Lian, goodmorning." Yu Heng returned an amiable appearance while Xiang Zihui only nodded.

Yun Ren Xie is about to sit in front of Yu Heng when a man in dark garb came in and greeted them, he also turned to Zhao Chulian with a helpless smile.

"Sir Nian?" she is surprised, what could he be doing here? Yun Ren Xie paved his way and sat in front of Xiang Zihui instead, she doesnt want to be a burden between Nian Feng and Yu Heng.

"I called for him today to discuss some matters and it includes you." Xiang Zihui simply said, he didnt bother to look at her as he continued to eat few bites before continuing. "Eat first."

Yu Heng smiled even more as she gazed at Zhao Chulian as if hinting something. On the other side, Nian Feng hesitantly stared at the confused girl. He is unsure what will she feel once Xiang Zihui mention the matters.

"Ah Lian is already seventeen, right?" he suddenly spoke up and glanced at Zhao Chulian, she nodded her head while silently eating. "Yesterday, Nian Feng had come to ask for your hand in marriage and ben wang agreed. He is one of my trusted subordinate since ben wang is a child."

Yun Ren Xie stopped her movements when her chopsticks fell on the floor. Xiao Hai worriedly rushed at her young miss' side and picked the object while changing a new one.

"T-thank you." she smiled at Xiao Hai before turning at Nian Feng, what is he thinking?!

"Is there something wrong?" Yu Heng asked with concerned eyes, Yun Ren Xie felt like the crown princess had trully fallen for Xiang Zihui. She doesnt have any anger or jealous look in her eyes and it seemed like Yu Heng moved on.

However, what made Yun Ren Xie frustated is- Xiang Zihui moved before her and now, her main mission is about to be completed again by his help. She nodded her head, agreeing in the marriage. Once she became Nian Feng's fiancèe, Yu Lei wont have a chance to take him away since its also him who proposed.

Yu Heng suddenly felt her hand being squeezed, she glanced up at Xiang Zihui who had his eyes lowered. He had been holding her hand ever since Zhao Chulian entered Tao Courtyard, she have no idea why is he holding her like that. It was forceful and tight.

"Then its settled." Xiang Zihui smiled gently, it was rare for him to show such an amiable look. "Right, I'll be leaving with Nian Feng towards the border of Chen City nearby Han and Wei State. Take care of Ah Lian while Im gone." he faced Yu Heng, the girl hummed as answer before she gestured her maidservant.

The maid gave Yu Heng a warm cloak and she draped it over Xiang Zihui, he accepted the offer before leaving the courtyard with Yu Heng. Yun Ren Xie had been watching them the whole time, her lips quivered from muffling the cries she is about to spill.

"About the marriage-"

"Its fine." she cut off Nian Feng's apology. "I've been with dage since I was ten so there are some feelings I shouldnt have built. Sorry for witnessing my messy state."

"Ah Lian...." Nian Feng whispered her name from the thin air. "No worries, I can treat you the same as how Crown Prince did. Do you know why Im not affected much at Yu Heng being Crown Prince' wife?"

Yun Ren Xie gazed at him patiently as he wiped her tears that were bound to fall but Nian Feng shouldnt cross the line and embrace her. "Ah Lian helped me overcome it. From the night at Cai City, I realized Ah Lian's happiness can dismiss my sorrows. Can you do the same for me?" he showed a very gentle smile before removing his hand.

"Will try."

A few days later, New Year's Eve is about to arrive. Xiang Zihui and Nian Feng are going to leave but only Yu Heng saw them off, there were no signs of Zhao Chulian. Nian Feng entered his carriage, he refused to ride the steed since there are still some reports he need to read.

Just as he stepped inside, a small pair of hands covered his mouth and made him lean on the wooden wall. The familiar smell of wisteria drifted around him as he stared at the brave person.

He can laugh in his thought, this girl thinks it can stop him? Nian Feng removed Zhao Chulian's hand but he gripped both of it tightly as they changed position.