Chapter 132: Longing Chulian

Ying Zheng held his head while closing his eyes, an unexpected news came to him at the morning court, he had enough of the old foxes nagging him endlessly, saying he should reduce taxes to avoid more robberies or either raise the security around the capital. However, only those who are silent officials were secretly praised by him. They knew the robbery is not as simple as the others thought. Even him, Ying Zheng, is surprised. Li Si have a strong-armed manor, hundreds of guards were patrolling around his manor day and night. Shadow guards were scattered everywhere and are raised with great skills, how come a thief can enter without anyone detecting it?

He leaned his back on the chair, still refusing to open his sights. Ying Zheng is sure the 'thief' is not just a thief, it is capable of high martial arts but it did not kill or threatened Li Si's life. What does that martial expert want? When he asked Li Si earlier, that guy doesnt even know but stole a pink jade earing from the manor.

Pink jade earing?

Just as he opened his eyes, the door opened and a woman in light green hanfu entered. "Your Majesty, this concubine has come to...." Concubine Mu stammered for a while before her courage welled up, she breathed heavily and glanced at Ying Zheng. He is calm to wait for what she is about to say yet inside, Ying Zheng is frowning at how brave this little concubine dared to barge in his study.

"This concubine.... is expecting."

The soft words struck him, Ying Zheng's gaze became tender as he stood up. He is smiling gently, the girl is pulled into his embrace as he caressed the back of her head. "Have you been well?"

Concubine Mu is beyond happiness, she hugged him back while burrowing her head in his embrace. It worked well, as long as she bore a prince for Ying Zheng, as long as she resemble Empress Fang, it wont be long before he will give her the title of an empress.

Ying Zheng has been building illusions to compensate his loss two years ago, the girl he loved is gone and his obsession for Fang Ye Xue didnt stop there. He believed there is an immortal pill that can bring her back to death, Ying Zheng even asked monks how to bring a dead person back to life. Yet even how great his officials were trying to stop him, he doesnt care at all. His imperial harem were filled with women who have similarities as Fang Ye Xue, and Concubine Mu is one of them. She almost have the same looks as his Empress Fang.

That is why he favored her greatly even though sometimes he felt irritated at them. Now that Concubine Mu is pregnant, the obsession grew stronger. He will surely dote on her the most but Ying Zheng still doesnt have the plan to give Concubine Mu the title of an empress. Not until Fang Ye Xue's soul will occupy Concubine Mu's body.

Commoners call him mad privately, court officials named him insane parare, but most of them still obey him since Ying Zheng made their State flourish.

Yun Ren Xie sneezed all of a sudden, making Yu Heng stop her zither playing. "Ah Lian, are you alright?" she asked the girl who is smiling apologetically.

"Its fine jiejie, please continue." Yun Ren Xie covered her mouth with the wide sleeves while smiling sweetly but inside, she is irked. Who dares to talk back behind this great grandma?

Xiang Zihui raised an eyebrow, he was sure she is bothered about something. His gaze went back to Yu Heng who is plucking zither strings elegantly, the sweet music filled the courtyard with amusement.

"You should have invited me, ah." Jiang Yi Huai walked towards the parlour where the three are sitting, he sat beside Xiang Zihui and lifted a blue satchel for him to see.

"A satchel?"

"Guess." Jiang Yi Huai opened the pouch, a pair of pink lotus shaped earing were dangling in his grasp. Xiang Zihui flashed a satisfied look on his face, it only lasted for a second but Yu Heng have seen his pleased smile, she nearly stopped playing the guqin and quickly regained herself.

"When will it start?"

"Its better if we start for today, I already prepared herbal soups in order to make the progress shorter to two and a half week. However...." Jiang Yi Huai trailed off, he lowered his eyes to stare at the earing on his palm.

"Im going to get cured?" Yun Ren Xie asked with blissful expression, Jiang Yi Huai told her the medication has to start this afternoon.

"En. But Im going to warn you." he helped her sit on top of the bed, Jiang Yi Huai crushed one of the earings and as he opened his grasp, a small bead of scarlet pill appeared. "The procedures are going to hurt, I have to stay here to aleviate the pain. Do you trust me?"

She nodded her head in agreement, no matter what, she must endure! This is for the mission and it will also benifit her. "Good. Open your mouth and eat this pill. If you suffer headache, call out my name."

Yun Ren Xie obediently ate the given pill, it has no taste and seems normal but just as Jiang Yi Huai predicted, her eyes were like being pricked by needles and her head seems to be hammered intently. She clutched at the bed for support, her whimpers are being held back.

"Quick, drink this." Jiang Yi Huai sat beside her, he held her shoulder to help her lean. Just as the medicinal soup were finished, Yun Ren Xie's pain slowly vanished but she felt sleepy all of a sudden.

"Its fine to sleep. Thats normal." his light and coaxing voice made her drop dead, she is exhausted at such mental torture. When Jiang Yi Huai sensed she dozed off, he made her lay on the bed before he cleaned the mess of herbs. Jiang Yi Huai sighed in relief, he didnt expect such childish girl can actually persevere a great pain.

"How is she? I heard some cry inside, is she hurt? What does she need?" Xiang Zihui immediately asked just as he stepped out of the room.

"Calm down. Zhao Chulian wont die but there are side effects of immortal pill." Jiang Yi Huai spoke, both of them were walking out of the courtyard. "The healing process will hurt her too much that she needed immediate medication. If not, Im afraid she'll go insane from the pain after all, her mindset is of that a child which is the fatal risk."

"Then stay here for emergency." he responded, Xiang Zihui has been anxious for nothing. Jiang Yi Huai nodded in agreement, he have found a sideroom beside Zhao Chulian's bed chamber, only a thin oil paper screen seperating them.

"Zihui, what's your plan since we reincarnated here in the mortal world?" Jiang Yi Huai asked.

"My plan?" Xiang Zihui crossed his arms with a smile lingering on his face. "Originally, uncle Ximing Singjun wants us to reincarnate as Ying Zheng and Li Si. But he didnt predict we turned our soul half, in my perspective, I need to help Ying Zheng. Once I ascend to the throne, I need to remove all obstacles around us. Including this Seven Warring State, it must be unified, and I will be his right hand man, he will be the Emperor."