Chapter 12: The Emperor and I

Yun Ren Xie heard Baoshi's voice in her head and it carried a good news. Gu Ling have fallen for her! She silently stood up and wants to surprise Gu Ling then bid her farewell since she will move back to the capital and Gu Ling's master was still settling here. She remembered her second mission, save Li Si from a life and death trouble.

With a smile on her face, she jumped behind the tree hoping to give Gu Ling a fright. Unexpectedly, the person she was about to shock was in front of her and carelessly bumped on his chest. It was hard, losing balance from being hit, she sat in on the ground where grass and few snow have cuddled. Yun Ren Xie rubbed her head.

"So you knew?" Gu Ling's voice reached her ears.

"Ahaha.... since the last eight day." Yun Ren Xie raised her head without opening her eyes, smiling awkwardly while scratching her head.

Gu Ling's heart raced and thought she was cute. He reached out his hand to help the girl stand up. Fang Ye Xue, you are a beauty that can shake a country. No wonder your father, General Wang hid you from the shadows. Looks like he doesnt want to let you leave your household.

Gu Ling tittered at this thought. Seems like this girl he desired wont be his since he have given his life to Li Si and he is just a servant. The girl is a daughter of a powerful general and can be considered the Eldest Di, but where is her mother? He never knew if General Fang have married or not married his First Wife.

Yun Ren Xie heard his small laugh and opened her eyes, she was shock to the person in front of her. Gu Ling's mask was nowhere to be found, his face have been revealed! Thin lips, sharp nose, what a perfect look! She stared at him, not caring about his hand reaching out for her. So Gu Ling can be on par with that Li Si in terms of looks!

The man in front can feel someone staring at him, he opened his eyes. The dark iris of this girl flooded his thought, slowly drowning him letting himself fall carelessly.

Their eyes locked and another cool spring breeze whispered at them, the girl have a half opened mouth with a shocked look while the man only opened his eyes wide and his cheeks have turned red from blushing.

Gu Ling coughed and interrupted their stare. He moved his hand as a hint for Yun Ren Xie to reach out at him. Yun Ren Xie noticed it and saw how he blushed, she cant help but smile and reached to him. Gu Ling returned his serious look and slowly pulled Yun Ren Xie up like she will break apart once he pulls her up with more strength and faster speed.

Yun Ren Xie stood straight and pulled her hand back. "Im going back at the capital tomorrow. I played that song which carried the word 'farewell' and 'let go'." she said and glanced at Gu Ling.

"Why?" he asked. Li Si ordered him to look out at Yun Ren Xie, who knows when he will receive his retreatment order again.

"Your master, he have been nearly killed by a robber the night I disappeared from your sight. Protect him well, tell him the person he is looking for will see him back at the capital." Yun Ren Xie said in a normal tone.

What she does not know, Gu Ling's heart is slowly breaking. He thought that Yun Ren Xie cared for his master, he never cared about the other words she said. Protect his master well? This were the only words that stabbed his heart. He supressed his anger, its a farewell then.

Gu Ling nodded, he walked towards Yun Ren Xie's side. He tugged the few hair strands of Yun Ren Xie behind her ears. "Then, goodbye." Gu Ling spoke, in a gentle deep voice but it carried the hint of sadness.

Yun Ren Xie felt guilty, is this what the system wants? She is angry inside her. Yun Ren Xie quickly lifted her hands and caught Gu Ling's palm, pressing it on her cheek. She smiled sweetly, "Thank you for guarding me. Will we meet again?"

"Young Miss! General Wang has arrived and requested to see you!" Mei Xiang's voice shouted in the front of her courtyard.

This will be the last time he can see her again. The man felt how smooth her skin was, that smile eased his heart a bit. He did not answer and pulled his hand back. Without a word, he vanished.

The maiden stood there alone.

"Xiao Xue, why would you like to go to the capital? Have you missed your grandparents already?" Fang Wang Zhen have a cheerful aura.

Yun Ren Xie turned and saw her father, she quickly bowed, "Father." she said and smiled.

"Rise my dear daughter." he said.

"Infact, Im turning sixteen this year father. And also, in the next two days, the Lantern Festival will happen. Father, have you forgotten?" Yun Ren Xie tittered. Such a special occassion but her father have forgotten about it because of his work.

"Aiya, this old man is really forgetful." Fang Wang Zhen shaked his head. He's really getting old.

"Will you come, father?"

General Fang sighed, "My dear daughter, I cannot attend until the next month." he said while stroking his small beard and walked towards the peach tree. Suddenly, he leaped upwards and came down.

Yun Ren Xie was surprised when he saw what his father is holding. A dark veil that is familiar to her.

"Ah, my daughter have a suitor already?" he asked with a smile.

He saw how shock his daughter is.

"I thank father for finding this veil. I have been searching for it but sadly, I cant find it  anywhere this few days." Yun Ren Xie reasoned out. She took the veil and bowed at her father.

Fang Wang Zhen, however, did not believe it. The smell of it is manly and not from a lady. He decided to let it go, soon, he will surely find out who that man is.

The next morning, Yun Ren Xie bid her farewell at her father. She travelled back to the capital early in the morning. She slept for a while when she felt the carriage stopped. Have they arrived already?

"Mei Xiang, have we arrived?" she rubbed her eyes while yawning.

No one answered her. She raised her brow. Why was it quiet? "Mei Xiang?" she called out once more. Still, silence only responsed to her calling.

The curtain lifted and a man with dark suit entered. He have long ebony hair tied in a ponytail. Pale white skin, long dark lashes, and thin pink lips. The right corner of his lips have blood stains. His eyes met Yun Ren Xie. With something familiar with the man, she spoke out the name of a certain person. "Li Feng Qi?"

Right, the man's eyes were deep purple. But she doenst know why she felt familiar with it, like she have seen it elsewhere. However, why does he have a bit of similarity to Li Feng Qi?