Chapter 136: Longing Chulian

There was once an Emperor, cold and ignorant. He is also bold enought to spy on other countries and one night, the Emperor's movement were caught as numerous assassins chased over him until he reached the border. He had sent a letter to his right hand man to come and retrieve him but that man didnt appear on the day they were suppose to meet outside the tall wall. The Emperor assumed something must have troubled his right hand man, he entered his country without anyone's help and wandered to the border to find if the commoners are lacking something.

After a few days, he had run out of patience and his right hand man never arrived. The Emperor was chased by countless specialty soldiers and he ended up injured gravely. He met a girl, stubborn and unafraid of death. The girl is a pampered young miss, much beautiful than his concubines. She helped him escape from death's door, both of them travelled back to the capital while concealing his identity as a businessman.

Just the night they arrived in the capital, it was the time where Lantern Festival is being celebrated. He tried his best to show all his gratitude, a plum carving is the first gift and he knew it wasnt worth much but the girl eventually loved it that her eyes were sparkling. The Emperor found himself feeling happy around the girl, he left to buy a lantern for both of them but after he returned, what he saw made him realize something.

The girl is smiling from ear to ear, she is even holding another man's hand and seemed to be deep in their conversation. The Emperor wanted to take the girl and pull her but the other man acted quickly and took the girl to another place he doesnt know. He saw the plum carving he bought for her, lying on the wooden plank of the bridge. It broke his heart too much, he vowed to find the girl and make her stay by his side in force or not, he doesnt care.

Their path departed just like that, almost a month have passed. His twentieth birthday banquet came and used this occassion to lure the young miss out and he eventually guessed right. The girl is named Fang Ye Xue, a hidden young mistress inside a general's household. He lost interest in everything quickly and dismissed the banquet, the Emperor only chose the girl as his future concubine. He is interested in her, the girl is eccentric, ruthless, cold and arrogant but what roused his attention is from how she declined him even if later on, she found out he is their emperor.

He asked her to become his concubine but the girl didnt agree. The Emperor was raged at first but after calming himself, he directly made her his palace musician. She was caged inside a palace he chose personally, she became his new amusement and afterwards, the interest in his heart grew stronger. When he found out she escaped the palace, the Emperor nearly rushed inside the Fang residence but he knew his limit so he waited patiently.

When the Emperor saw her climbed the roof, his heart calmed down but upon seeing how seductive she looked the way she dressed herself, he was angered of the thought she went out to find another man. He is the emperor, highly respected by noble men and loved by pampered young missess yet the girl turned deaf and blind before him. What does she want in order to make her stay at his side forever?

In their fight, the girl never wanted to see him again. Fear crept his heart once he thought she will surely leave him one day if he continue being stubborn and force himself to her. A few days later, he heard that she got drunk. The Emperor was ignorant to think she is guilty for what she did to him but upon hearing a man's name come out from her mouth, his illusion shattered.

Nevertheless, he didnt leave her side. The Emperor thought she must have lost her chastity to someone else and while she is unconscious, he checked her elbow. A red mark is still on her arm, proving she is pure. Once again, the Emperor thought she is preserving it for someone. He cant be that lenient anymore, the moment the girl waked up and after consuming the medicine, he stole a kiss from her.

She didnt retaliate. The Emperor was beyond happiness! This is a great progress for him, when one day, he asked her out and the girl agreed, the Emperor felt like he is in Heaven.

The moment she confessed her love in such bashfulness, he just laughed at her. Both of them should have a great time, the Emperor brought her to a place only he knew. Where wisteria grew and coated warmly by the sight of snow with the setting sun. He thought, this girl doesnt deserve to be just a concubine, she must have everything! The luxury, carefree life and even the title of an Empress. How he wanted to ask but before he can, the girl embraced him warmly as they spun.

He wanted to reciprocate when a warm liquid poured through his hand. The Emperor wanted to bring her down the place for a physician to check on her wound but the girl asked for him to stay. Her eyes were longing for the beautiful wisteria blossoms that were draping over them, even the coldest snow became her delight.

His heart went cold, how he wished the time should stop and give the girl enough life to be with him. Even just for an hour, he prayed to the deities above, held his tears and appeared calm beside her. However, it was unfortunate the girl died in his arms within a stick of incense. She didnt hear him plead to come back, she didnt feel his heartache for leaving him behind, she wasnt able to witness his desperate call. The girl in the end, never became his Empress who can serve by his side for a lifetime.

He didnt let go even in her death, she became his Empress eventually. The palace she lived before is renovated, adorned by countless treasures, he went as far as he could to bring her back. He was called insane for believing there is an immortal pill that can bring her back but to no avail, it didnt happen.

Thr Emperor built an illusion by taking in concubines who were similar as his late Empress. Until one day, a monk came, saying his Empress is just a half of the real soul. The monk mentioned he will meet the half of Empress Fang's soul in a bloody scene that day.

He believed this and went outside, the Emperor disguised himself as a commoner until he heard a commotion. That is when he met Zhao Chulian, a girl who looked exactly the same as his Empress.

Yun Ren Xie blinked her eyes after listening to Ying Zheng's story, she never thought he's gone so much pain. His gaze settled on her but never spoke.

"Even so if Im Empress Fang's other half... I.... I had someone else in my heart."