Chapter 128: Longing Chulian

Yun Ren Xie slowly walked straight and stopped after a few step. She have a bad feeling about what he is going to say.

"This prince is going to Qin State the day after tomorrow, be ready and pack your things up. Nian Feng, you should come over as well with your troupes to guard the way. We will return after four weeks."

Four weeks, Nian Feng knew the New Year will arrive. Moreover, he speculated that barbarians would choose this time to attack. Both him and Xiang Zihui would have to participate.

However, the girl is not as calm as Nian Feng. By the New Year, Yu Lei will transmigrate. What a headache, ah! If she wont have the ability to stop the early death of the current Yu Lei, then she would have to do all she can to suppress Nian Feng and Yu Lei's upcoming fate. At that day, she is able to restore her eyesight which will give her more access. As to how will she use Zhao Chulian, Yun Ren Xie will simply act spoilt as she can to seperate them both, maybe even burrowing Xiang Zihui's authority to find a wang fei for Nian Feng.

After she agreed, Nian Feng was escorted back by a eunuch while Yun Ren Xie is carried by Xiang Zihui until they reached the carriage. She did not resist which made her confused. When they were inside the study, she clearly feared Xiang Zihui but why is it when he hold her this close made her feel secured, comfortable and bashful.

When Xiang Zihui is about to put her down, he stole a glance at the girl and to his surprise, she is sleeping in his arms. As expected, with such childish temper, it is easy to coax her like this. Xiang Zihui have seen her nervousness previously even though he doesnt know why, but her mood changes quickly. Look! Zhao Chulian is sleeping in his arms peacufully like an infant!

He decided not to wake her up and cuddled her instead. Xiang Zihui let her sit on his lap while her body leaned on his chest. All through out the journey, he is having a troubled look on his face while Yun Ren Xie is sleeping with no care. The ride is bumpy, he regretted placing her on top of his lap but what can he do? Xiang Zihui just hope she would wake up soon.

But no, she did not open her eyes at all. He can only curse and tighten his grip on her body as he breath heavily. Xiang Zihui closed his eyes tightly, he cant still escape since Zhao Chulian's sweet fragrant lingered.

The whole night, he is tortured. Just as they returned in his estate, Xiang Zihui sent her inside her courtyard before he rushed in his residence and have a cold bath. That time, he eventually dozed off and dreamt of Zhao Chulian, she have her small cute face that were blushing endlessy. He have the urge to pinch her cheeks but when he reached his hands out, Xiang Zihui woke up from the dream.

He stared at his hand, its almost close! Xiang Zihui could have touched her soft skin but no.

Yun Ren Xie had Xiao Hai prepare her luggage as they waited for Xiang Zihui's servant to guide them.

However, they never thought Xiang Zihui himself will come and a woman is by his side. Xiao Hai paid her respect to them before glancing at the woman next to Xiang Zihui, she is wearing a light purple hanfu that were the same as Xiang Zihui's dark wisteria garb. In one look, people would assume they are couple, a charismatic girl and a handsome man side by side with the same attire, isnt this a match made from heaven?

"Ah Lian, this is your jiejie, Yu Heng." he coughed to enlighten the mood. Xiang Zihui can see how Yu Heng showed a timid attitude, she is really afraid to provoke him. Now that he presented Zhao Chulian as his sister, Yu Heng feared that the girl would eventually make her life hard.

"My.... jiejie?" Yun Ren Xie blanked out for a moment before she smiled from ear to ear. "Are you Brother Zihui's wife? Im glad I have a new playmate!" she immediately grabbed Yu Heng's hand which shocked the girl.

"Ben wang will explain later." Xiang Zihui leaned closer to Yu Heng, whispering the words to her ear. She nodded slowly and flashed a bright smile, this Ah Lian seems childish and easy to cope with. But Yu Heng is still reluctant to stay close with her, who in the royal family have no mask to wear? What if this Ah Lian is the same as them?

Yu Heng stared at Zhao Chulian for a while when she saw the empty limpid eyes of the girl. Is she blind? Maybe that is what His Highness wants to explain.

As they walked towards the carriage outside the estate, Yun Ren Xie and Yu Heng were immensed in a conversation that they found each other interesting.

"Ah Lian, you have to stay in a different carriage." he spoke up when they halted their step, the girl nodded in agreement and went inside with the help of Xiao Hai.

Inside Xiang Zihui's carriage, he is simply sitting comfortably while reading a book in his hands. The silence made Yu Heng nervously wring the handkerchief in her hands.

"How old are you again?" Xiang Zihui did not bother to look up as he asked Yu Heng.

"This girl.... this girl is nineteen Your Highness."

"Then, have you heard the Zhao Family's demise seven years ago?" he slowly closed the book while staring at the girl, his eyes were empty yet cold, Yu Heng feared him too much that she lowered her head.

"Yes." she still remember, Yu Heng is just a twelve year old young miss at that time and servants often gossip around. Zhao Family sided in the first prince' faction, the first son of Emperor Yu, Xiang Xuan. When the fifteen year old Xiang Zise is announced as the crown prince, Xiang Xuan tried to use Zhao Family's background to suppress his uncle. For a fifteen year old boy like Xiang Zise able to earn merits in different ways, he is not someone to mess with but the first prince did. In the end, Zhao Family and Xiang Xuan perished within a flash.

There is also a rumour that she heard, Crown Prince Xiang Zise set the Zhao Family's estate into fire. None survived other than the eldest di, Zhao Chulian who is saved personally by the crown prince. Yu Heng gasped as she connected the dots, could it be...

"Ah Lian is the eldest di of the previous Right Prime Minister Zhao. After this prince took her out, her eyes got blind, she even attained a head injury. Its no use raising your guard to a girl whose mindset is equal to a child." Xiang Zise glanced sideways, the fluttering curtain were lifted by the soft wind and a mesmerizing view of white coated field entered his sight. He still remembered when Zhao Chulian often asked him how beautiful and how colorful is the world behind her dark and lonely eyesight.

Xiang Zihui dazed blankly, its only a matter of time. Zhao Chulian will be cured, only if they are able to find that pill.