Chapter 19: The Emperor and I

Yun Ren Xie got tired from running, trying to catch up at Li Si's carriage. She leaped up and successfully entered the carriage. A small thud still cant escape Li Si's hearing. A smile formed on his face, the closed eyes opened in a slow motion, his golden coloured eyes shot a glance at the courtain. Clearly, he was expecting it to be lifted and the image of that mysterious girl entering his carriage made him feel excited. The curtain lifted but its not the person he have been longing for.

"Master, this subordinate heard a sound from this carriage." Gu Ling entered, his usual half covered face is now openly revealed.

"There's nothing wrong happened. Return back quickly." Li Si waved his hand in disappointment.

Gu Ling complied and disappeared out of thin air. Li Si sighed inwardly. "That girl..... when will I see her again?" he peeked outside the carriage and his eyes went fixed to the crescent moon.

"Aiya! I never expect Li Si the Great Coward will be yearning for me." a feminine voice that was familiar to Li Si spoke from behind him. The cold and crisp tone that haunted him, he turned back, the same slim figure of a girl stood still at the other side of the carriage.

Yun Ren Xie have not forgotten to wear a veil and upon excitement to show up, she picked the dark veil Gu Ling have left which she hid inside her consciousness.

Li Si stared at the girl when he noticed something different. "Your eyes.." its an incomplete sentence he spoke off but there's a bit of questioning tone.

"Oh, only when I get blood thirsty that it changed colours. Want to see it?" her voice were a bit threatening, Yun Ren Xie only wanted to see the man's helpless look.

"Right."

Stunned, Yun Ren Xie tilted her head as if measuring Li Si whether he is joking or just honest. His answer is unexpected though.

Seeing her confused and measuring gaze, Li Si just waved his hand. A familiar silhouette appeared inside the carriage. Yun Ren Xie settled her eyes on those onyx coloured iris. She did not expect that this man would appear with just a silent and small move.

"You want us to fight?" she mocked.

"You have guessed right. Fight with my right-hand man once we reach my courtyard. There's a training ground inside."

Gu Ling glanced at the girl, accidentally meeting her cold gaze. His eyes stared at the dark veil she was wearing. A sudden burst of emotion welled up in him once he find the small embroidery on the veil, it was the shape of that chrysanthemum in black.

Yun Ren Xie casted her gaze away then turned at Li Si who have closed his eyes. "I will wait then." she said and disappeared.

Li Si opened his eyes, darting his soft, gentle gaze outside. It was his first time to almost stop a girl from leaving. He have held this urge back then when the girl have spoken. "What could be her name?"

On the other side, Gu Ling watched his master exude the aura of loneliness. "Master, I cant fight her." he blurted out, afraid of hurting Fang Ye Xue, he decided to refuse his master's order even if he knows what the consequences are.

Hearing the disobedience of his servant, Li Si frowned. Gu Ling have already returned to the shadows.

Entering his own courtuard, Li Si walked faster until he reached the training ground. His heart started to sunk as he went closer to the ground behind his room. What if she gets bored and left?

He turned to another direction and successfully reached the training ground.

"You still want to kill me, huh?" a familiar girl in dark cloth grumbled. In the middle of the ground, ten hidden guards were sprawled and a girl with average height occupied herself in kicking and cursing the helpless hidden guards.

"Come on! Stand up and kill me! You bastards! How dare you steal my veil!" she continued shouting.

One of the hidden guards crawled at her direction, raising his hands, a dark veil is given to the girl. She harrumphed and wore the given veil.

"Girl, I want to see your face." Li Si who recovered from his surprise, called out in excitement.

Yun Ren Xie turned, her piercing bloody iris flashed under the moon's cold and pale light, her gaze emitted extreme frigid aura as it met Li Si's warm and gentle stare with his honey coloured eyes. Gu Ling who saw this can only shook his head and pull out a sly smile. Finally, his master found someone who can be on par with his true algid side. No, maybe that girl is even ferocious than his master. He was disappointed, that girl is far from what he imagined her to be. Its even more discouraging to know that there really will be a low chance for him to win her heart and attention.

"You really match it." Li Si was enticed by the girl's bone-chilling look. He really have the strong desire to remove the veil.

"Uh.... Apology for making your guards crippled. But dont worry! They can get up after a few weeks of rest!" Yun Ren Xie waved her hands, letting her guilt show up from her actions. Never did she thought that a certain person will take advantage of it.

"Too bad, I only have one hidden guard left to protect me this month." the quick witted fox, Li Si, shakes his head while closing his eyes. He knows how to catch a falling blessing since its only once and you wont be so sure when will it befall again.

Yun Ren Xie felt she just dug her own grave. But when she thought of the situation, she can take this as a stepping stone for finishing the first mission! "If you dont mind, I'll be your hidden guard until all of them have healed!" she said. Her eyes were fixed on the expressionless Li Si. One of the conscious hidden guards wants to protest and reached up his hand to pull the girl's leg and finish her. Unfortunately, Yun Ren Xie saw something move from her side, in her sudden fright, she sent a heavy kick to the moving object.

She stopped, only to notice that it was a head that she kicked, the ground even made small crack.

Li Si raised one of his brows and stared at the girl. Its no doubt that the hidden guard have died. Yun Ren Xie squatted down, poking the head. In her panic, she accidentally exerted more strength that the head flipped. A sound of bone being broken made Li Si curious even more. The hidden guard's neck is also injured from her kick.

Gu Ling who was watching the scene below him made his brows furrow. It was like the late dangerous and chilling side of that girl were just a show now that it turned into an innocent young girl.

"What's your name?" Li Si asked. He was really eager to uncover eveything he gets interested to.

"Im... just call me Yun Ren Xie." she responded, half daze, half awake. Neither does she know why she answered him honestly.