Chapter 9: The Emperor and I

In Bao Lian courtyard, the sight is quiet mesmarizing! Plum trees have a never ending blossoms of its flower which flaunted its sweet scent. The running water from the man made pond made such relaxing sound and its lotus flowers waved to the breeze while carrying its scent along with the plum's. The pavillion in the middle of the pond have a beauty resting on it. The moon is shining brightly and helped the beauty show off her white skin.

Yun Ren Xie opened her eyes. That dream..... She stood up and went inside her room. She grabbed her pouch and peeked at the moongate. There were some guards standing outside and some were passing by. Yun Ren Xie frowned and went back to the courtyard. She kept walking around while holding her chin.

"Damn! I need to get that earing! But this place is guarded tightly." she whispered in gritted teeth.

She decided to climb the wall but it was tall and this place is dark. Wait, dark?

Yun Ren Xie hurriedly hid behind a stone and tapped her wrist lightly. She disappeared just after a second. A man with long dark hair in a black suit stared at the girl who went at the back of a stone, his dark onyx eyes never blinked and expected her to come out. But its been two sticks of incense yet there's still no sign of that girl showing up!

He furrowed his brows and stealthily leaped in front of the stone. The man slowly walked to the other side and have full hopes that the girl was there. He quickly turned but there was nothing.

"Wha....." his mouth opened in surprise. How come she is not here? He have been staring at the stone for ten minutes but there's no sign of the girl coming out! He decided to retreat and tell this to his master. But will his master believe him? Forget it. He must keep this a secret. Prime Minister Li Si never liked being joked around. He (Li Si) might think that this hidden guard was fooling him in order to delay this mission.

The hidden guard decided to wait for that girl's arrival. Somehow, he feels like his heart is about to explode! It was beating fast and his mind is uneased. Is he worrying about that girl?

Meanwhile, in Yun Ren Xie's consciousness...

"Cant believe this can work!" Yun Ren Xie smiled at Baoshi who is giggling.

Yun Ren Xie entered her consciousness and continued to walk inside while looking at the monitor. It was like she was also walking on the outside world. She can feel the cool breeze while walking at the lake garden of the General's Manor. She can hear the spring cicadas midnight singing.

Yun Ren Xie's cloth had turned to a modern dark suit. A short, fitted shirt and jacket.

"Host, Gu Ling's favorability has increased to 20%!" Baoshi exclaimed and cupped her small porcelain face.

"Thats good." Yun Ren Xie was focusing on remembering the place where the Prime Minister Li Si's mansion is. He might be staying at the prefect's manor? But what did Baoshi said? "What?" she asked back.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you host that each mission have progress bars. You must reach fifty percent each to complete the first mission."Baoshi explained.

"Hm? Why does it have to be 50% percent only? " Yun Ren Xie turned to Baoshi. The monitor's gleam showed her curious expression.

"Host, it said 'capture the heart of Gu Ling, Li Si and the Emperor Qin'. Fifty percent is the sign where each person will take you in their heart. If its 50-70 percent, they will love you in this life. 71-90 percent, they will love you for eternity. Its common for mortals to reach the 50% of love and attraction, this can result to a happy family and also a fragile relationship. Only hundreds out of trillion mortals can advance at the 70%. And I have never heard of anyone even the immortals, reaching to 75% and above. So seducing each superior male leads are easy tasks, unless its a stone cold person."

"Is that so...... Great! Must make a plan soon. " Yun Ren Xie continued walking. "Say, the Heaven can revive the dead, right?"

"Not sure, but host, you want that to happen once completing all tasks, right?" Baoshi mentioned. A surge of negative energy entered Baoshi's body. She trembled all of a sudden. So maybe her guess is true. She might be the lege-

"Found it!" Yun Ren Xie spoke out of nowhere and the negative energy retreated.

Baoshi peeked at the monitor. It was the courtyard where Yun Ren Xie first rested.

"Baoshi, can you find the pink jade earing Fang Ye Xue have worn that night?"

The little fairy nodded. Both of them stepped outside. Baoshi's eyes turned blue and her eyes roamed around the place. It returned to the usual black iris with her face panicking. "Host! Its inside the target's room. And he is currently taking a bath."

Yun Ren Xie stared at her with that weird smile. "Err... host? " Baoshi did not undertsand what she just told Yun Ren Xie.

"You just peeked at a man whose taking a bath!" Yun Ren Xie pointed at her with her grin getting bigger.

"Aaah! No, host... its... its a misunderstanding! I... I did not see anything!" Baoshi's pale face flushed red and she disappeared.

She returned to her consciousness but cant find where Baoshi is. "Hey, Baoshi! I dont know where the Prime Minister's room is! Can you show up and tell?" she teased.

"I.... I wont show up!" Baoshi was stubborn. She had been embarrassed and her face is still red. The truth is, Baoshi only heard a the maid saying that his bath is ready. She saw the Prime Minister Li Si dismissed the servants and he walked towards the tub where at that time, Baoshi can see him. Also, Li Si took a pouch out of his white robe. He opened it and there she saw the pink jade earings. What surpised her is that, there's something strange about that earing. If only she can touch it to settle her curiosity, but it was at the hand of a martial artist. Li Si started to undress and showed his white chest but he stopped. He felt someone staring at him right at the closed window. Baoshi was horrified when Li Si made an eye contact with her.

She retreated her vision since he is starting to remove his clothes and his stare is scary even though his not an immortal cultivator from where Baoshi came from.

Baoshi told Yun Ren Xie where Li Si's courtyard is. Just as Yun Ren Xie is about to enter the room, "Host, this Prime Minister seems strange. Just watch out from him." Baoshi spoke.

"Yeah, sure." Yun Ren Xie thought it was funny. "Just sleep so that I will be assured when I enter his room. Who knows if you started peeking again." she teased, reminding Baoshi of how white Li Si's chest area.

"Host! Then I'll sleep!"

Silence....

When she cant feel and hear Baoshi's presence, Yun Ren Xie entered the room from its wall. She looked around and saw the pink jade earing. Yun Ren Xie felt something strange at the sight of that earing. Something that is pressuring her just a bit.....