Chapter 27: The Emperor and I

Yunling stopped, she glanced at her young miss with a worried face. After the Imperial Concubine shouted, a pair of guards came in as they grab Yun Ren Xie, even Yunling was not spared.

"Give them fifty sticks of beating!" Imperial Concubine Zhao screamed. She glared at Yun Ren Xie, her gaze full of anger and contempt.

Yun Ren Xie showed a flushed appearance while being dragged outside by the guards but deep inside, she is smiling. She can just call her shadow entity and use him to kill this guards.

They were dragged outside and forcefully made them lay on the snowy ground. "Young Miss! Please let go of my master! Im the one who slapped your maid! You dont need to punish my young miss!" Yunling pleaded while tears are being held in her eyes.

"Ha! Now you know how to fear?! Guards, beat them to death! Haha!" the palace maid whose face is swollen laughed insanely.

The Imperial Concubine smiled at the result, "Let's go." she said. As they left the Snow Lotus Palace, the guards started to beat Yunling with a plank. Yun Ren Xie is about to call her shadow entity when the guard beat her also. She groaned in pain as it struck her body, Yun Ren Xie was really pissed.

"Stop!" a sharp cold voice called out from behind. The guards subconsciously dropped the wooden planks and kneeled on the ground.

Yun Ren Xie raised her head only to meet a pair of frigid deep purple orbs. "Who ordered you to do this?!" his voice made the four guards shiver.

Yun Ren Xie glanced at her unconscious maid. Yunling have been struck ten times, its hard for her since she is just a normal girl. Unknown to Yun Ren Xie, her eyes went bloody red as she glared at the four guards who are being pulled mercilessly by a group of shadow guards.

"Does it hurt?" Ying Zheng scooped her from the ground, currently carying Yun Ren Xie in a bridal style.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, her body is turning heavy once more while her head started to ache. "Cure.... Yunling. Help her." she barely said and closed her eyes.

Ying Zheng helplessly glanced at her, his lips formed into a line. "Eunuch Song, deal with Imperial Concubine Zhao. Also, bring imperial physicians here and let them diagnose that maid and Fang Ye Xue."

"This servant obeys." Eunuch Song said and left. Its no doubt the Emperor have liked this young maiden from the General's Mansion.

After a day of full rest, Yun Ren Xie woke up from a start when Baoshi kept shouting in her consciousness. "What is it?" she asked back. Inside the void, Baoshi have a vexed face as she flew around.

"Host! Prime Minister Li Si got ambushed at the mountain behind the capital! He is currently resting inside a log cabin on top of the mountain, Gu Ling is severely injured and kept stalling the assassins! Li Si is about to lose his life!"

The news got Yun Ren Xie dumbstruck. Her eyes went cold, "Tell me the direction." she said, her clothes changing back into the dark suit and Gu Ling's veil on her face.

Meanwhile, at the log cabin's doorstep, a man in yellow robes with bloodstains all over his body was breathing heavily. It is no other than Prime Minister Li Si. He have received a lot of deep wounds on him, all kept bleeding but he doesnt mind. The only thing inside his heart and thoughts is the image of a girl in dark suit with peircing bloody red iris who mocked him but really cared for him. She even promised to be his hidden guard for three weeks, but where is she now?

Li Si lost his strength as he lay flat on the snowy land. His usual bright golden orbs became lifeless, he stared nonchalantly at the starry sky above him. "Yun Ren....Xie....." he said between heavy breathes.

"Yes?" a familiar feminine voice reached his ears. He was surprised but laughed inwardly after hearing it. He might be hallucinating now? That girl Yun Ren Xie is always bland and cold, how will it carry the tone of worrying?

"I might be crazy now..." he said weakly. Li Si closed his eyes and was about to give his goodbye when he heard that voice again. Shouting, telling him he is an idiot or so. He wanted to open his eyes but to no avail, everything went black.

"Damn! Baoshi, did I came late?" Yun Ren Xie asked in her consciousness. Her face turned pale once she saw Li Si closing his eyes, she busied herself in killing the assassins with her skills along with her shadow entity only to find Gu Ling unconscious from being exhausted and now, her target is in the brink of death!

"Host, I know another way but its very dangerous." Baoshi said after hesitating. The method she knew about is not something to trifle with especially in this manner of time, her host is experiencing headache and the multiple pain of her shadow entity but she knew she is stubborn. If they use that method, her host will become frail and die easily...

"Tell me."

"But host, its very dangerous!" Baoshi pleaded but her pleading is useless when she saw the adamant look in her red bloody orbs. "Fine, but let me tell you how much it costs. With the two of them that you need to save, judging from their state, 90% of Fang Ye Xue's lifespan will be transferred to them. Just looking at Li Si, he is about to die after a few minutes and even Gu Ling, if we dont save him, he will turn into a vegetable person. Only leaving 10% of lifespan, this body can only leave for a few years not exceding five. If host gets poisoned, even if its only a bit harmful, host will die instantly. Just a single yet bloody wound, it can also kill host. Is host that determined?"

Yun Ren Xie went quiet for a few seconds and then she said, "Tell me how."

"Host, you need to place your palm on both of them, tell me when to transfer its lifespan and I will directly transfer it."

Yun Ren Xie followed, placing both her palms on their chest. "Transfer." she said. She felt something inside her is being pulled out, her body became cold but she broke out from sweat all over her forehead. The heat have left her, a bone-chilling breeze kissed her exposed skin and its enough to make her shiver, even at the edge of losing consciousness.

She is still stubborn and kept awake. When the process is done, a hot and cold sensation crept all over her. She rolled uncontrollably on the ground while hugging herself, it was enough to drive her nuts. "Bear with it, bear with it!" she gritted her teeth until the colliding sensation dispersed.

"Host, I think its also the side effect of the sudden change." Baoshi worriedly said.

"Its fine, can you help me take them inside?" Yun Ren Xie wiped her sweat.

"Yun Ren Xie?" Gu Ling slowly woke up, he stared at the girl in dark suit before him. She was sitting on the snowy ground while panting heavily, he wondered why is she breathing like that.