Chapter 73: Little Sun

For a week, Chisona Taiyo fell unconscious. Yun Ren Xie sealed herself inside her consciousness to recover and calm her bloodthirst.

Little did she know, Seimei have been guarding her. During days, he would order around the maids to clean Chisona Taiyo and let physicians check on her while he needs to manage the estate, even practicing more seals to become stronger. When dusk paved its way, Seimei would stay inside the chamber and guard Chisona Taiyo.

When Yun Ren Xie opened her eyes, the first person she saw is Seimei who is sleeping at her bedside. Currently leaning at the wooden pillar while his arms were crossed.

"He shouldnt have liked me, I mean Chisona Taiyo." she whispered before slowly sitting upright then setting her back at the headboard.

"A person falling inlove is equivalent to two things with different ending." System voiced out.

"Your right. Pity." Yun Ren Xie shortly answered. She knew if a person falls inlove, it could be either he will get it back in return or get used. Seimei is at the worst position if he does, Yun Ren Xie will only take advantage of his love and the result can be unlikable.

"Host needs to take control of him for a better result."

"Senior System, I think we both have the same kind of thoughts." she sneered. "I would like to see you one day."

System shrugged his shoulders, he was an immortal with great gifts since birth, respected and loved. How can this hundred year old immortal be brazen to order him around, he who is more venerated amongst the immortal princes aside from his younger brother.

"If Host insists. Lets make a deal."

"Agree."

"For the next two trials, Host shouldnt act out of character."

"What?!"

"Does Host want to see me?"

"No thanks." she frowned, if she acted as an OOC character, it wont limit her achievements and skills however, if she followed System's condition....

Definitely hard to finish the mission and expect more cliche that'll happen, dog blood and less seriousness in her job.

"Host should know that I am almost in par with the God of War Xie Hongse. To be able to witness my true form, consider yourself blessed by the heavens."

Pondering for a while, she nodded. If her OOC attitude is restricted in the next two trials then she would just try to change her new host's stance until it met her true attitude.

"Senior System, make Seimei sleep deeply tonight."

"Done."

Yun Ren Xie stood up and moved Seimei's body, making him lay on the bed. After pulling the covers, she went to her table to write a letter for Fuyu when she noticed stacks of files on her desk. Reading the context, she glanced at the silent Seimei with surprise.

It was the book Way of Yin and Yang, a more precise lesson of divination that the original book in Earth.

Suddenly, a wave of memories drifted in her thought. In the real history, Abe no Seimei has a human father from the Abe clan while his mother is believed to be a kitsune. She left him to the father side in order to make Seimei live a normal human life, away from evil spirits like her. Considering this, he grew up and became an onmyoji while becoming the disciple of Kamo no Yasunori and Kamo no Tadayuki.

However, another history flashed in her thoughts. It was Yasunori and Abe no Yasuna who were the best of friends. When Yasuna went to look for Yasunori, he found his friend with dazed eyes, walking towards him. In disheveled clothes and lifeless stature, Yasunori managed to glance at Yasuna.

An infants cry made Yasuna turn at his friend's arms, only to see a child with fox ears, clear blue eyes that were foreign from a human's view. In the end, Yasuna learned the truth and decided to help Yasunori by taking the child as his son. Seimei lived a gentle and caring life until he was taken to a temple where he needs to be taught by Yasunori while Yasuna is exploring the demon realm.

"Is this.... parallel worlds?" Yun Ren Xie breathed heavily, to receive such information, she came to this idea.

Seimei is rumoured to have lived a long life that no ordinary human can surpass, he is also free from any ailments and good at divination. Yun Ren Xie came to a conclusion that it could be either this plane she is in or the real Earth is portraying the true history.

Baffled at her discoveries, she cant help but be more curious towards Seimei.

After an hour of pondering, a small oni (demon) with darks furs and bat wings hopped inside the chamber. Yun Ren Xie reached out her hands and the oni left a rolled letter on her hands.

Princess Sun, Emperor Fuyu still is clueless at your true condition. However, Im afraid he will find out soon since Princess' body is slowly getting weak. This physician wanted to ask Princess if you still want to live longer? I have found a method but it needs a sacrifice. A soul of the undead.

Soul of the undead, Yun Ren Xie can only think of one person who have this. Its no other than Kamo no Yasunori. He have died from many lifetimes yet kept repeating reincarnation, Yasunori is supposed to be clueless of this plane yet it was exactly the opposite.

But why would Yun Ren Xie desire longevity? She is not from this plane anyways, it wont help her.

As the sun started to arise, Yun Ren Xie looked around her. It was not her room, the last time she remembered, she took Seimei inside his bed chamber. She rummaged through his desks and opened his closet. Finally, her efforts bore fruit. The jadeite flute Seimei used at their sparring is on top of his clothes.

With a wicked smile, she took the flute and went outside the chamber. Seducing Seimei by her skills, let her know how much efforts she needs to show.

"Does Host know any Japanese song?"

"I have. But the best of them is Dreams and Cherry Blossoms in Leaf." Yun Ren Xie responded, she knew Seimei likes Sakura since his yard is full of it.

"Yume to Hazakura....." System smiled, the lyrics does mentioned it. Telling the story of a person still in waiting for someone while memories are getting vague under the white cherry blossoms.

She settled under the largest cherry tree where its bloom is still exquisite. Playing the flute in her hands, she drowned in her own view. The song is originally not meant for Seimei but someone she started to forget. With the pair of sharp purple eyes staring at her in extreme anger and another golden pair of orbs, looking at her in pure gentleness

Two persons that were important in her life, two persons that gave her happiness in her lifetime and two persons who started to fade as time passes.

Her eyes went dazed while playing the flute, uknown to her, Seimei is already leaning at the other side of the tree while crossing his arms. Trying to decipher the words behind the soft melody, he bit his lips in realization.

Senior Sister, why though?