Chapter 117: Longing Chulian

"Xiao Hai? What day is it today?" Yun Ren Xie asked the maidservant who is guiding her, she wanted to have a walk in the garden.

"Answering young miss' question, its the fourth day of the last month." Xiao Hai said, she held Chulian's arm with gentleness. Ah, young miss have such soft skin....

Yun Ren Xie nodded, Xiao Hai is two years older than Chulian. She trust this maid beside her, the previous Chulian bugged Xiang Zihui for a week just to save Xiao Hai from the merciless slave merchants. Yun Ren Xie found it funny, Chulian kept entering Zihui's private meeting just for his agreement to buy Xiao Hai at their side. The man can only massage his temples and sigh deeply.

"If only you werent injured like this..." he would say and with a wave of his sleeve, Xiao Hai entered the crown prince' mansion the next day and became Chulian's personal maidservant for five years from now.

But something kept Yun Ren Xie's thoughts muddled. "Xiao Hai, why does Brother Zihui treat me this kindly? Im not even part of his family yet he let me live a life full of luxury."

"Young Miss, this servant cant tell what is inside Crown Prince' thoughts."

"Oh." she reluctantly said, it was clear that when Xiang Zihui was edicted as the crown prince at the age of fifteen, the Zhao Family tried all means to make a connection with him. They even used the ten year old Chulian to be his suitable future consort but he never payed any attention to it until one day, the Right Prime Minister Zhao was sentenced to death, his family werent spared. It was Xiang Zihui who personally set the Zhao Estate into flames with the help of imperial guards, he was also known for investigating Right Prime Minister Zhao's embezzling accounts.

Even the young Chulian nor the whole Chu State know what did the Zhao Family do to provoke the crown prince. What could have caused his anger? Zhao Family never used any other young misses in their family line to seduce him, it was only Chulian who is allowed to meet Zihui. But why? Why did he saved Chulian before? Even the Emperor Yu cant do anything to harm Chulian since she is under Zihui's protection.

"Please!" Yun Ren Xie's thoughts went to an end after hearing a woman's cry.

"What is that?" she asked Xiao Hai.

They were near the gate of Zihui's estate, Xiao Hai can see an open gap between the wooden gate. When she saw the familiar dark robes and silky white hair, Xiao Hai's expression twisted in fear.

"Young Miss, we need to return inside." she urged the silent Chulian but Yun Ren Xie is more curious as she drew closer to the gate.

"Shh." Yun Ren Xie tapped her lips with her finger. "Let's listen close. Just this time, please?"

"But-"

Xiao Hai is about to say no however, the cute and flushed appearance of Chulian made her admit defeat.

"Crown Prince Ye! I am begging you! Please save this girl's father!" the girl cried, her almond eyes were full of tears. She is kneeling in front of the cold Xiang Zihui, her face and appearance is truly pitiful that can make any men have the urge to coax her.

Two of Xiang Zihui's shadow guards are about to move when he raised his hand, indicating them to stop. Zihui squatted down in front of the girl as he held her chin upward, his purple eyes were emitting an indifferent force.

"Miss Xin, is your father not enough? Do you want this prince to finish all of your family?" he spoke softly as if those lives werent important.

"N... No... No!" the girl's face paled as Zihui let go of her. She thought he have changed his mind but it was quite the opposite! This prince.... Xin have regretted her actions the night before yesterday, she shouldnt have drugged the crown prince! If that didnt happen, her father wont be inside the dungeon! Her family's life wont be in stake! Their wealth shouldnt be reduced like this!

In great despair, she grasped Zihui's sleeves. He lost all his patience and gave a glance at the hidden guards. One of them appeared in a flash and knocked the girl unconscious, it was rather a light punishment for Zihui. If only there are no onlookers around, he would have ordered his men to kill the girl slowly.

Xiao Hai trembled, she have heard a lot of rumours about the tyrannical eleventh prince, Xiang Zihui. Witnessing how cold he is, how he easily judged one's life and death, she feared him instantly!

The other girl, Yun Ren Xie, she never felt fear. She have been exposed to death in her younger days. When she is just ten, Yun Ren Xie was forced to kill a tiger with her own survival skill and a small dagger at hand. That is when she realized, it was either her or her enemies to die. However, she never grew up to be cold instead, she believed in fair judgement. Yun Ren Xie is angry at how Zihui said those words casually! He is worse than a monster!

Her thoughts were cut off when the gate she is leaning on, suddenly moved. She was late to react and her body gave way. Yun Ren Xie waited for her to fall, to kiss the dust, but it never happened.

She was encased with warmth, the calming smell of wisteria filled her nostrils. Her heart eventually felt steady. She have never experienced this before.

"Y-Young Miss....." Xiao Hai was terrified. She should have pulled Chulian beforehand!

"Chulian, your heavy."

"Ah?" Yun Ren Xie have never expected to lean on the monster! She tried to move back but her anger rose when she learnt what Zihui just said. "Zihui dage, Im not fat!"

How she wish she could punch his face! But what can she do? She is trying hard to win the bet with her Senior System, Yun Ren Xie must act accordingly.

"Xiao Hai, why is your miss here?" he ignored the fuming Chulian in his arms, Zihui unconsciously twisted the ebony strands of hair on his finger.

His movement were unexpected for others. The commoners who have seen how the Crown Prince hold a young girl in his arms is already a great impact! Even his shadow guards can see Zihui's sudden change but they knew their master can only act like this to two women, one is the pearl of Chu State, Yu Heng and the other is the blind beauty of the previous Zhao Family, Zhao Chulian.

However, the head of the shadow guards, Fei Long, can see the difference of Zihui's treatment at Yu Heng and Zhao Chulian. He smirked at the thought, his master, the tyrant prince have a blind consort.

"Brother Zihui, your pulling my hair!" Chulian pushed his chest, making Zihui aware of his movements as he frowned.

He eventually let go of her hair and removed his arm around her waist. "Zhao Chulian." Zihui leaned close to her as he whispered to her flushed ear. "You dare to eavesdrop on this prince' matter. Receive your punishment later on."

Before Yun Ren Xie can even retort, Zihui have left her side and entered the estate. She was fuming in anger and embarassment as Xiao Hai pulled her.
_________________________
Author Sama is back!!! Here are some updates, ai ni duzhemen (love y'all readers)