Chapter 69: Little Sun

Yun Ren Xie raised her sleeves to wipe Seimei's sweat from his forehead, she knew he created this move and hardly practiced it yet. Smiling radiantly, she remembered her time with the twelve year old Fuyu.

"Fuyu, straighten your back. Bend your knee, both of them! Raise your arm and relax, showing weakness to your enemies will make them feel triumphant. You get that? Now start over again!" she spoke while frowning at the side, holding a stick on her grasp.

The child nodded and started over, mistakes keeps happening and he felt dejected. Yun Ren Xie sighed then approached him. She patiently taught him every basics that day and after hours of practice, Fuyu finally dropped down at the grass.

Smiling at the child, she wiped his sweat away with a handkerchief. "Sister Taiyo, one day I'd be the one taking care of you." Fuyu said with closed eyes, savoring the gentle care of her.

"That day will come, now get up."

As he opened his eyes, Yun Ren Xie can see the hint of care from his deep blue eyes. The same way as the soft spring breeze pass by, making both their hair sway. She appreciated the sight, white and orange seems like fire and ice.

Right now, it was Seimei who is above with his own similarities as Fuyu. How she wished he was here to make his promise worth.

Seimei noticed her dazed state. She was just wiping his sweat a while ago but now she is staring at him.

"Senior Sister...." he calmly said, a scene suddenly played in his mind.

"Kid, one day, surely you'd be able to protect the whole Japan from us, demons." a girl sat beside him above the green coated ground while enjoying the view of the setting sun. He looked at her intently, the orange hair that met the sun's final warmth caused an enticing bloom of red.

"Sister will be an exception." he grinned.

"Be serious. We demons have been crossing human realms and caused thousands of bloodshed everywhere. Arent we too much in our action?"

"Only those who have committed crimes are punishable. And Sister Taiyo is not."

She flicked his forehead and with a sly smile, Chisona Taiyo spoke. "Onmyojis and demons were forever enemies. Remember that well kid."

Seimei got back after blinking a few times. Orange hair that symbolizes the sun, Seimei have forgotten who that girl is since he can never discern its features.

"Seimei, you should not let your guard down at demons. We are both opponents here."

"Kid, you should not let your guard down at demons. We are all enemies here."

"You...." he was shock a bit, the girl in his unclear memories were almost exact to what his Senior Sister is saying. To confirm, the only lead is the name Sun (Taiyo). "Senior Sister, I've been wondering your real name all the year."

"My name? So your concerned about it now? I prefer you calling me Senior Sister." Yun Ren Xie then pushed Seimei away from her before she stood up.

If you know who I was, probably you wont be able to forgive my sins.

"You promised." Seimei stood up as well, staring at the girl's back with furrowed brows.

She sighed before turning to Seimei. "Never..... never trust a promise from me." with that, she left the place. Yun Ren Xie thought Seimei have slept so she rushed to his yard to check on him once more, transferring her all human essence to him in order to remove his fox demon bloods. It was risky cause anytime, she can die during the process since there is still the poison inside her body. What's more, transferring her humanity to fill in Seimei's half blood will cause her to loose her sanity and become a bloodthirsty demon.

She is not afraid of losing her life, her last mission is to protect Fuyu at all cost. At the original plot, Seimei and Fuyu fought at Kyoto's Tanabata Festival, three months from now. Her life might only extend to six months so she still have lots of time for preperation.

The next morning, she left a letter for Seimei. He became more cold towards others after learning that his Senior Sister have left for two months, not even saying where she went.

Truth to be told, Yun Ren Xie went back to the demon realm to check unto Subarashi Fuyu. She just learnt that he is about to marry Kitsune Bijin at the last week of the next month.

The guards stood at the tall palace gates when they saw a slim figure wearing a fiery red cloak as if stenched with real blood. As soon as the person removed its hood, they recognized the orange coloured hair with blue eyes.

"P-Princess Sun." the guards bowed deeply as a sign of respect. They were actually happy for the reknowned Princess Sun to come back. Ever since she left the palace a year ago, Emperor Fuyu's fiance have been causing trouble. With a proud look on their eyes, they knew that Kitsune Bijin's life wont be easy.

So what if she's the future queen? Everyone knows that Princess Sun has more authority in the whole demon kingdom than her.

"Is Fuyu still inside the palace?"

"Replying to Her Highness, Emperor Fuyu just left for an important matter."

"I see. Kitsune Bijin is here or no?"

The guards hesitated to answer for a while. "Miss Bijin have been spending her time inside.... inside the brothels three times a week and currently.... she is not here Your Highness."

Brothels? She smirked. That fox is rather bold to play with other men while her fiance is outside with crucial business.

"Its fine, notify me once she have returned." Yun Ren Xie entered the palace and all the servants recognized her then bow deeply for respect.

After a while, the drunken Kitsune Bijin proudly went inside the palace but none dared to pay her any attention. In fit of anger, she slapped a maid who just came across her.

"Impudent trash!" she yelled loudly, enough for everyone to hear. All maids were throwing glares at Bijin, she have been acting too shameless ever since the Emperor and Princess Sun have left. Bullying servants, wasting money and even going to brothels. Everyone knew that Kitsune Bijin is having an affair but none dared to voice it out since she is the future empress.

"Kitsune Bijin, why would you raise a hand to every servants here?"

Yun Ren Xie have come out of her den to pounce at her prey, she is really angry from the tone of her voice. Who would ever want such brazen sister in law?

"Oh, you have the guts to show up inside my territory. How brave." Bijin crossed her arms. She is really itching to scratch Chisona Taiyo's face.

"Your territory?" she chuckled. "Even if you were to be crowned as the empress in the future, you have a lowly background which is wothless after all. Your expecting me to sray put while doing shameless things outside?"

"What are you speaking off?"

"You know.... bullying, insolent, and even adultery." Yun Ren Xie smiled brightly as she spoke however, her eyes were too sharp as if it can see through your intentions.