Chapter 16: The Emperor and I

"Stop laughing, will you?" Wuming grabbed the girl's right hand and pulled her to another direction.

"Where are we going?" she knew that this place is still not the capital but this is such a beautiful inn!

"Before we leave, we need to eat first."  he kept Yun Ren Xie by his side and determind not to let go.

All guests who saw them smiled and gave them compliments.

"Look! What a handsome man!"

"Aiyo, he already have his girl. Her beauty is beyond our reach."

"What a perfect couple!"

"A handsome man who looks like a deity and a beautiful woman who looks like a goddess herself!"

"Right! Even in just plain clothing, they still look outstanding!"

"Those clothes were also not made from ordinary fabric!"

A couple? Yun Ren Xie glanced at Wuming's cloth and also her's. They really have matching clothes! She just kept staring at the emotionless person in front of her. If this guy knew that she is a sly fox or even a femme fatale in the near future, will he still stand beside her in this close stance? Those deep purple eyes resembles Li Feng Qi.

"Wuminggege! Are you angry?" she stepped in front and showed her smile.

"Whose your brother? Dont call me like that, and Im not angry." his brows furrowed and went ahead from Yun Ren Xie but still, he did not let go of her hand.

She was still smiling. Looking back, she once called Li Feng Qi like this..

He was also angry that time and he ignored her for a day for being called Brother Qi. "Also like him, huh." she whispered.

In her stance, she bumped at Wuming's back. "Ya! What's your problem?" she rubbed her forehead.

Wuming walked away and her vision is not blocked anymore. In front of her was a balcony with a small exquisite table, full with delicacies. Her eyes flickered with lights and her mouth drooled.

Wuming stared at her. Really a unique girl. "Have a sit here, the view in this place is beautiful though." he said.

Right. The balcony can show you some parts of the province. Little snow covered the roofs and tree branches. Few of the trees have blossoming flowers. "Hm? That shop.." Yun Ren Xie pointed at the tailor shop where few couples entered and left with same set of clothes.

Wuming cleared his throat. The girl seems to understand now. She glanced at the shy looking man in front of her seat. Smiling, she wants to tease him and ask if he came from that place this morning but its not what she expected to come out from her mouth. "I like this cloth you bought for me, Wuming." she smiled and showed Wuming how elegant it fits her.

"Just..... lets finish this meal. We need to continue moving until we reach the capital."

Baoshi who have been watching the lively scene in the monitor, glanced at the progress of Emperor Qin. She got more excited when she saw the results, five more percents have been added! "Keep the good job! Fighting!" she screamed in her thought.

Yun Ren Xie gladly ate her fill, not minding her manners at all. The man sitting across her while eating gently, smiled upon seeing how the girl he met is not that pretentious, she seems free and there's no boundary in her actions at all. If he can take her as his concubine, his harem will always be intersting then.

Yun Ren Xie, on the other side, have some worries. Can she keep this man as her friend? She just felt assured whenever his around. Maybe the fact that he have those deep purple eyes that resembles Li Feng Qi, she felt safe.

"Im done." Wuming stood up and went to the hallway, he did not even bother to look at the girl who was savoring her meal.

"Eh? Hey, wait! I havent finished yet! Wuming, oi!" she tried to stop him but he did not even glanced at Yun Ren Xie. "What's his problem? Is he a bipolar?"

Sighing deeply, she ran towards Wuming. She kept silent behind him. They reached the counter and Wuming gave a ten banknotes to the clerk in charge. Yun Ren Xie stole a glance at the banknotes and was shock to see it was actually a hundred silver taels each! How rich can Wuming be? Looking back from the memories last night, Wuming told her he was a businessman from the state's of Chu.

"Wuming, when are we going to reach the capital?" she asked while tugging the man's cloth.They stepped outside and in front of them is a simple yet spacious carriage.

"At noon, we'll arrive to the capital." he said and went to the carriage. Wuming reached out his hand, gesturing Yun Ren Xie to get in.

She stopped in her tracks. This man should'nt have fallen for her right? If she is to accept his offer, that also means Yun Ren Xie have taken him to heart. If not, then she can just speak about being friends with him inside the carriage.

Yun Ren Xie just smiled, she placed her hand on Wuming. She can feel how he stiffened but he held her hand gently and helped her get inside the carriage. Just as they were seated, "It would be great if you became my friend, ah?" she asked Wuming while looking outside the carriage. The carriage have moved already, lots of commoners stare at Yun Ren Xie.

"Friends?"

Wuming used a grim voice that startled Yun Ren Xie inside even though she appeared calm and have a smile on her face. Oh, she just hope this man have no feelings for her at all! Soon, when she reach the capital, Yun Ren Xie will start to seduce the young Qin Shi Huang. Of course rumors were to be spread and if Wuming heard of it, wont his affection turn into hatred? He will soon think of her as a whore who loves fame and wealth. Clearly, Yun Ren Xie doesnt want those deep purple eyes look at her with disgust. It will be one of the most painful thing she will experience.

"Right! I want to be friends with you.Will you?" she kept her amiable appearance.

"No." Wuming answered straightforwardly.

Yun Ren Xie doesnt know whether to laugh or cry. Panic, worry, guilt and disapointment stormed inside her heart. Now what? "Why not? Your so kind to me and I want to repay it with friendship. Is it not a good thing?" she asked and made eyes contact with Wuming.

He was expresionless, Wuming took a sip on the tea then turned it down. Yun Ren Xie was expecting for an answer but there's no sound coming out from the young lad. His gaze are firmly stuck with the girl's gentle stare.

I just dont like the idea of us being friends! Wuming thought and wants to tell this at Yun Ren Xie.

"Aiyo! If thats what you wanted to happen, then be it!" Yun Ren Xie crossed her arms, closing her eyes for a sleep.

Wuming swallowed his words back. This girl still cant see his affection to her. If so, when they reach Xianyang, he will reveal his identity as an emperor and use this to force her in marrying him. Wuming watched Ye Xue sleep silently but the carriage's movement affected her. He walked towards the girl's place and sat beside her. Touching Ye Xue's head, he let her lean on him. Wuming stiffened when he felt the girl's hand grab his arm to make a comfortable spot.

He chuckled and let out a few words before dozing off, "Be my concubine..."