Chapter 113: Even In Death, He Dared To Smile

Perhaps I was blinded by love? Hatred? Jealousy?

Maybe.

In your last lifetime, I tried all means to keep you away from Ninth Brother but you forgave me. However....

"Hua'er, I..... I want you to love someone else...."

Do you think I would?

But still, I fell for you again in your second lifetime. From the day I found you lost the day before Qixi Festival, I was very happy. Remembering your last words for me when you were still her, I restrained my feelings.

When you were fourteen, I told you about my plan to get you married once you reach the right age. What I did not expect is, you rejected it and told me you wanted to stay.

Do you know how glad I am?

At the same time, I tried to reign myself. Why did I told you that? It was because you and Heise are looking rather close, I wish not to get in between both of you.

After I lost you in Jianghu, I almost lost my mind but finally, you came back. Its just that, I saw the mark on your neck.

You even lied to me. How painful it is but who am I to intervene? Long Youya is important to you right, maybe that's why you lied instead.

That year, that month, that night, that time. I cried?

Yes, I even drunk the whole jug of lotus wine! The pain became numb but when I saw you, it came back!

When I kissed you, you must have feared me right? Im sorry, I just felt jealous.

I avoided you after that, afraid you wont look at me the same way again, thus, I steeled my heart.

"Have you only taken me as your disciple for this time to come? To sacrifice me in this stupid political marriage?"

No. I was eager to see your incarnation, that I took you in as my disciple. I cant bear to see you be with another man, much less use you for a political marriage. All of this, I wanted to speak it out loud for everyone to hear but I dont have the courage.

"I have told you I only wanted to stay here, to be with you! Has Shifu forgotten?"

I wont. Xue'er, that is one of the most memorable things you've told me. But it was time for you to choose, the man you loved. Is it even Jin Heise or Long Youya? I maybe called ignorant for thinking it might be me but who will accept our relationship as lovers? A teacher and student having intimacy? Whou have heard of it?

"Do you have any clue how hurt I am? Oh, wait. Shifu? Do you even care how I feel? Im just an orphan anyway so what's their to lose if I just simply die?"

My world, if you die, everything wont matter anymore. I dont even know you'd be hurt. Xue'er, Im sorry!

Now that your gone, I dont have a reason to stay here anymore. I was such a coward! I dont deserve you. What I know, I dont regret loving you in this lifetime.

"Shen Xian Hua!"
_________________________

Long Youya aimed his sword at the weak Shen Xian Hua. He have no chance to hesitate as he sped to the opponent.

"Shen Xian Hua!" Long Youya shouted and he can still see the bland smile of him, he also sped towards his direction.

Tsak!

Sword pierced through flesh, blood dyed the ground in red, the screams and cries of cultivators never went through their senses.

"Who would've thought..... We'd end up this way?" Shen Xian Hua laughed, he let go of the Thousand Ice Sword in his hands as he coughed blood. Its crisp sound echoed all over their area, slow and tranquil. Shen Xian Hua dare not stab Long Youya.

Long Youya did not speak as he stood there in full surprise, his eyes widened when he released the sword in his possession.

He stared at his trembling hands, it was already stained by blood. Who's blood? It was from his sole eighth brother, Shen Xian Hua.

"Xiao Hua!" he got back from his senses when he heard the thumping sound of Shen Xian Hua's abrupt fall.

"Seventh *cough, Seventh Brother. I... I deserve this." Shen Xian Hua forced himself to speak, just a year after Xiao Bai Xue's death, he is next. He have been blinded by hatred, Shen Xian Hua accused Long Youya for killing Xiao Bai Xue since Honglian is his direct disciple. Moon Jade Sect and the Imperial Palace became Shen Xian Hua's enemy.

"Xiao Hua, you piece of shit!" Long Youya knelt beside the smiling Shen Xian Hua, he never thought this guy wont have the guts to kill him.

"Whatever you say." he chuckled, Shen Xian Hua breathed one last time. He closed his eyes and remained smiling.

For the last time, Shen Xian Hua reminisced the past. He was having a look in the imperial capital the day before Qixi Festival, Shen Xian Hua met a seven year old girl. Just as she looked up to meet his gaze, he was taken a back to see the same face again.

But her eyes werent blue as the wide ocean, nor red like the raging fire. Her ebony black hair went silvery white, even her eyes turned lifeless grey.

Shen Xian Hua, without much thought, took the girl with him back in the sect. The girl told him her parents abandoned her at the market and she got lost. Looking at her petite body, he knew her parents cant support the child.

His face showed discontent and the girl eventually tugged his sleeve. "Mister, you have such a pretty face. Why not smile? It suits mister very much!"

Xue'er, I smiled only for you. Is this enough? Are you willing to wait for me?

Long Youya watched Shen Xian Hua's breathing get lost at the last moment. His Eighth Brother have suffered too much in this lifetime. Shen Xian Hua have lived for three hundred years at most, it started with pain yet it still ended up in pain.

All he did was to love, but why did Shen Xian Hua dont deserve any of it?

It must be his time to rest. Immortality? What is that? Shen Xian Hua doesnt need it in the first place! High position? Does he have any use of it? No, Shen Xian Hua is a humble person. Then power? Long Youya's eighth brother is always a calm deity, why would he bother claiming that bullshit.

All he needed was love! But the girl kept on hurting him for the second time already!

Shen Xian Hua have been hiding all his pain, he did his best to smile in front of her. Even in death, he smiled. The usual, gentle and captivating like a deity.

"Xiao Hua, rest. You must be tired, huh?" Long Youya pulled a mocking grin. If only he have the power to turn back time, maybe he'd be able to save Bai Xue Wangji and Feng Zise. He would do his best to persuade Shen Xian Hua to find another woman. For three hundred years, Shen Xian Hua and him have been the closest out of all the eight immortals Bai Xue Wangji adopted.

The very same year, Jin Heise killed himself in front of Xiao Bai Xue and Shen Xian Hua's tomb. He regretted being blinded by jealousy that he tries plotting against his Shifu which caused his beloved's death.