Chapter 51: Shadow of Naginata Blades

"I apologize for what happened I only came here with good intention! Ruso Akayama sent me here to kill you, but believe me, I cant bring myself in harming you." Hijikita reasoned out, leaning his back on the tree which is the opposite of Soma's view.

It was true though, his subordinates were still at the other village nearby and ought to warn her however, he never expected that Saito is with her and dozens of samurais were sent in their route without him knowing. Saito have been protecting the carriage, slitting the throats of his opponents. Hijikita knew he can finish it without his help but Saito saw him and charged with violent attack.

In order to save his life, their onlsaught began, giving Saito a fatal blow from time to time but arrows started to arise within the forest ahead. It was not his subordinates either, analyzing the occurence, only five of them knew about Soma's matter. Unless, Hijikita is not the only one acting behind the scenes....

Hearing his thoughts, her anger decreased for a bit. "You said Ruso Akayama sent you here......" a cold smile formed from her red lips. The pale moon made her look stunning yet cold at the same time.

'Host! Host! There's a woman out there!' Baoshi seems to feel a familiar presence.

Yun Ren Xie glanced at every direction until she finally ascertain a shadowy figure hiding behind a large tree. "What the....." she gasped for air when nine visible tails showed at the backside of the figure. The moon's willow light helped Yun Ren Xie discern a lady in a Chinese dress with flowery intricates.

"Its the Nine Tailed Celestial Earth Fox!" Baoshi exclaimed, the monitor went closer to the woman and she can still determine it was the fourth immortal soul. But how? How did the fourth immortal soul came in this manhua?

"Why are you silent all of a sudden?" Hijikita asked behind. Something is not right. He slowly stood up and tried to face Soma when he saw her talking with a girl in foreign dress. "Asami?"

Once he called out, the girl in foreign clothing stared at him. "Your name's Asami?!" Yun Ren Xie asked in surprise. Never did she thought this Nine Tailed Celestial Earth Fox is a side character as the prostitute Hijikita only mentioned in one chapter but never gave any description.

Asami nodded her head, good thing she have retracted her nine fox tails before Hijikita can even take a glimpse of it. "Hayato-kun, why are you here? What happened? And who is that man?" she pointed at the still unmoving Saito.

"Its a long story. I presume you are familiar with this place. We need your help to come out of here. Also, I thought you've left Kyoto already." he said while walking closer.

Asami smiled radiantly, this man is her benifactor. He was always there to save her, accompany her, and even help her escape Kyoto. "To tell you the truth, I want to leave Japan however, this country have already closed down its connection from the outside world. No one can come in neither leave. I dont have a choice but to stay in this secluded forest."

"Hijikita, take my brother with you. Asami told me she is taking us in her house located outside this cliff." Yun Ren Xie stepped in the middle, facing the man with a serious face. You dare ignore this great grandma?!

At first, he felt bad carrying Saito but considering how Soma treasured her oniisan, Hijikita cant retort.

"Naito, give me your hand." Yun Ren Xie reached out her palm, asking him to place his hand on top of it.

Just as Hijikita did, something warm surged forth within his veins. He was not sure though but the girl quickly retracted her hand and pulled the stunned Asami.

Hijikita glanced at his warm palm and slowly, the comfortable feeling dissipated. With a sigh, he made Saito's body lean on him while saunting to the girls direction.

"Your named Diqiu Dizi?" Yun Ren Xie asked while she was walking beside the fourth immortal soul. "Your name's strange. Earth Disciple, do you have a master though?"

Asami was quite for a while before answering with a solemn look. "I've been trap here after fleeing out of the Chu State hundred years ago thus, my memories scattered and can no longer remember where I came from. I only knew my name as Diqiu Dizi and I just fled China for a long time. If not for Baoshi reminding myself who I am, maybe for staying here in Japan for thousand years I'd thought of myself as a fox spirit wandering around." Asami explained.

"Baoshi?" she asked with a confused look.

"Yes. Baoshi is my little guide, she has silky white hair, fair skin and pure winter coloured dress with pale wings. Im afraid she is about to disappear after a few years." Asami shook her head, that little Baoshi have guided her in choosing her life desicions however, one time Asami did not followed Baoshi's intruction and she ended up becoming a prostitute. After two years of painful memories, she met Hijikita Toushirou and Baoshi told her he is the key in escaping the flower house.

Even though she still made contact with Hijikita, they formed friendship over the months and he bought her freedom, making her feel extremely grateful towards him. The plan of going to the port and leave Japan have been cancelled, she soon learnt from Baoshi that Chu State is gone and China have been unified.

When she died from the hand of the general she married from the Chu State, her huabens came to life, offering another chance to live once more but she failed in her last plane and the punishment is completing a three high leveled plane from other immortal's plot. Dizi was sent to an incomplete novel called Love Before War. It was a story of a young general who eventually fell inlove with the crown princess, the antagonist. And Dizi is the crown princess who needs to play a matchmaking job with the general and a girl transmigrating inside her younger sister's body.

But little did she know, the young general still fell inlove with her and as a crown princess engaged with the future emperor, her life became a mess after rumors of she and the general comitting adultery. With the general leaving Chu State and dying, her mission failed and the world's punishment is heavy. She was tortured day and night before setting her free while wild dogs were sent to chase after her. Dizi reached the port where she left China, since she knew the crown prince is eyeing her everywhere around China. The boat met a very tragic ending that she nearly died but thanks to her immortal soul, she recovered her original body however, she cant leave this plane anymore. And that is the final punishment for not finishing a mission in a plane full of challenge.

"Yun Ren Xie, Baoshi just told me that the fifth immortal soul is in this cliff, and you.... You are the creator of my side mission, Love Before War. I need to warn you, finish your mission before the main characters perish!"

____________________

Hi! Thanks for the 3k reads everyone, here's three chapters for today as a bonus🥰