Chaptet 18: The Emperor and I

The night of the Lantern Festival was quite joyous. Especially in the General's Manor. Their hidden fair young miss have finally arrived from the border. A large banquet was prepared and guests are free to come. Yun Ren Xie went close with the other family members but something inside her made her helpless. She went outside the banquet hall, a bit drunk from the wines she have tasted, her way of walking were unlady like.

Yun Ren Xie unconsciously made her way in her own courtyard. The moon this time around isnt as bright like yesterday. "Wuming." she muttered, her eyes stared at the crescent moon blankly.

After a few weeks, her life were great. She was living peacefully. Its already the second month on its third day. Her father is also coming back tomorrow with the right prime minister Li Si. Yun Ren Xie remembered her second mission.

"What trouble could it be? My father is with him so its impossible for someone to ambush them on their way. Baoshi?" she called out.

"Yes, host?"

"Keep a track on Li Si's journey. Tell me anything if there's something strange."

"Un! " Baoshi answered but she did not broke her contact with Yun Ren Xie, as if something was bothering her.

"What is it?" Yun Ren Xie took the initiative. Her hands were crossed behind her.

"Host, when are we going to take action on Emperor Qin?" Baoshi questioned in a worried tone but her smile were hidden from her host. In the Lantern Festival, Emperor Qin's favorability increased to 25%. She also sensed the jealousy Emperor Qin produced, this is a good chance to watch drama!

"Ying Zheng. King Zheng of Qin." Yun Ren Xie cant help but smile. What could the young Ying Zheng (the original name of Qin Shi Huang before unifying the Seven Warring States) look like?

Just as she was pondering, her new appointed maid, Yunling, called out to her master. Yun Ren Xie can hear the joy on Yunling's voice, she couldnt help but wonder why.

"Young Miss! The Patriarch ordered this servant to invite you in his study along with the five young miss!" she happily greeted when Yun Ren Xie opened the door.

"Why?" Yun Ren Xie asked, not clearly understanding the situation.

"This servant is told not to tell anyone. Let me help Young Miss get ready!" she ignored her master's question and led her back inside.

Yun Ren Xie wore an exquisite light blue hanfu with few blue accessories. Her face is adorned with thin makeup yet she is still outstanding! Yunling cant help but admire her Young Miss.

They entered the study room of Patriarch Fang. Yun Ren Xie saw her five cousins, they were undoubtly attractive. She sat at the end of the line and was beside Fang Rou.

"All are here now. I'll start then." Patriarch Fang stood up and in his grasp is a scroll with gold paterns. "King Zheng of our Qin State is about to choose new concubines, this day is also our King Zheng's birthday. Our household is one of the few chosen mansions for this event. It will be held on the seventh day this month. Every single one of you is to join this banquet. Prepare well and dont let General Manor lose face."

All of his granddaughter complied but upon observation, Fang Ye Xue have a bit troubled expression.

Patriarch Fang helplessly glanced at his youngest granddaughter, Fang Ye Xue. This girl have been hidden from the outside world since her birth. It was planned by his son, Fang Wang Zhen, to keep his only daughter inside this manor. Now that she have grown up and already at age, he cant help but sigh inwardly. Patriarch Fang just wished that his son and the late Emperor Zhuangxiang have long forgotten their conflicts.

Yun Ren Xie, upon hearing this, her eyes widened in shock. Patriarch Fang gave his advices for the girls to get ready until they finished the meeting at noon.

"Xiao Xue, are you worried?" a soft voice tickled Yun Ren Xie's heart. Turning her head to her left side, Fang Rou was there.

"Not at all, cousin Ah Rou." she smiled. Yun Ren Xie studied her cousin's face and there was a hint of disappointment in her looks. "Is there something wrong?"

Fang Rou kept her head down when tears slowly trickled down her face. Yun Ren Xie pitied her even if she doesnt know the reason. Fang Rou is a beauty although Ye Xue is not her match.

"Da Lang..... he will surely be f-frustrated." Fang Rou wiped her tears.

"Cousin Ah Rou...." she caressed Fang Rou's back to calm her cousin. "I will tell grandfather not to let you join the contest! Dont worry cousin!" she assured her.

Just as they stepped outside the courtyard, Fang Da Lang met them. His face is also full of worries. Since Yun Ren Xie knew the situation, she left and went to her own courtyard.

The next morning, General Wang along with Prime Minister Li Si, arrived at Xianyang. Emperor Zheng held a welcoming feast for them at night. It was already midnight but Yun Ren Xie cant sleep well. She changed her cloth into a modern style. Her hair is tied up and she leaped outside. "Baoshi, find where Prime Minister Li Si is." she said.

"Host, Li Si is outside the palace already."

Yun Ren Xie followed her guide's direction until she reached the palace gates. She hid behind a large osmanthus tree when imperial guards passed by her.

"Let go of me, will you?!" the voice of Li Si made her flinch.

Glancing at the direction, she saw a woman beside Li Si. She is crying silently but her sobs can be heard.

"Husband... why are you angry with Qianqian?" the lady asked Li Si and reached for his hand. Li Si coldly shoved the girl's hands away.

Qianqian? This girl is Qianqian?! Yun Ren Xie asked in her thoughts. Bai Qianqian is Li Si's First Wife who hated the female lead but she died from falling to a pond in the Bai Estate's and the one who drowned her to death was her maidservant.

Yun Ren Xie cant help but stare at her creation of the younger Bai Qianqian. She was stunning! Even more beautiful than the twenty eight year old Bai Qianqian!  It was described in her manhua that Li Si do hate his First Wife for drugging him, forcing Li Si to marry the Bai Family's beauty. Bai Qianqian is an irresistable treat and even Yun Ren Xie cant help admire her, casting away the thought of making her the villainess!

She cant believe Li Si can ignore this sort of blossoming flower, this was just the few years of Bai Qianqian as a harmless rose but soon, she will turn into a thorny aunt of the FL.

"Why?" Li Si chuckled with a grim voice. "You. Are. A. Burden. For. Me!" he said. Not minding how it stabs Bai Qianqian's heart.

His wife cant hold her emotions anymore and ran away. "What a heartless guy!" Yun Ren Xie is angered to what she saw. She just doesnt know why her hatred towards Li Si is growing.

Her whisper did not escape the young man's ear. Its been the voice he have longed for a whole month! His eyes wander around to find the person but to no avail, he cant find anything. It might be just his illusion? Forget it, he have drunked so much it turned his senses sensible and started to hear things. He entered his carriage and set off.

"He really ignored her?!" Yun Ren Xie was quite shock. She followed Li Si's carriage using her consciousness.