Chapter 8: The Emperor and I

Baoshi was curious why she felt her host's mood changed. Her host seems... lonely and depressed. "Host?" she let go of Yun Ren Xie's hair and floated in front of her.

"Oh, sorry! Its just... I remembered something. Dont mind me." Yun Ren Xie smiled.

It was a bright smile but why can Baoshi feel the negative energy get stronger? Could it be Yun Ren Xie is an immortal dark practitioner?

"Miss, your dinner is ready!" a maid from outside the room shouted. Yun Ren Xie and Baoshi exchanged glances.

"Host, just step outside this monitor and you can get back to that place." Baoshi led her way and stopped in front of the large monitor.

Yun Ren Xie nodded and stepped forward. She reached the monitor and her body vanished.

"Why is my host having that negative energy? I hope my guess is not right." Baoshi watched the monitor slowly became streak of lights until darkness occupied her. "Host..... resentful...." her incomplete sentence was heard by Yun Ren Xie but she doesnt understand.

"Come in." she called out. The maids entered and she saw that outside, it was already dark. The large table was full of delicacies and Yun Ren Xie did not bother about etiquettes as she gobble them up. In Earth, everyone look up to her as a perfect person, she got used to being courteous everytime in public but once she reached her house, she can be opposite as the known educated queen. She eat her food fast, she likes gossips and likes doing what a maid in her house do.

Yun Ren Xie was bored the next day. She kept staring on the exquisite sight in front of the pavilion. Thinking of something she can do, she can only remember some questions left in her mind. "I wanted to dream of that parents of mine..." she whispered and her curiosity grew but soon she dozed off. The cool breeze contain the blossoming plum's scent and the running waters sound guided her to a new place...

"My dear husband. This child should be named Ye Xue. Her name is an incomplete phrase but, this earing is the answer to what the next emperor is looking for. Also, this will grant our daughter...freedom." Fei Shengkai coughed up blood. Yun Ren Xie was behind a tall man wearing a general's armor and a woman with green robe. The woman was holding a child in her hand while standing near the cliff.

"Fei Shengkai! Fang Wang Zhen!" a loud deep voice shouted behind Yun Ren Xie. The three of them turned and saw a man speeding to their direction.

Yun Ren Xie saw how Fei Shengkai reacted, she was scared witless. She trembled endlessly. "Fang Wang Zhen, quick! Take Ye Xue from me!"

Yun Ren Xie stepped slowly and walked towards Fei Shengkai. The young general's face darkened and took the infant from its mother's embrace. Without a word, Fang Wang Zhen used his qinggong and fled the scene. The man in grey robes smiled.

"Prince Hui, please forgive this girl!" Fei Shengkai said. She raised her hand and countless men in military suits marched from behind the prince.

Its the army of Chu State's! Yun Ren Xie can read their minds, she was shock to know an important information from Prince Hui's thoughts!

"So its true that this woman is the princess of Chu State! My brother was just using her as the bait to eliminate me from taking his throne! What a smart move brother Zhuangxiang! You want me dead tomorrow by making the emperor of Chu State flow with rage and order assassins to kill me and take this princess. Too bad, she'll die with me today! No one can seperate me from this girl!" Prince Hui said in his mind.

He showed a grim smile and ran straight to Fei Shengkai who is coldly looking at him, her gaze was giving the words 'Im letting you to kill me now'.

The soldiers ran after him but it was too late. The princess was pulled by Prince Hui. Yun Ren Xie dropped to the ground and glanced at the two figure falling from the high cliff.

"In my next life, I hope to not live closely to power. Fang Wang Zhen, even if I did dodge from this crazy prince's attack, he will still pull my robe and still both of us will fall. My last wish is that, keep Ye Xue's existence unknown. Also, dont let her get involve to the royal family. I regret being born as a princess." tears poured down Fei Shengkai's face.

Yun Ren Xie raised her brow. She can still feel Fang Wang Zhen's presence near this cliff, why did he not save his lover? He just watched Fei Shengkai fall! She glared to the place where Fang Wang Zhen was standing. He was kneeling behind a large bush. Holding the innocent child in his arms, he wrapped his arms to warm the child. "I promise and will make it happen." he whispered and leaped from branches to branches until he reached the military camp.

"So that was it? The Chu State's favored princess was caught by Qin State and let her live in the general's manor secretly. They formed a feeling to each other and Fang Ye Xue was born due to their love but the Emperor saw Prince Hui as a threat for Shi Huangdi in successing to the throne! He slowly made Prince Hui notice the princess and bethrothed her to his naive brother. This raged the Emperor of Chu State and ordered assassins to kill Prince Hui at the wedding. But Fei Shengkai fled before the wedding day and went to where the general Wang was placed. She gave Ye Xue to general Wang and decided to end her life here." Yun Ren Xie's conclusion were all acurate.

"Host, why does she want to die?" Baoshi popped beside Yun Ren Xie.

"Simply, if she married Prince Hui tomorrow, the Emperor will let those assassins come here freely and kill the prince. They will take Fei Shengkai but they are inside the enemy's territory and they will immediately be killed by the Emperor along with her. He will accuse them as the murderer. So Fei Shengkai chose to fled before the wedding, taking her child Ye Xue and giving her to general Wang. The assassins were still at that place and let them surround the cliff to take the advantage position in case someone from the imperial city followed her. Also, even if she dodged Prince Feng's attack, she will still be pulled by that prince who practiced martial arts."

"Oh, why did general Wang not saved her?" Baoshi floated on the cliff's edge. The silent thud went to everyone present.

Yun Ren Xie stared coldly at the dark cliff, she stood up. "The general knew that even if he saved the princess and gave her to the Chu State, the Emperor wont let him go and so is Ye Xue. Remember, he is just a small general at this time, so the Emperor can easily crush him and his subordinates along with the Chu State's soldier and assassins. They will all die and that is against Fang Wang Zhen's promise to his beloved lover."