Chapter 13: The Emperor and I

Li Feng Qi? No, he is not her Qigege. Then who is he? Why does he seem familiar to Yun Ren Xie?

She stared at him, expressionless. Yun Ren Xie didnt bother to look at his blood soaked suit, she doesnt even care about him holding a blood stained dagger. She just looked at him calmly.

The man is somehow surprised that this young miss did not faint upon seeing his bloody appearance. Woman in his eyes are all dramatic and scheming. But this girl, no emotion can be traced from her dark iris. He felt he have seen this dark iris before.....

"Where's my maid..." Yun Ren Xie spoke. Its a sentence, at first sounded like a question but it contained a commanding voice.

"Get out." the man ordered. He stepped inside and grabbed Yun Ren Xie's hand.

Yun Ren Xie, however, did not move and glared at him. "You have no rights to make me leave my own carriage." she snapped. He was stunned at what he heard. It was the first time someone rejected him!

The girl in front of him felt his grip loosened so she pulled her hand all her might and kneed his stomach. The man reacted fast and caught the girl's knee. He forced her to lay on the carriage so she can somehow stop struggling.

"Baoshi! Do you know this man?" Yun Ren Xie asked in her thoughts.

"Host, I think he is familiar but I dont know where I have seen him!" Baoshi responded.

"Who are you?" both Yun Ren Xie and the man asked.

"Its none of your business!" both of them again said at the same time.

"Why do you keep imitating what I said?!" for the third time, they spoke once more.

Yun Ren Xie wanted to kill him, this guy is so cunning!

Whoosh!

Yun Ren Xie and the man saw an arrow enter the carriage and got stuck on the head board. She now know why he is bloody, someone wants him dead!

"You invited unwelcomed guests to my place. If you want to live, take my scythe under the table and we'll have one each." Yun Ren Xie wants to cooperate with him since this situation is critical.

"Defense and close combat is useless against specialty soldiers." he said.

"Kind sir, I dont want to fight since Im in the disadvantageous position. Im saying, giving that scythe to you as a tool for cutting one of the horse's ties and escape this place." she explained. Two scythe appeared under the table before the man can even reach at the said place. He took it and slowly stood up.

"Your not coming?" he asked.

"Worry not. My father is someone powerful, he can just send protection to me after some time." Yun Ren Xie smirked.

The man raised a brow and sighed. If she die, he cannot be blamed but only this girl's stupidity or her father's late enforcement.

"I'll just stay here then." the man said.

"Hm? Worrying so much for this girl is pointless. Hurry and leave." Yun Ren Xie took the other scythe.

She felt one person outside who is stretching his bow, Yun Ren Xie decided to kill him. "Die.." she whispered in a low tone and the man outside got his heart exploding which caused his death. A thud echoed inside the carriage.

"Leave. My father's enforcement have come. If they saw you with me in such bloody state and holding a sharp weapon, they wont hesitate to kill you." she warned.

Yun Ren Xie lied. She stood up and touched the other scythe on the man's possession. "Take care of it. Return it to me on the Lantern Festival. Pay for it if you broke my weapon!" she threatened.

"Then, farewell. " the man smiled, without a warning, he gave the girl a peck at the corner of her lips. Their warm lips touched, sadly, it only lasted for a second. He stepped back and got outside the carriage.

Yun Ren Xie heard the horse galloping. Is that man crazy?! How dare he steal a kiss!

"Host, there are few six men outside. They are following him!" Baoshi panicked and popped outside.

"Is he a bigshot like me or Li Si? That guy attracted more trouble than me, ah." Yun Ren Xie stepped outside the carriage. "Oi, Baoshi. Can I create a reaper or monster that I can order around?"

"Ah! But that is too risky, host!"

"So I can do it huh." Yun Ren Xie did not heed her little fairy's warning. "Shadows are everywhere tonight. Its easier to finish them before injuring that man."

She started to think of the shadows that will listen to her orders. The specialty soldiers felt the shadows movements even though its clear that there are no winds surrounding them. They all dismissed the silly movements and chased after the man. What they dont know is that, one after each of them started to bleed until death, before they can even warn the others, their head already dropped to the ground.

Yun Ren Xie have already killed five of them but she cant spot the other one. This forest is full of trees covered in a bit of snow. It was full of darkness and her thoughts freely lurked beside the shadows. It might be that person is moving fast that her shadow entity cant catch up in slow space.

Her brows furrowed when she felt the man holding her other scythe stopped. She can feel his hesitation. What could he be thinking? Her shadow entity stared at the man since it knows how his master's feeling.

The man clicked his tongue and rushed back at Yun Ren Xie's direction. He was halfway towards her direction when the last specialty soldier jump from the top of the trees and aimed his weapon to the person riding the horse.

Yun Ren Xie stopped her shadow entity from interfering the fight. She wants to see him struggle even for just a bit. The man noticed the movement above him, he jumped off the horse and flew towards his enemy. Using the scythe, he blocked the incoming attack. He twisted his wrist and sent the sword of his enemy, flying to an unknown direction. Both of them fell back to the ground

But before Yun Ren Xie can even see him attack his opponent, her shadow entity retreated. The shadow was pulled forcefully to her direction until it bumped with her. She kneeled by its suppressing force, the dark shadow slowly vanished while surrounding her body. Coughing up blood, she felt the shadow's extreme loneliness and blood thirsty personality. So thats why Baoshi warned her. Beings that she wished to create, especially those who have killing intent and more negative characteristics can exhaust her and also let Yun Ren Xie feel its own sorrow.

"Ah! Host, you need to retreat!" Baoshi panicked and kept flying around her.

"Retreat? This great one is the boss here. No one can make me retreat!" she stubbornly said, "Also, where can I go too? My consciousness? Its boring inside. To the border? My father wont be at the manor anymore to protect me."

Yun Ren Xie picked her little guide and used her scythe to cut the other horse' rope. "Get back inside." Yun Ren Xie ordered Baoshi to retreat back at her consciousness.

When Baoshi disappeared, the girl riding the horse is about to speed up when her scythe disappeared without her consent. If that happens.... then the man is in trouble!