Chapter 65: Little Sun

"Young Master, Mistress came and requested for audience." a young servant boy came inside the training ground where Seimei is patching up a book.

He looked up at his servant before nodding. Seimei never liked the way the maids are looking at him, some even dared to drug him but he secretly took action without bugging his Senior Sister.

Right now, he was surprised as to why she is calling him. In one year of living with her under the same large estate, she never spoke to him or either visit him. If new techniques are needed, she would just send her most trusted maid over.

Seimei went inside his chamber to have a bath and change to his formal attire. As he was looking for his cloak since its still winter, he found a jadeite flute inside his closet. It was the flute he bought last year in the demon realm which can turn into a naginata. The plum tassel have faded its original blue colour and some parts have been damaged.

Yun Ren Xie layed at the stone carved divan while three maids served her, one massaging her head, the other peeling the kyoho and feeding it to her while the other one is playing the koto instrument at the entertainment stage.

"Mistress, Young Master Seimei have arrived." the servant boy came and soon enough, Seimei walked out of the door screen. With his elegant posture and mysterious features, the maid Yun Ren Xie brought in have stopped there work.

"Why have you come?" he asked in a slight disdaining tone of his voice while looking away, Seimei then sat at the divan next to his Senior Sister, watching the maid that stopped playing.

"Girl, I did not say stop so continue." Yun Ren Xie waved her hand and so the other girls nervously did what they are told to. "Abe no Seimei, you ungrateful little brother."

"Ungrateful? That's right." he answered before stealing a kyoho from the table between them. "One year of ignoring me, are you satisfied? Hurry up and tell me what you need." Seimei poured all of his anger but cant bring himself in retorting too much once he remembered how she looked at him in the past when Bijin came to the palace.

Yun Ren Xie fell silent, is this the result of her being unable to speak to him all the time? She can only sigh inwardly before speaking. "Eight days from now it'll be your birthday banquet. I promised you didnt I? Its almost time to find a suitable young miss for you and after that, both of you will manage this estate."

"Find me a wife? Then you'd keep yourself busy lazing around all day? How great." he answered sarcastically.

"Seimei, when she will marry you, I'll leave this estate and travel Japan. You know I am fond with kids since I met Fuyu and you." Yun Ren Xie answered as if it doesnt matter at all.

"I wont take a wife then." Seimei looked at her sideways and noticed at how much the girl have changed. Her hair is cut down at her waist, her rosy delicate face went more alluring but her originally deep blue eyes have turned to a pale one.

"I wont stay for long anyway." she gloomily said and turned to face the entertainment stage.

"What?"

Yun Ren Xie did not respond and stood up to leave the yard. The young man wanted to ask her more questions but quickly held his desire.

Sighing, he still remembered the day his Senior Sister promised him that she'll tell her name however, she seems to have forgotten and yet Seimei is still looking forward to it.

"Mistress! Mistress!" a maid came running at Yun Ren Xie who just walked out of Seimei's yard.

"Yes?"

"Y-Young Master Fuyu is waiting outside."

The three maids with Yun Ren Xie confusedly glanced at each other. How come there is another young master? They figure out maybe because they are still hired newly in this estate that they havent heard of this Fuyu. Looking at their Mistress, she suddenly gave a solemn expression. Shock at her reaction, all of them knew their Mistress is always carefree and never showe dher emotion as if she doesnt care anything happening at all yet right now, their Mistress have turned serious.

Yun Ren Xie left her maid behind and went to the estate's gate. Slowly opening it, a man in plain clothes and outstanding appearance greeted her sight. She expected herself to give him a cold shoulder yet she knew she cant.

"Taiyo...." he whispered in deep breath. Subarashi Fuyu wore his silver mask covering half of his face, the maids that caught a glimpse of him thought he was their Young Master Seimei.

"After disrespecting me as your teacher and older sister, you dare come back?" she raised her chin up as if she was belittling him but Fuyu knew from the looks of her eyes, she was still the gentle Chisona Taiyo during his teenage years.

"I dont.... I never viewed you as my sister at all! Why cant you even tell?" Fuyu walked closer then grabbed both her arms.

Yun Ren Xie sighed before materializing a two toned carnation with the combination of white and pink then handing it to Fuyu. She doesnt want to hurt him further, the only way is giving him an object with direct meaning.

Subarashi Fuyu held the carnation in his hands, a tear finally let down. "Just for him your willing to abandon me?" his voice went hoarse yet dared not look at Chisona Taiyo's pale blue eyes.

"Your an emperor now, why do you need to keep someone who'd bring you down someday?" Yun Ren Xie caressed his face for a final farewell.

"Please, come back."

She shakes her head and went inside the estate then the maids closed the door. The day they saw a man with same appearance as their Young Master Seimei is the day they saw how broken hearted their Mistress is. She never ate her lunch or dinner, she never got out in her room.

Seimei had his servant boy report it to him, he felt quite confused as to why she is acting like that.

As midnight approached, Seimei snuck in Yun Ren Xie's courtyard and went to her chamber. He can see her sleeping on top of her table while papers in crumpled staye settled around her. Seimei opened one of them yet he cant understand the language, it was foreign in his eyes.

Looking at the table, he saw two papers neatly intact together. One contained the same foreign language while the other is Japanese.

Reading the letter, his usual calm eyes went frigid as he looked at the peacefully sleeping girl.

Misstress, your health have been unstable after a year passed. Are you sure to keep this away from Fuyu and Seimei? The invasion have processed quickly since you've been using your mana to prevent Seimei's demon blood in taking over his humanity but Mistress, please stop it already. Seimei can either turn to a full fledged kitsune or an onmyoji. It all depends in his willpower.

Seimei cant understand, he have demon blood? Since when? And his Senior Sister kept curing him? In what way? What secret does she have? Why even Fuyu dont know about it?

____________________

5k reads fam! This three updates will be the reward. I still have lots of draft here. Dont forget to drop a comment and leave your magnanimous vote! Thanks so much😘