The Death

Abigail's POV

The day started really bad for me. I celebrated my 11th birthday 2 days ago and completely forgot about doing my homework. So sadly, I had to spend the last two days doing loads of work. To be honest, I didn't understand half of it.

No, I am not weak in my studies. It's just that I've spent almost all my classes daydreaming about my birthday party. Now that I think of it, It was not a great idea but at least everything went by just as I imagined it to be.

The one person I wanted to see so badly, my dad, flew all the way from Washington for my birthday. He works there as a doctor there in the US army hospital.

Although I wish that he's here with us and spends time with me, I am proud of him working for the US army. Treating soldiers who got injured trying to save us, people is a great job. Right?

As I was saying, I was awake the entire night trying to finish my maths homework. My brother kept reminding me the entire time that I'd wake up late tomorrow and then won't be able to drop me off at school.

I didn't take that seriously and continued working till around 1 am And The next morning, like Aaron, my brother predicted, I got up late. Too late that he already was off to the hospital.

You see, he works as a doctor. A cardiothoracic surgeon, I think. He is also the head of the entire hospital's adult ward. So, he's super busy and has to leave early for emergency surgeries and stuff like that.

It wasn't a problem though, because mom could always drop me off. Mom works at the San Francisco art institute as a private tutor. She's an amazing artist and that's definitely how I got such good skills.

We both used to spend hours together drawing. We used to have so many competitions between us and she never lets me win like other mothers do.

Mom believes that I should improve myself and try beating her on my own. To be honest, she's too skilled for me to beat her. She literally works with oil paints and gouache while I'm stuck in learning watercolors.

Either way, I love her so much and I sincerely wish that one fine day I'd be able to paint a fantabulous painting and beat her.

So anyway, it's been around one and a half hours since mom dropped me off at school and The second period, which happens to be maths, just started.

I was praying so hard for God to send a distraction. Like... the fire alarm to ring or an assembly so that the class could be disrupted.

It's not that I don't like maths. In fact, I love maths, the problem is with the teacher Miss. Christina. She taught Aaron when he was in 6th grade but was always good to him and never once complained about him.

But, She hates me for some unknown reason and always tries to reduce my grades. She once gave me a 12/50 which is ridiculous because I studied day and night to ace the test. literally, everyone who likes me was angry with her because almost the entire school knows that I am amazing at maths.

Because of her erratic behavior, I was in trouble with the principle and Aaron because of my failing grade. It's not the first time she reduced marks on my test paper.

As I sat in class thinking about a prank to play on that amateurish teacher, the headmaster's assistant entered the class. It's common for him to come through. He comes regularly to deliver messages or papers from the headmaster.

This time he spoke with the teacher for a while before the teacher spoke to the class.

"Abigail Kara Matthew, the headmaster wants you to his office. ASAP.", she said.